FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki kon VI ???
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki kon VI ???
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 07:58 am   Permalink

So - would you say this is a low (Ti)key event this year then compared to previous years? LOL!!

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 08:44 am   Permalink

If this years TikiKON is really only one night, maybe some of us should think about booking rooms at The Palms and hanging out at The Alibi on Friday night.

We'd be up for that!!

Can we get an official word on whether this years Kon is only one day as suggested earlier? Come on folks, the calendar is filling up fast!

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 10:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-12 08:44, seamus wrote:
If this years TikiKON is really only one night, maybe some of us should think about booking rooms at The Palms and hanging out at The Alibi on Friday night.

We'd be up for that!!

Can we get an official word on whether this years Kon is only one day as suggested earlier? Come on folks, the calendar is filling up fast!

Who are you again?????:

[ This Message was edited by: Maori_man 2008-05-12 10:04 ]

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 11:04 pm   Permalink

Even I forget sometimes. But I do know I like rum, crappy motels, The Alibi, and cheap dates!

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-13 09:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-12 08:44, seamus wrote:

We'd be up for that!!

ONE DAY!?? How can you possibly do it all in one day? We can barely squeeze in everything in 2 or 3 days!

Gotta agree. The calendar is filling up and we need to make reservations and plans. There are a good number of us in the Seattle area who have to make some plans to attend.

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-13 11:43 am   Permalink

One day only: June 28.

The focus this year will solely be on Cocktails, so the Tiki mixologists and liquorati will certainly want to attend.

This Friday the 16th, I'll have details up about the schedule and tickets and such. This will be a small, intimate event in comparison to other years.

cmh
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-13 2:50 pm   Permalink

So would anyone else like to extend the festivities and meet up at The Alibi on Friday night and get some rooms at The Palms across the street? The prices range from $50 to $60 and they do offer a group rate. We could even make it a mini crawl and start out at Thatch!
Anyone interested?????

TikisbySeamus.com

Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-13 3:47 pm   Permalink

As extra enticement, Heather and I now live 10 minutes walking (and MAXing) distance from the Alibi.
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-13 4:04 pm   Permalink

dibs on Budgie's dogbed!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 11:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-13 14:50, seamus wrote:
So would anyone else like to extend the festivities and meet up at The Alibi on Friday night and get some rooms at The Palms across the street? The prices range from $50 to $60 and they do offer a group rate. We could even make it a mini crawl and start out at Thatch!
Anyone interested?????

Since this will be my first NWTikiKon, my girlfriend and I would be up for meeting and greeting and extra day. We both haven't been to any of the tiki bars of Portland, so this would be an extra bonus.

Will there be any mugs available such as the last few years have offered?

View Profile of thefuzz Send a personal message to thefuzz  Email thefuzz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 2:06 pm   Permalink

OK, I've talked to a couple folks, and we're gonna do it!

I just booked our room at The Palms and created a group password so that if we book 7 or more rooms we get a few bucks off the price. They will also try to keep our group in adjacent rooms if possible. The password is........ TIKI.

I am planning on hanging at The Alibi for happy hour then hopping the MAX (no driving!) and touring some of the wonderful dive bars North Portland has to offer. We'll bring maps so you're free to wander or follow others. I've heard mention of The Dancin' Bare! We'll hit The Alibi again late for a nitecap and then back to The Palms for....did someone say room parties?

www.palmsmotel.com
503-287-5788
password- TIKI

Do a google image search for The Palms if you want a better look than the website offers.

See you there!!

TikisbySeamus.com

seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 2:10 pm   Permalink

Sorry folks, someone just got the jacuzzi room!

pacodoc

Posted: 2008-05-15 09:57 am   Permalink

Smokey and I will be there!

so, is there a place to sign up for the actual Kon? I might have missed a post about it, but we would like to get our name on asap. Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing pictures of all your cool Tiki bars and stuff.

pax

paco

View Profile of pacodoc Send a personal message to pacodoc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 10:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-13 11:43, Melintur wrote:
One day only: June 28.

The focus this year will solely be on Cocktails, so the Tiki mixologists and liquorati will certainly want to attend.

This Friday the 16th, I'll have details up about the schedule and tickets and such. This will be a small, intimate event in comparison to other years.

cmh

Oh what a shame! The previous years have been so much fun getting to visit everyone's tiki bar set up and the excitement at the Jupiter.

What happened?

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 11:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-14 14:10, seamus wrote:
Sorry folks, someone just got the jacuzzi room!

Hahahaha oh Seamus! Austin and I booked that room once and boy will you be impressed. Trust me...the key makes all the difference!

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation