FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Rugbymatt Visiting Bay Area
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Rugbymatt Visiting Bay Area
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-04 11:13 am   Permalink

So Thursday is dinner then Forbidden Island, got it. Also some mention of the Conga Lounge should I check it out Saturday as well?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-03-04 2:24 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for checking out FI. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it Thursday night. I'm on Tues, Wed, Sun this week.

Also FYI, Tonga Room is closed for renovations. (Don't panic. Yet.)

Sounds like a good trip!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-04 5:02 pm   Permalink

I just wrapped up here so I will head out to Forbidden Island at about 5:30. How long should it take to get there in a cab from Mason & O'Farrel in town?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-04 5:34 pm   Permalink

About 45 minutes. Prime time traffic and the cab will be expensive. Instead, take BART to Fruitvale and cab it from there -about 25 minutes.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-04 5:40 pm   Permalink

Even better, take BART to downtown Oakland-Broadway station. It's closer to FI and cabs are plentiful at Broadway and 13th.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-03-04 8:21 pm   Permalink

Matt is in the house! Come on over and say hi!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-05 2:38 pm   Permalink

You coming over to Forbidden Island tonight, Matt? It's Tiki Central night tonight, so a few of us will be there. And they have a DJ there tomorrow (Thursday), that will be spinning good music - you should check that out as well, it's good and the place will be hoppin'.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-06 12:10 am   Permalink

Couldn't make the Wednesday gathering but will be there on Tursday.

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-06 06:06 am   Permalink

Do you have an ETA?

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-06 08:06 am   Permalink

I'll probably take BART from Powell to Oakland and then catch a cab. Should leave here at about 5:30 this afternoon.

rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-06 7:31 pm   Permalink

Got a late start just got to Oakland 12th St. now.

Matt

rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-07 6:47 pm   Permalink

Heading to Vic's in Emeryville around 7:00 tonight.

Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-07 10:17 pm   Permalink

Hey Matt, where are ya? I had a touch of food poisoning yesterday, so I couldn't make it over to Forbidden Island, but I'm gonna swing by there in a few to see if you're around. My out of town plans got cancelled, so if you're not at FI tonight, then a few of us will try to meet you tomorrow night. Cheers!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-08 10:34 am   Permalink

Heading out to Alameda this morning to stay at Marina Village Inn. I'll be doing the tourist thing today Kona Club, Vic's grave, and Conga Lounge. Early supper at TV's in Emeryville then to Forbidden Island to meet up for Falin's birthday.

Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-08 12:02 pm   Permalink

I look forward to tipping a mug with you, Matt. We should be there around 6 and will most likely stay a long while. We are also ordering some pizza if you're still hungry. Any TC people should stop by and have a slice with us.
Pizza and mai tais--YEP!

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation