FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Travel » » Complete Tiki Spain
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Complete Tiki Spain
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 06:58 am   Permalink

I just found this thread, i love it!
Great photos Zeta, big ma halo for sharing!

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-04 07:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-06 16:16, Tikinomad wrote:
I thought I'd share pic's of some Tiki menu's I scored from the Waikiki Beach Club, the Malibu Bar Hawaiian Pub and the Bora Bora Polynesian Bar in Spain!
Enjoy........

I'm still looking for menu's from Hula-Hula, Kahiki, Aloha, Kahala, Hiva Oa, Tahiti and Mauna Loa.
If anyone's has any to sell please drop me a line!
Mahalo,
Tim

A quote from your topic, Spanish Tiki Menus :
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=25132&forum=5

Big ma halo for you Tikinomad! I'm glad you like this thread, I like your menus too.
Share some more photos from your Spanish collection if you can, maybe we could make some trade. I have some menus from the places you are looking for.
Also, maybe you can share some pictures from the bars those menus come from. Or anything else you can tell us about Tiki in Spain.
I can tell you that Malibu bar is closed now...

Ma halo amigo!

Z

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 10:50 am   Permalink

I'm a little behind with my wife being pregnant with our second child and what not but I will post more photos of the items in my Spanish Tiki collection, I promise! I wish I had more doubles to trade with you Zeta!

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 11:13 am   Permalink

This is a great thread in Travelling no less.

Didn't see a link to one of the best mug sites and you can't talk
Spanish mugs without a Porcelanas Pavon link close by. It was the
biggest mug explosion of new mugs ever. It was sorta discovering
tiki again.

http://www.porcelanaspavon.com/index.htm
view the catalog

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-14 05:45 am   Permalink

teaKEY: Why don't you show us some pictures of your mugs?

The Spanish mugs in my collection are vintage made by the original manufacturers 40 years before Porcelanas Pavon. Pavon did not created those mugs and that is why I don't refer to them. They make (not cheap) reproductions of SOME of the original mugs. There is no comparison between the quality of vintage and reproductions.
I know the complete story behind Spanish tiki culture, I knew the artists, I will show that someday, with many pictures and examples...

Aloha all

Z

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 07:36 am   Permalink

Zeta, I have to agree with you on the fact that old tiki mugs are made much nicer than the new ones. I try to collect vintage tiki mugs. One thing I like the best besides the design factor is the fact that the old mugs in general with the exception of some of the coffee grog mugs are real thin and lighter in weight and it is easier to hold and drink from. I have some new mugs but usually I don't serve drinks in them, they are pretty thick, I wonder why?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BastardoSaffrin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-04 10:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-24 07:50, The Sperm Whale wrote:
I love this thread!! I wish the Spanish mugs were easier to obtain. I wish I could afford a trip to Spain.

Um, Sperm Whale, as Zeta said before, I live in Spain and even for me it's not easy to get spanish mugs, I mean THESE mugs Z is showing... They are really old and obscure, and they're not being made since long ago. But you always can get the Porcelanas Pavón reproductions.

And Zeta, it's true, you can get them at flea markets... if you're very lucky!

View Profile of BastardoSaffrin Send a personal message to BastardoSaffrin  Goto the website of BastardoSaffrin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-16 2:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-14 07:36, hiltiki wrote:
Zeta, I have to agree with you on the fact that old tiki mugs are made much nicer than the new ones. I try to collect vintage tiki mugs. One thing I like the best besides the design factor is the fact that the old mugs in general with the exception of some of the coffee grog mugs are real thin and lighter in weight and it is easier to hold and drink from. I have some new mugs but usually I don't serve drinks in them, they are pretty thick, I wonder why?

Aloha caballeros!

The main difference between vintage American and Spanish mugs is that American mugs are made of clay, that's why they are lighter, Spanish mugs are made of porcelain and that's what make them heavier.

A picture of another vintage mug from my collection...
Hasta luego amigos!

Z

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-19 09:42 am   Permalink

Zeta, thanks for the reply your collection is very interesting to me. Could you put some more pictures of mugs for us. These mugs from Spain have some of the most interesting designs.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-03 09:21 am   Permalink

From my collection:

One is original vintage and the other one is a fake reproduction, which one is which?

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-03 1:43 pm   Permalink

Let's see the one on the right is vintage?

cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-04 01:24 am   Permalink

The oldest is definately the one on the right, it has more grey hairs

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-04 05:28 am   Permalink

¡Correcto!

Hiltiki and Cheekytiki are right! Mahalo for participating.

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-18 11:41 pm   Permalink

Somewhere in Spain...

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-08 12:01 pm   Permalink

From my humble collection...

Wawalag Menu

[ This Message was edited by: Zeta 2009-06-08 12:01 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation