FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Travel » » Complete Tiki Spain
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Complete Tiki Spain
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-27 10:06 am   Permalink

From an uncharted tiki bar somewhere in Iberia...

Spanish Mai Tais on me!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-08 9:50 pm   Permalink

Enchanted woods...

Picture by Zeta

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-25 06:20 am   Permalink

Signed Aku Aku

Thor in Madrid 22/5/81

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-27 03:33 am   Permalink

Is this Tiki?

Who did it?

Gracias por participar...

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-12 10:47 pm   Permalink

I love this picture. I love that place. It's just a fried chicken joint for northern European tourists in the mediterranean coast of Spain, but with a name like that, Paradise comes to my mind.

Salou

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-17 10:48 am   Permalink

I have never been there and I have no pictures or physical evidence of this place but I found it "surfing" the web. Maybe I will check it out using google maps street level function... Naufrago, Bastardo Saffrin, any euro out there, go check it out please! Take pictures!

Kon-tiki restaurant
Direccion: Passeig Marítim, 46
(Estartit,L´)
Torroella de Montgrí, Girona 17258
España

Trader Magnus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-18 12:10 am   Permalink

Here's a review of Kon-Tiki from TripAdvisor, doesn't sound too promising. No pictures or mention of tiki...

"Pictures show food like many other restaurants do (Chips, salad, meat, pizza, paella etc.) Weighters try to get you inside. I was very hungry so I ate almost half of what I got. Mixed grill (sauceges, pinchito's, ..) I tasted all, only the chips were OK (OK I'm Dutch but this food was very bad). The meat seemed to be very old. My daughter's pizza was like cardboard. Service is very slow even tough many people walk round and about.
That same night my wife and I became ill. We survived."

View Profile of Trader Magnus Send a personal message to Trader Magnus  Goto the website of Trader Magnus ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-18 09:46 am   Permalink

Gracias Trader Magnus! It sounds great! Now we need someone to go there and give us a first hand impression. Graphics are vital too! I would forgive their cooking skills for a cool logo or something like that. I never visit a (kon) tiki joint for the food, anyway. I would eat glass soup if the decor is cool!

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-12 08:26 am   Permalink

Expedicion Ant-Tiki o La familia Milenios descubre America

Made in Spain

Bertil Almqvist (29 August 1902 Solna — 16 May 1972 Stockholm), nicknamed Bertila, was a Swedish author and illustrator famous for his World War II-era En svensk tiger propaganda poster (which was one of the most recognized symbols in Sweden around this time period) as well as his children's book series, later comic, Barna Hedenhös (The Stone Age Kids Discover America, The Stones Explore Britain). Almqvist studied literature in Stockholm and Uppsala from 1924 until 1925.

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-13 09:28 am   Permalink

Good reading material while traveling trough Spain...

My father is a cannibal
Sten Bergman
Printed in Spain

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-15 8:35 pm   Permalink

Kontiki Playa

Marbella, 30, 07610 Playa de Palma

Mister Naufrago
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-23 09:32 am   Permalink

El Corte Inglés is Spain’s largest department store chain.
This Spanish institution is using Tikis in its summer sale advertising campaign.
As a result every major city is covered with gigantic Tiki images.

It´s a strange feeling…

View Profile of Mister Naufrago Send a personal message to Mister Naufrago  Email Mister Naufrago     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-12 10:06 am   Permalink

Hey Sr. Castaway! I bet the publicists where inspired by your blog!
I definitely don't like the mainstream looting my favorite sub-culture. Some things are better left in the dark and only for the initiated. Oh well... If they would contribute something it would be fair game but 99.99% of the times they only dilute coolness to a lame comatose state and make a healthy profit by doing so. Happened with Graffiti, happened with skateboards, happened with punk rock...
On the other hand, old tiki temples need new pilgrim's money.

Here's a picture of a true tiki pioneer artist.

Mr. Robert Williams in Barcelona, Spain.

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-30 11:56 am   Permalink

Vintage Postcard
Typical Spanish Exotica

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 8:21 pm   Permalink

Cool! How did that tie in to the building -a hotel, I assume?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation