FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Travel ╗ ╗ Complete Tiki Spain
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Complete Tiki Spain
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-11-08 5:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-08 17:14, Zeta wrote:
...Someone please translate.

Here's a rough one.

"Now comes the technical part. I wonder why I did that bears tiny masks that pot. First I tried to build on something that had a Polynesian flavor, but not make it accurate, this is, I documented, but then had to apply to slavery requires you matter in this case the porcelain. caretitas These were a bit unpleasant to me to be outstanding and the vessel would have had to make separate molds to compose the whole piece which would increase the price of the same and breaks in the management of used washing etc. would have guessed that I would buy. When he had to give customers a product that was attractive and functional. I could have made any other vessels riskier, more showy but when everyone looked to sell them from breaking, or at least possible. Do not know if I have explained well regarding this particular point. "

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-09 09:08 am   Permalink

Hakalugi,
It is rough, but mahalo anyway. (Was it done by a robot?)

So, basically what El Maestro said is: Form follows function. Practicality. To sell more. To use less molds for each mug...

I told him about tikicentral.com sent him a link to this very thread. I am not sure if he is bilingual though. He also told me that he enjoys answering this questions, a good memory excersise that bring back vivid memories of the past. Because he loved that exotic 40 year period of his life.
He is willing to cooperate. The more we ask the more we will know.

Next Question please.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-09 10:55 am   Permalink

Ha, funny babblefish translation. But why ask questions if we can't read the answers?
Well, I can't really complain, I wrote both my books in English, and had somebody from the publisher do the translations into German, because I was too lazy to do it.

And the solid durability of the Spanish mugs is a hallmark of their design for sure. Here is another question. When he started out, was he aware of any of the American Tiki temples, like perhaps the Trader Vic's that had made it to Europe?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-02 2:18 pm   Permalink

Bigbro- not when he started... all he had was some mugs and menus.

Next question?

TIKI SPAIN TRAVEL ADVICE: If you are visiting Islas Canarias, you might want to check hotel: Riu Waikiki.
http://www.tripadvisor.es/ShowUserReviews-g562819-d237082-r6546122-Riu_Waikiki-Playa_del_Ingles_Grand_Canary_Canary_Islands.html

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-13 4:43 pm   Permalink

Now a really nice and super rare vintage tiki mug with TWO side pockets for double carbonic smoke curtain effect!

Maori face two side pockets original vintage 1960's

For trade or sell... TCer's first. eBay next...

Ships from the U.S. and A. North of the Right Coast near Beantown, Boston. PM me if interested. Serious collectors only.
Aloha

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-21 11:43 am   Permalink

Beautiful Marina (photo doesn't do justice to it) by the founding father of Spanish Tiki Style...

Love the Ocean...

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-25 08:57 am   Permalink

Lonely Planet review for Mondo Tiki

Unwind to the soothing sounds of lounge in gay and gay-friendly Mondo Tiki .

Calle MÚndez N˙˝ez 3 Old Town Malaga Spain

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-24 1:00 pm   Permalink

Zombie
Made in Spain
From the "Super Monstruos" coleccion especial.

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-03 6:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-16 14:39, Zeta wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-08-14 07:36, hiltiki wrote:
Zeta, I have to agree with you on the fact that old tiki mugs are made much nicer than the new ones. I try to collect vintage tiki mugs. One thing I like the best besides the design factor is the fact that the old mugs in general with the exception of some of the coffee grog mugs are real thin and lighter in weight and it is easier to hold and drink from. I have some new mugs but usually I don't serve drinks in them, they are pretty thick, I wonder why?

Aloha caballeros!

The main difference between vintage American and Spanish mugs is that American mugs are made of clay, that's why they are lighter, Spanish mugs are made of porcelain and that's what make them heavier.

A picture of another vintage mug from my collection...
Hasta luego amigos!

Z

on ebay right now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270793475425

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-19 08:51 am   Permalink

This thread deserves more action... It's like it's being kept silent on propose for some secret private interest. If you read this, and you want some more Spanish Tiki Action, just clap your hands and say yeah!
Almost 20.000 views on this thread, but almost no feedback! Come on you lurkers! I know you are out there! Just show your face and say Hi! It's Ok, you can blog about my investigation without crediting me, but at least say hola to me. Otherwise, I don't even know if there's an appreciation for the Spanish Tiki Theme! It's like the tree that falls in the middle of the woods. If there's nobody there to listen, does it make a sound when it falls?

Anyone, just say, "I want some more" and I will keep this gorgeous thread alive! I still got tons of tiki beauty to share here with you.
Does anyone have a question for The artist that created the style 50 years ago? It's my personal friend, I will be happy to ask him!

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-22 4:14 pm   Permalink

Well I like it. I like Spanish Tiki and I like pictures and there are a lot of pics to oogle at. I don't have a lot to

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-20 10:36 pm   Permalink

This post is for teaKEY!

I just want to tell anyone into Tiki international that the Maestro creator of the Spanish Tiki Style is sad because his deserved credit in the Tiki History is not credited.
Almost all Tiki bibliography, museums and mainstream collectors guiltily ignore it.
The Maestro is old. He wants to tell the story straight. Once and for all.
Tiki brotherhood, Please help me write the Spanish Tiki History book.
Please ask Him anything Spanish Tiki.

He wants to revitalize the international tiki scene, he just don't care about computers or English.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-10 4:42 pm   Permalink

Zeta, I so agree! I think it's just hard to ask questions for folks here when they don't know HOW and WHERE to even begin:

Spanish Tiki history is a complete mystery to almost all of us, me included. To ask intelligent questions, one has to have some basic knowledge, context, and reference. You have to set up a basic structure, a timeline perhaps, like:

WHAT was the first Tiki bar in Spain? When and where did it open? (I know you answered some of this previously, but let's start from zero, please)

WHO opened it, and WHY?

Did your man have any connection with the place or people involved?

(These are just ideas to keep the dialogue going)

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-30 08:09 am   Permalink

Aloha Bigbro,

So let's make a book together.

"El Maestro" the artist himself, (which means NEW ORIGINAL ART by his holy hands) Mister Naufrago, You and Me.
And of course our friends at Tiki Central. (Dustycajun, KC, Sabu, Hummuhummu, Kate (R.I.P.), Mimi Payne, TikiNomad, Etc...)

Deal?

We need a tiki lawyer.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-30 3:04 pm   Permalink

...and a Tiki agent, and most of all: a Tiki sponsor! Then I can come over, and rent some lights and we spend several weeks touring and shooting the bars in Spain and Portugal!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation