FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Get On The Bus! SF Tiki Crawl 2003 Tiki Bus
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Get On The Bus! SF Tiki Crawl 2003 Tiki Bus
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-02-24 4:09 pm   Permalink

Woooohooooo...that's 31 by my count so far. Folks, you'd better act fast: this bus is filling up fast.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-24 4:53 pm   Permalink

What should we drink? Mai Tais!!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-24 10:27 pm   Permalink

Okay, you got me! I'll be there with my finest bus tires (not to be confused with my equally as popular finest bus attire). I won't speak for Weird Uncle Tiki, but I'm pretty sure he'll be joining in, too. Thanks, Martiki.

-Johnnie Velour

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-25 11:43 am   Permalink

If we can get back to the East Bay (El Cerrito) at the end of the night, we're in (Gretchen & I). Would it pick us up, too, or do we need to get to The Foggy Grotto or Trad'r Sam's?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-02-25 2:07 pm   Permalink

Afraid you'll have to get out to our neck of the woodson your own. Just take BART downtown and grab the 38 Geary Bus on Market st. More to follow....

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
isaca
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-02-25 3:36 pm   Permalink

OK I'm slow, when is this happening? is it full?

View Profile of isaca Send a personal message to isaca  Email isaca     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-02-25 4:08 pm   Permalink

It's not full yet, it's March 8th, and all the rest of the information is contained in that big banner at the top of the page. So come on up to SF for the weekend.

-martin

Out of towners without accomodations: Try the Cow Hollow Inn on Lombard. I've heard it's good and reasonably priced.

kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-25 7:38 pm   Permalink

I think we'll definitely have to be drinking on the bus, 'cuz once we get to the bars we'll have a tough time ordering a drink when 30-40 of us belly-up to the bar at the same time!

--Slod

View Profile of kingslod Send a personal message to kingslod  Email kingslod Goto the website of kingslod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-02-26 4:27 pm   Permalink

I went to check out this big fucker today at the limo place and:

1. Bad news: It wasn't there like they promised me. grrr...

2. Good News: It wasn't there because it was getting it's regular service, along with new tires and brakes.

So the good news is we won't be flying out of control down the hills like Michael Douglas in The Streets Of San Francisco.

More to come tomorrow,
Martin

-keep posting! You KNOW you want to be on the bus.

TikiMel
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-02-26 10:12 pm   Permalink

ooooh... me plus one! Two !!

View Profile of TikiMel Send a personal message to TikiMel  Email TikiMel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-26 10:53 pm   Permalink

Some of you will no doubt be staying at the Cow Hollow Inn as well. It will be fun trying to pick fellow Tiki nuts out of the crowd before we meet, especially if you're wearing one of those colorful hibiscus flower coconut lei palm tree cycad 50's woody beach shirts. We should have a contest for the best shirt and........dress? Do women still wear dresses? I think I need to get out more often.

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2003-02-26 22:55 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-28 07:12 am   Permalink

Aloha!
Add 2 more single wahines! I talked my friend from work into going (gotta convert her to tiki-she's almost there!)

Hey, how does the bar thing work? My friend was telling me that what she has done before on things like this: one or two people buy the 'goods' and divide the expense by how many people are going. So everyone chips in a certain amount, and we have a balanced bar-not 35 bottles of grenadine and 1 bottle of Red Rum. What do you think?

Now if we had 35 bottles of Red Rum and 1 bottle of grenadine, that might not be a bad thing......

Tacky Tiki

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-28 09:57 am   Permalink

Can I still get on? I have three people in my party, me, Craig and a friend Blair.

I really have to be more on top of TC. You guys talk way too much, I do occasionally have to work, you know.

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-02-28 4:48 pm   Permalink

!!!!The Bus is almost full!!!!

This is your cruise director Julie McCoy here: Thanks everyone for the big response. This bad boy is going to climb the hills in style. Here's the list so far:

Martin (martiki6)
Rebecca
Vic (jungletrader) +1
Adrian (PolyPop)
SugarCaddyDaddy
HulaHula
Lisa (tikivixen)
Cindy (cynfulcynner)
Dean (thejab) +2
Mig (Mig)
Cathey (Miss Frenchy)
Randy (aquarj)
Naomi (chihuahuaplanet)
Puppy (Traderpup)
David (Kingslod) +8
Bruce (Mr. Smiley)
Enid (Mrs. Smiley)
Weirduncletiki
Tina (floratina)
Johnnie Velour
Rich (tiki-bot) +1
Isaca
TikiMel +1
Tacky Tiki +1
Heather (TikiMama) +2

That's 41 by my count- only four spots left. Now- here's the thing: I'm going to private message everyone on the above list with my email address for PayPal. I want to make sure everyone who expressed interest early gets a chance to pay first. (let me know right away if it doesn't work- I haven't used it before to accept money). Remember to give me the following information in the notes field on the PayPal window:

1. The full real names of everyone in your party (including yourself!)
2. Where you are staying that night. We can't drop everyone off at home, but I want to get an idea about where people are going back to, and we'll try our best.

Those of you with more than one person in your party will have to pay in advance for everyone you are bringing. I really, really, really want to pay for everything in advance so I don't have to fuss with it on that night. I know that means a big outlay for some of you, like Slod, but you know your friends/co-workers/mistresses best and can collect for them yourselves. Or give them my email address and tell them to reference who they are with in in the PayPal field.

Since the turn out is looking good, I can keep it at $20 per person. Unless you make prior arrangements with me and/or can't use PayPal, any remaining seats will be sold on the night of the crawl on a first come, first serve basis for $25 at Trad'r Sam's.

On Sunday night the 2nd, I will post the email for everyone to see and open the reservations to the public. So those of you who have signed up need to pay straight away to insure your seat. Once someone pays, they've got a seat. If Osama pays me $20, he's going on the bus. So hurry up and pay before Osama.

We can discuss drink/decor/in-flight entertainment ideas soon.

Thanks again everyone!

-martin

[ This Message was edited by: martiki6 on 2003-03-03 11:34 ]

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-02-28 5:18 pm   Permalink

Oh- and of course I will hold a seat open for Hanford. I guess I can bump Osama for Hanford. Are you coming, big man?

-martin

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation