FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Keeping velvet tiki art alive...? TWO PIECES ARE WRAPPED! YEAH!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 Next Page )
Keeping velvet tiki art alive...? TWO PIECES ARE WRAPPED! YEAH!
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 4:31 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys. I love the frame too, its obviously a home run. I wanna see more of the room too. Thanks LOL.

Ken, I think you could kick Bob Ross's ass...that is unless he gives you a 'fro-butt. That might be too much for you unless you really paid attention to C.Q.C. in boot.

Black velvet tiki art...
needs more blood.

[ This Message was edited by: Robb Hamel 2008-10-23 16:42 ]

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 5:12 pm   Permalink

These are the FREAKIN' AWESOME paintings that I got from Ken Ruzic.

They are in the music listening/reading corner of my bedroom next to my Voice of Music phono from 1953. I cannot believe how cool the paintings are. They are the perfect mix of technique, imagination, and fun. They also have their own spotlight, as you can see in the pic.

Thanks Ken - Consider my mind blown.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 6:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-23 17:12, Robb Hamel wrote:

Does the phonograph still work?

Quote:

On 2008-10-23 17:12, Robb Hamel wrote:
These are the FREAKIN' AWESOME paintings that I got from Ken Ruzic.

Shweet!

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-25 4:36 pm   Permalink

LOL - The phono not only DOES work, the thing is so cool it seems to make the whole house a little nicer, the same as Ken's work, so it's nice to have the group of them together.

Now I'm gonna jump off here and go listen to some old Swing music and chill....

www.robbhamel.com

TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-25 4:42 pm   Permalink

Wow, look out Thomas Kincade, there is a new painter of light in town and he blows you away!

Fabulous!!

Where is your next showing, I would absolutely love to go!!

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-26 5:48 pm   Permalink

fergit about the damn Ruzics...i am digging the stylish decor!!!!!

t

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-26 9:05 pm   Permalink

ditto on that!
i got Ruzic pieces ALL over the studio but it still don't look as cool as your listening room!
You're a class act,Robb! Thanks for letting these beautify your home!
AND their own spotlight?
You're too much!
thanks man!

now let's see some more ART!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 06:14 am   Permalink

TikiMookie - I don't have any showing until December. If I lived in Cali I'd be able to squeeze in some more, but I need the time 'cause I'm working on taking a more Zenish approach to velvet.

Big Toe - don't forget the Ruzics!

Ken - you're the very definition of too much (in a good way)! I'll try to get some new stuff on here soon.

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 08:40 am   Permalink

Robb, nice score on the LLT's. Cool new works, very moody! And what a mod pod you keep, KEEN!!!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 10:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-23 16:31, Robb Hamel wrote:
...I wanna see more of the room too. Thanks LOL.

Here's a little more (I don't want to hijack your thread ). The room's not lit well for photos so some of them are on the dark side...

Tiki on the Wes-sieeeed

Another view...

Something Gecko made for me; a Red Dirt Waka with a Skrimshaw Warrior...

Bosko's Little Melanesian says "West is THAT way"...

Ben and Eli hanging in their corner of my world...

If I'm not looking, you can't see me!
(Ignore the unfinished closet doors, please.)

Stockton Islander Representin'...

Aarrrggg!!!

Busted!

Damn!

The room's not done yet. There's stuff yet to go on the walls; like one of Kinny's pieces (which is being framed), an Amy Crehore print, a couple of Derek Yaniger's prints (Tiki Island and Oasis). Waiting in the wings; a puffer fish lamp, a cool, old Honu Tapa that I'm not sure how to treat framing/hanging wise, and some other stuff. I also want to carve up a crown molding with something like a cool Maori swirly fern pattern, get some more lighting in and figure out a way to make additional room for the rest of my mugs - present and future. And then...???

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 11:07 pm   Permalink

Hey Robb, It's so fun popping on to this thread! The work is over the top as ussual, and I have to agree with toe and kinny...you sitting room there is the swankyest! I use to have a stack of 45's that I wore out to nothing It's cool to see that you still have yours

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-01 06:21 am   Permalink

Thank you SneakyTiki - mod be my thang.

LOL: I like when others contribute to my thread - your dog looks like he got busted! Cool stuff in that room, helluva collection.

Babalu: a guy who's still a teen got me back into vinyl! Thanks for getting a kick out of my thread - all of you like-minded TC artists have been an amazing help to me.

My apologies to the many artists who's threads I haven't been contributing to lately. I've been trying to get some big projects rolling but will stop being a jerk soon!

www.robbhamel.com

BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-04 12:54 pm   Permalink

I am dropping by to show off the PNG Paddle-head black velvet by the brilliant Robb Hamell.

and here is a little context above an old Matson-line menu in my dining room...the rest of the room is far too thrashed to publish in polite society.

that is a frame i had laying around. when i have time, i am gonna put it in a better custom double-frame.

in exchange i am working on a zombie island girl on driftwood.

MAD MAhalos Robb!!!!!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-16 4:31 pm   Permalink

Here's a preview of a huge (in inches) commission I've just finished. This monster is more than 46" wide, but looks even bigger in person!

I've been very sick and haven't been able to do the dustspeck cleanup on the main pic - I'll post that when I recover. Enjoy.

www.robbhamel.com

THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-16 11:01 pm   Permalink

NOW I see what magic youv'e been brewin up!!! LOve this.... It reminds me of the warm summer nites in the 60's where the waterfalls and backyard with malibu lights wove tropical enchantment into the eves in California. Nice combo of organic with architecture man! Keep the velvet blood a flowin!!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation