FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Keeping velvet tiki art alive...? TWO PIECES ARE WRAPPED! YEAH!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 Next Page )
Keeping velvet tiki art alive...? TWO PIECES ARE WRAPPED! YEAH!
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-17 03:35 am   Permalink

Beautiful piece Robb! You know I dig the Mod Pods!
Get well soon!

S
T

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-17 10:49 am   Permalink

you're too cool for school Robb!
great new piece!
like you said,it's all about the MOOD!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 6:16 pm   Permalink

Whoa!
always love the colors you bring out!

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-23 5:06 pm   Permalink

I've found out the hard way that a viral infection of my nerves really sucks and hurts a lot at the same time - it sure slows down the amount of work I can do.

Here's the finished piece. It's kind of a Mai Kai-like setting in the back yard of a Modern house. The exciting part about doing this piece is doing the landscape lit by colored lights. I used pics I took at the Mai Kai to help.

Looking at a preview of this post, I've realized the painting is just too big to be displayed well here. Darn. Thanks for looking.

"...A Cool Pad, Baby" 22x46"

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-23 5:17 pm   Permalink

Breathtaking Robb. Speaking of breathtaking, I visited your website a few weeks ago and my 2009 Cadillac El Dorado showed up Friday. It is just stunning, thank you so much. Runs like a scalded cat and handles like a dream

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-23 5:35 pm   Permalink

Mike, you got some good laughs with that one!
I'm glad you like your car.

A quick question: Would it be kosher to put on a non-Tiki painting I just finished??????

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-23 6:09 pm   Permalink

That's a beautiful piece Robb.

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-23 8:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

A quick question: Would it be kosher to put on a non-Tiki painting I just finished??????

Robb, we all enjoy your work and I don't think a non-tiki post will get you banned. You could always claim that you've been sick and you had a fever when you posted If you are really concerned, you could post it in Bilge.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 03:21 am   Permalink

Wow, that's a stunning piece Robb - well done! I would love that on my wall.

Yes of course I would love to see your non tiki painting.

Keep up the great work.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 12:32 pm   Permalink

Robb, this new painting is simply amazing! Whoever commissioned it is a very lucky person indeed!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
artosaurus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 10:38 pm   Permalink

Robb,

That is beyond cool.
It may well be the finest velvet painting ever created by human hands.
I kid you not.

The composition, color and lighting all work together in perfect harmony.

Did it hurt when Ol' Scratch took your soul in exchange for this ability?

View Profile of artosaurus Send a personal message to artosaurus  Email artosaurus Goto the website of artosaurus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-25 12:14 am   Permalink

"...A Cool Pad, Baby"
Sweeeeeet! I feel like I wanna walk past that tiki and trek on up to that ultra cool mid century pad.
Moody and swanky!
Well done!
Heck yeah, lets see the non tiki piece!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-25 03:04 am   Permalink

Again Robb..AWESOME!!

It's a given, now that your technique is outstanding..so I keep commenting on the "mood" I feel here that is so cool. I look at this and create a story in my mind..with my experiences in LA backyards during the 70's pool parties my parents would attend with me.

I feel like I am maybe 10 or twelve and wandered outside while all the parents are inside that house having a dinner party...fondue and martinis...and Don the Beachcomber Mai Tai's. You know when you are a kid at a party your parents attend and all the kids kinna get to be friends and look for stuff to do as the parents are getting tipsy. I feel like I might be outside with a few of the kids in a swanky LA backyard and we are looking at the cool tikis and the waterfall, lit by colored "Malibu" lights.

At this point, we would have dipped some plastic army men, GI -Joes or the kid who lives here's sisters barbies in the ponds or done something we were bound to get in trouble for. The sound of crickets everywhere. Maybe us kids discover that Mr. Smith has snuck outside the party with Mrs. Jones and are necking and giggling behind the date palm thinking they are unseen!!! lol... Anyways..I won't bastardize your masterpiece with my over active and warped imagination. Fantastic piece Robb!! Viva La Velvet!!

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2008-11-25 03:06 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-25 1:47 pm   Permalink

wowwowwowwowwowowow!
Robb, you've broken on thru!
wunnerful!i can't even imagine how awesome that piece is in the flesh!
Between you and Thor and Heather and Al,it seems all the finest velvet artists are tiki!
Quote:

Don't sweat it! Clysdalle's made a career of doing just that!

You're such an inspiration!
here's a painting i just did on velvet after talking to you!
thanks for the subject matter suggestion! You ROCK!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-25 7:17 pm   Permalink

Stop Horsing around Kenny!! ...And by the way..is that UrANUS in the background???

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation