FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Keeping velvet tiki art alive...? TWO PIECES ARE WRAPPED! YEAH!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 Next Page )
Keeping velvet tiki art alive...? TWO PIECES ARE WRAPPED! YEAH!
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-12 05:45 am   Permalink

It's Poly-Pop living, so interiors, exteriors, etc. Harold would really like them to also be affordable - I think that had pretty much gotten out.

I coulda' really had fun with that if I'd known a month or two ago. No big deal, one will fit the bill with a title and lighting change.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-12 06:47 am   Permalink

THREAD HIJACK
But since you guys are already talkin about it....... whats considered affordable for this kind of gallery?

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-12 08:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-12 06:47, Sophista-tiki wrote:
THREAD HIJACK
But since you guys are already talkin about it....... whats considered affordable for this kind of gallery?

We usually just find out how much you're asking
and then lowball it...
Remember ...there's commission too!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-14 3:23 pm   Permalink

Fantastic stuff Rob, Pastels or velvet it's all amazing.
With some creative framing aand lighting they must look
awesome in person. Im pretty sure the forgotten valley
of Nuku Hiva would look right at home at our place.Watango

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-25 08:53 am   Permalink

Whew!!!!

Lotsa commissions and no time to post.

Here is an update to one of my favorite paintings. I loved the first and didn't want to do another exactly the same way so I UPDATED it.

Here's the first. I liked it so much I put it in my Tiki Mag ad.

This is how the new one turned out. It is packed up and ready to ship to its' new owner.

The changes are to the cycad/palm thingie I made up.

I hope you guys like the changes.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-25 10:05 am   Permalink

Another fine painting Robb! I love the way you paint light/shadow!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-25 10:13 am   Permalink

cool, man! - so if a cycad and a bird of paradise mated, right? or was it a banana?

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-25 11:21 am   Permalink

I would really love to see you explore doing portraits more.

Any plans to go that route?

I can send you my photo for inspiration. haha

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MarkusK
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-25 12:04 pm   Permalink

A marq with a very contented smile. Simply beautiful, I love it. Amazing.

View Profile of MarkusK Send a personal message to MarkusK      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-25 12:15 pm   Permalink

Robb, This one one is my favorite. I love all the darkness in it. Great work as always.

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-25 7:40 pm   Permalink

Hey Rob, that looks stunning. Love the majority of the darkness just makes the colour sections draw your attention so much more!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-26 05:49 am   Permalink

Sam - thank you, I'd take out anybody in the room you point at to be able to do lettering like you.

Pat - I think it's a blend of palm and something a little more phallic.

Leleliz - I do have plans to do more portrait/wahine stuff but commissions have been doing the steering lately. If you have a pic of yourself with good lighting and some tropical accessories, I might be able to use it for an experiment.

Markusk - big thanks.

mp - darkness is the real fun, isn't it?

hewey - I'm using some new paints to give the bright areas more pizzaz - not that it would show much in pics.

Thanks guys, I'll try to get some of my other new work on here soon.

www.robbhamel.com

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-26 9:16 pm   Permalink

Awesome elaboration on gorgeous first piece!
The lighting has a diff hue in the second...
adds a slightly diff vibe
so friggin gooooooood!
and the vegetation difference adds a soother flow to the piece...
right on Marvin!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-04 06:06 am   Permalink

Thanks Ken, the difference is mood was to further seperate the new piece.

I've been up to something REALLY different lately.

DaddyKatz, the amazing local Tiki/Hot Rod/Retro shop needs a paint job, sign, and a design around its giant Tiki.

Owner Bill Winger asked for help deciding on which way to go.

I can't afford Photoshop, & don't like using pirated software, so I'm stuck with a photo editing program from the '90's. I used what I have to do some quick, broad color changes to help Bill decide what color to use:

This is the current color of the building. When this was taken the Tiki hadn't been put up yet.

I thought maybe a more 1950's car blue might be okay.

The next few were just wild swings at wilder colors:

Bill wanted a black background for the Tiki that I could design a background for.

The front of the building being in shade made judging colors like the white one above hard to do, so I took a new pic:

Yellow seemed to be the preferred color and I was given a particular one to use. I also started to do a more refined job.

We may be making a sign for the building ourselves. This used an existing font just to see what lettering looked like on this part of the building.

This has been an especially interesting project. After some roof repair is finished, we're gonna start really attacking the building color....

www.robbhamel.com

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-04 07:26 am   Permalink

Major show velvet there boss...don't price it to low...it's to nice.

Its cool that your having fun with the Daddy Katz gig, and the yellow DK picked is wonderful...I wished he would have thrown some of that show stopping green in there too.

Keep up the great work Robb!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation