FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki tiki store finds - spring 2008
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
tiki store finds - spring 2008
tikicar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-06 3:48 pm   Permalink

Hey pariartspaul, Big Lots also have signs that are exact rip off of your styles as well. They are to stick in the grass. Like a flat stick then it has little signs on it. There are several on each stick. One says tiki bar. Another Surf lessons or something. They look just like what the Joannes stuff is but on a stick. Only one big lots I saw had it. Scott

View Profile of tikicar Send a personal message to tikicar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-06 6:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-06 15:48, tikicar wrote:
Hey pariartspaul, Big Lots also have signs that are exact rip off of your styles as well. They are to stick in the grass. Like a flat stick then it has little signs on it. There are several on each stick. One says tiki bar. Another Surf lessons or something. They look just like what the Joannes stuff is but on a stick. Only one big lots I saw had it. Scott

...nothin' like an idea whose time has come....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-07 07:32 am   Permalink

I found this at the Disneyana shop on Main Street yesterday. It's a toothpick holder with a sliding compartment below Pele's feet. It says Enchanted Tiki Room on the two sides.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-07 07:46 am   Permalink

..it's tiki....and it's a place to hide your drugs!!!.....and it's from disney, no less....what the hell is the world coming to???

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pariartspaul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-07 08:27 am   Permalink

Thanks all for letting me know about these repros of our signs. A friend brought us another design from JoAnn's that is a combo of our Aloha sign and one of our custom signs, so that's a total of 4 different designs they have based on our signs. If anyone can post a picture of the little signs from Big Lots I'd love to see it! We have a Big Lots close to us and I'll go check it out later today. Big Lots has 1500 stores.
Mahalo!

View Profile of pariartspaul Send a personal message to pariartspaul  Email pariartspaul Goto the website of pariartspaul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Tiki Shop
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-14 5:37 pm   Permalink

If you all like those home depot planters you will love mine. I can ship all over the US. Go to www.thetikishop.com

View Profile of The Tiki Shop Send a personal message to The Tiki Shop  Email The Tiki Shop Goto the website of The Tiki Shop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahikikiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-20 3:04 pm   Permalink

I just got back from Joann where I bought the 14" green Tiki as well. I intend to put some big silk banana leaves and a few flowers in the top. I am not really sure what the intended purpose is for the large opening at the top, though. I will try to post a pic once I get him all done.

View Profile of kahikikiki Send a personal message to kahikikiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wesley

Posted: 2008-05-21 12:28 am   Permalink

Just thought I'd join in and post a group shot of my tiki finds for this year so far (minus one I forgot in the trunk of my car).

I came across some great mugs and even some super-cheap glass floats, plus several other items, some of which are thanks to tips I came across here at Tiki Central!

If anybody's interested in the details, I've added a gallery for
Tiki Hunt '08 over at my site showing all the stuff I came across this year, including the stuff I didn't buy.

Hopefully, others here can benefit from some of my leads, like I did theirs.

View Profile of Wesley Send a personal message to Wesley  Goto the website of Wesley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-21 10:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-21 00:28, Wesley wrote:
Just thought I'd join in and post a group shot of my tiki finds for this year so far (minus one I forgot in the trunk of my car).

I came across some great mugs and even some super-cheap glass floats, plus several other items, some of which are thanks to tips I came across here at Tiki Central!

If anybody's interested in the details, I've added a gallery for Tiki Hunt '08 over at my site showing all the stuff I came across this year, including the stuff I didn't buy.

Hopefully, others here can benefit from some of my leads, like I did theirs.

Well, I looked through your whole gallery and didn't see the floats. Where did you come across those and how much were they? Also, do you know what the west coast equivalent of Garden Ridge would be? We don't have them here.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-21 12:12 pm   Permalink

Hi Wesley,
I really like
this print
and I want to buy the glossy 16x24 framed version for $259, I was wondering what the frame looked like.
Thanks!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wesley

Posted: 2008-05-21 6:28 pm   Permalink

JennTiki - I suspect the thumbnails at the bottom of the post caused some confusion. Those are just a selection of the entire album, which is located here. (I've changed the wording above those thumbnails, so maybe it's a little clearer now. Anyone else who was misled might want to go back and see the whole album. )

You can find the floats here. A close-up of the water-filled one is the next image forward.

Unfortunately, I don't know what Garden Ridge might be out west. I remember there used to exist a somewhat similar place called Cimarron Pottery around here years ago, but I don't know or remember much about them.

Unga Bunga - The frame is a simple, gallery-style black frame with a white mat. You can get an idea what it looks like by clicking "See It Framed" on the right side of the orange bar. You can find more information here.

But if you're interested in something else, just send me an e-mail through my site and I can probably arrange a custom frame job, no problem. Maybe even something in bamboo.

[ This Message was edited by: Wesley 2008-05-21 18:48 ]

View Profile of Wesley Send a personal message to Wesley  Goto the website of Wesley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 1:25 pm   Permalink

-Sigh-

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-23 10:12 am   Permalink

*heh*

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wesley

Posted: 2008-05-23 2:23 pm   Permalink

Why do I feel like I'm missing something ...?

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-24 06:03 am   Permalink

"The Walgreen's near me had these but they were Toothpick holders instead of the S&P ones." -caffeinated-

I've checked a couple Walgreens and they all had several trays of toothpick holders, one tray of S&Ps. The trays were stacked on each other on the shelf. Moving trays may reveal S&Ps.

But you're probably going to have to move trays anyway. Thre's a mix of tiki, pineapple, and hamburger designs. As there are few tikis and the glaze chips easily finding good specimens is difficult. If you're short one the pineapple and tiki make a good looking set together. (As you can see in Wesley's pic above.)

The toothpick holders remind me of very small Benihana style mugs where the front and back are solid, hole is in back. Assuming they're safe for food (they were intended fr dry goods) they'd make amusing servers for strongly flavored, high octane shot type drinks.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation