FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events May 18th Masonic Luau in El Cajon!!!MAY CHOP!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
May 18th Masonic Luau in El Cajon!!!MAY CHOP!
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 07:29 am   Permalink

Billy Brother...Can't make it man. Amy's brother is visiting from Colorado that weekend. You going to wear one of those cool hats when you carve?

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 10:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-05 07:29, Babalu wrote:
Billy Brother...Can't make it man. Amy's brother is visiting from Colorado that weekend. You going to wear one of those cool hats when you carve?

OUCH!!! That's like dad not being able to make my big game!! I understand the family cabletow, though. Family first always. You're still welcome to stop by with the family and check the scene without being part of the carving village.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 11:16 am   Permalink

"Amy's brother is visiting from Colorado that weekend."

Bro, I brought my 80-year-old mom to the Tiki Farm Sale, she got up at 6:30 am and helped us load chairs! She loved it!

Why not bring him to the Deluxe, Number One Greatest Show on Earth -

The Billy Boy Masonic Luau and Tiki Chop-a-Holic Marathon!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 12:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-05 11:16, Cammo wrote:
"Amy's brother is visiting from Colorado that weekend."

Bro, I brought my 80-year-old mom to the Tiki Farm Sale, she got up at 6:30 am and helped us load chairs! She loved it!

Why not bring him to the Deluxe, Number One Greatest Show on Earth -

The Billy Boy Masonic Luau and Tiki Chop-a-Holic Marathon!

Amys' not too fond of the chop........especially after I got Babs home at 7 and he was supposed to be home at 4. I think pushing it would warrant building a nice bamboo doghouse.

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 12:47 pm   Permalink

Cammo's mom is way cooler than my brother in-law.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 1:49 pm   Permalink

My mom LOVED the Tikiyaki orchestra; she's a pretty fine pianist, she actually used to do a duelling-pianos act with my Aunt, who later studied with Robert Goulet and could have gone concert-pro. So she absolutely loved sitting 15 feet from that band playing their retro tunes. I bought her the CD for her birthday.

So what ARE you gonna do with your brother-in-law???? We want the whole story!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 4:15 pm   Permalink

I think I'm going to take him down to that docked Russian sub and let him scoot around on his butt in there for awhile...fish tacos after...he likes fish tacos.

So Cammo, are you going to carve in one of those special little hats too? Someone take pictures...

tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 4:22 pm   Permalink

what hats? fez's? do masons wear fez's i though only shriners did

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 4:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-05 16:22, tikithomas08 wrote:
what hats? fez's? do masons wear fez's i though only shriners did

Shriners ARE Masons, but this is just a Masonic event. All Shriners are invited to don their Fez and partake of pig. All others are welcome to don a fez, as long as it's not a Shrine Fez. Wearing regalia that you have not earned is a no-no.

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 6:10 pm   Permalink

What Billy means here is that Thomas is correct - only Shriners wear the Fez!

Shriners are senior Masons, who have gone through all the Masonic grades right to the top, and have basically graduated to being most excellent elder Masons. That's why they goof around a lot - it's a reward for a lifetime of dedication to Masonic ideals. (And showing up at lodge regularly.)

Shriners are also all pretty much great guys. Silent film genius Harold Lloyd was a Shriner, and helped build the Shrine Auditorium for fundraising in L.A. That in turn led to Hollywood being a center of charity events, a tradition very much still with us.....

tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 9:22 pm   Permalink

ahhhhh ok got it

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-05 10:06 pm   Permalink

And of course, Shriners rock.

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-06 11:09 am   Permalink

Cam, you are correct, sir. And it's all for the kids. We have burn units, speech centers, Shrine hospitals, and it's all free for children.

When you see those silly drunk old men in their crooked Fez, they are usually in the middle of a fund-raiser. That's what they do, CONSTANTLY. Keeping hospitals afloat is an expensive deal, man. That's why I get so irate when folks who are not even Masons go around wearing our Fez. It's earned. So, you found it at a thrift store......put it on your shelf. If you want to wear it, spend two years in the Masonic lodge and Scottish Rite, and EARN the right to wear it.

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

Visit the San Diego Tiki Carvers & Artisans at
http://myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

[ This Message was edited by: billy the crud 2008-05-06 13:14 ]

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-06 12:13 pm   Permalink

"speach centers"

Actually, Billy means 'speech' centers, but otherwise he's AOK.

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-06 1:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-06 12:13, Cammo wrote:
"speach centers"

Actually, Billy means 'speech' centers, but otherwise he's AOK.

That was a rookie mistake from typing too fast.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation