FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music The Quiet Village podcast
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
The Quiet Village podcast
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-26 10:35 pm   Permalink

Disney history! Best Show ever!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-18 11:23 pm   Permalink

Wow, that was a fun episode. I got a lot of laughs out of the good time that was obviously being had at the Rumpus Room... same kind of fun vibe as listening to your recording of people shouting "Toro!" at the Tiki-Ti on a podcast way back when. Lots of interesting track choices. Kudos for another swell episode, Digitiki!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kustomtiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-26 5:04 pm   Permalink

Great podcast from the rumpus room,cool stuff Mark!

View Profile of kustomtiki Send a personal message to kustomtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-01 10:44 pm   Permalink

Great show all about "Down-loads" of exotica music from the net.
I down loaded "Blue Hawaii" by Bing Crosby - what an amazing voice! Balmy, hypnotic and very island style. Great tunes to paint tiki art by!
Thanks for the info and the down-low on the down-loads!

Mahalo!
B~

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-03 11:42 am   Permalink

Brad,
Thanks for the kind words. Since I did the show, I've found that some of the very old 49th State REcords releases have started to show up in the iTunes library too! I just missed getting them on the show.

Thanks again for listening!!

Mahalo,
MARK

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 09:04 am   Permalink

New episode up NOW!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 09:26 am   Permalink

Whew, I was getting impatient.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-21 11:26 pm   Permalink

Eric frickin' October!
YEAH BABY!
Not only the coolest tiki artist, but gots the coolest name: Eric OCTOBER.
Coolest artist name since SHAG.
Really.
He's gonna be big just cause of his name.
Great show!

Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-07 4:24 pm   Permalink

Always look forward to a new episode, not only is the music number one with a bullet, but the interviews are very informative and entertaining. Discovered Kava Kon on this episode and was drawn into their other wordly effect on me. I always admire Digitiki's proper annunciation of the English language, and the fact that he proves he is actually drinking a mai tai by shaking his glass of ice. Solid to da max!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 5:14 pm   Permalink

One of my favorite interviews is now up on the newest episode (#23). Jeff Chenault, contributor to Tiki Magazine and expert on Exotica does an amazing job of dangling ultra rare LPs that most of us will never find (including me) in our faces. Jeff brings a bundle of great rare LP tunes and he and I geek out on the details of each of the LPs. I hope you enjoy

Mahalo!

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

blue.octopus
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-10-22 06:05 am   Permalink

Great show - really enjoyed this one. - Didn't know about those Re:Search mags/Cds before. Also that weird mix of Moon of Manakoora was great.

View Profile of blue.octopus Send a personal message to blue.octopus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
senioraqua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-23 05:31 am   Permalink

Nice addition with Arnie Aka Nui, funny stuff. Should of had him play Huki. Lead me to dig up my live album signed by Arnie and Adele, what a Palm Harbor, FL artifact. For the record, looks like the two were not married. Also found an article from St. Pete Times.
http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/article435455.ece?comments=legacy

View Profile of senioraqua Send a personal message to senioraqua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-23 08:14 am   Permalink

That episode went by SOOO fast!!! Great one!

Can't wait for Part 2

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-23 09:34 am   Permalink

senioraqua,
WOW! Great find. I have that record too. I was amazed to find that Arnie actually had 2 records out! THatnks a million for the link to that article. It really shed light on who Arnie Aka-Nui really was. Personally his first album has THE best cover ever!!! It sums up American pop culture tiki with that one photo!!!

Interesting story: Jeff Chenault was telling me, during the interview, that he wound up meeting Arnie Jr. at the Hukilau event in Florida this last year 2009!!! Strictly by chance! What are the odds of that. It would be really cool if I could find him and interview him for the podcast about Arnie!!

Mark

Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-03 09:54 am   Permalink

OK, part 2 of the interview with Jeff Chenault has just been posted! You guys are gonna dig this one! Jeff debuts a long lost recording from 1965 of the Kahiki Beachcomber Trio, recorded at the Kahiki--you can even hear the water fountain in the background. Enjoy.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation