FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music The Quiet Village podcast
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
The Quiet Village podcast
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-03 10:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-03 09:54, Digitiki wrote:
OK, part 2 of the interview with Jeff Chenault has just been posted! You guys are gonna dig this one! Jeff debuts a long lost recording from 1965 of the Kahiki Beachcomber Trio, recorded at the Kahiki--you can even hear the water fountain in the background. Enjoy.

Thanks Mark,

Here is a picture of the Kahiki Trio back in the day.....

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

[ This Message was edited by: Jeff Central 2009-11-03 10:56 ]

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
avril64

Posted: 2009-11-04 5:40 pm   Permalink

So will you or Jeff be posting info on how to order the Kahiki LP?? That would be a great one to have, I think.
I am REALLY enjoying these eps - you two must have had a blast putting them together. Thanks for sharing all of this great music with us, Mark!
Dave F

View Profile of avril64 Send a personal message to avril64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-04 8:16 pm   Permalink

Digitiki,
can I ask you a favor?

when you have a new show up, can you post a direct link to it(new show)please.

I have a real hard time navigating the site to find the player.

thanks
Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-05 06:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-04 17:40, avril64 wrote:
So will you or Jeff be posting info on how to order the Kahiki LP?? That would be a great one to have, I think.
I am REALLY enjoying these eps - you two must have had a blast putting them together. Thanks for sharing all of this great music with us, Mark!
Dave F

Hi Dave,

Rest assured, when the record is ready all the info will be posted. It will be strictly limited to 300 copies!!

Thanks for the interest.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-05 1:31 pm   Permalink

Outstanding Part 2!!!!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-05 2:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks Granite!! Glad you enjoyed the show

Jeff,
Do you have an ipod or iTunes on your computer? That is the best way to get the newest episodes, that way they automatically download when it becomes available. You don't have to do anything.

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-05 2:29 pm   Permalink

Jeff (BTD)
Also, I think if you just enter the URL for the entire feed (http://www.digitiki.com/podcast/The_Quiet_Village.xml ) it should take you to page in your browser that lists all the episodes. I'm using Safari web browser and it displays a page with all the episodes listed (the newest one at the top). From there you can just click on the file to launch it in your browser. I hope that helps.

MARK

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-05 4:48 pm   Permalink

Mark,
no I don't have an i pod, or use I tunes.

when whorehay does a podcast on RFB he lists the link to his myspace and his web site, where the player can be accessed.

but if you want to go strait to a show, its nice to have the direct link
like this.
http://radiofreebakersfield.com/shows/rfb93.mp3

you don't have to do it,
but if you posted a link like the one I did above.
you would prob get more listeners that don't have a Ipod or Itunes.

my 2 cents.
Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-10 9:03 pm   Permalink

this was what I was looking for:
part 1
http://www.digitiki.com/podcast/QuietVillage23.m4a
and pt 2
http://www.digitiki.com/podcast/QuietVillage24.m4a

it only took me 15 min, fooling around to find it.
yikes.

Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2009-11-10 21:06 ]

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-11 7:47 pm   Permalink

Great shows, guys,
very informative, and fun.
and also thanks for all the rarities.

Jeff(btd)

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-11 8:29 pm   Permalink

mmmmmmmm Mambo Burger.

Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-13 12:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much for the great podcasts! I always find myself firing up iTunes to see what I can purchase after one of your shows. Jack Burger and the Out-Islanders are new discoveries for me, so thanks a bunch! Your show is always something to look forward to.

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
avril64

Posted: 2009-12-16 4:11 pm   Permalink

Once again, Mark/Marty, er, Digitiki, really enjoyed the new ep (26!). This one will be a keeper right along w/ eps 11 & 11.5 from last year's holiday season.

Thanks for hilighting Andy's material on your show. I think it's time to do some shopping... (http://tikijoesocean.com/)

Merry Christmas/Season's Greetings, Everyone!

View Profile of avril64 Send a personal message to avril64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-17 3:13 pm   Permalink

I really enjoyed doing the interview with Andy. New new album is so much fun to listen to. It really sets the Tiki Christmas mood off just right!!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-17 9:24 pm   Permalink

http://www.digitiki.com/podcast/QuietVillage26.m4a

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation