FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » The Quiet Village podcast
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
The Quiet Village podcast
TikiTomD
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-18 5:41 pm   Permalink

Mark,

Superb episode! Here's to your quick recovery!

Theraflu... ugh. Recommend that you just fortify your usual Mai Tai with fresh orange juice -- the extra Vitamin C will expedite your recovery and ensure, along with the lime juice, that you never deal with scurvy on top of a cold!

---------------------

"This is Tiki Tom to ground control, I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today" -- redact of David Bowie's Space Oddity

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 9:36 pm   Permalink

http://www.digitiki.com/podcast/QuietVillage27.m4a

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bambú Yoo-hoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 11:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-17 13:14, Jeff Central wrote:
Great new episode Mark!...

Wah-whoo! This is great news! I'm off to visit iTunes now!

Mahalo!

View Profile of Bambú Yoo-hoo Send a personal message to Bambú Yoo-hoo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-21 11:30 pm   Permalink

YAAAAAAYYY!!!

New Quiet Village!

The world is whole and right again!

Glad yer feelin' better, DigiTiki!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-25 10:03 am   Permalink

I just posted episode 28 of the Village. This one has an interview with Mark & Maggie of Velvet Glass. They talk about the Relight The Night event in Tucson, Tucson's tiki past, the history of the Kon Tiki and their art with Velvet Glass! This one is a fun one---some very inside information about a lost tiki from the Kon Tiki too!! Enjoy!

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-25 8:05 pm   Permalink

Dude your podcast is THE gold standard…period. The attention to detail in song selection, interview and aesthetic layout is just spot on.
I’ll be taking The Quiet Village to Hawaii in May and it will certainly be the icing on the cake.
Appreciate all your effort!

View Profile of OnlyATikiLad Send a personal message to OnlyATikiLad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-26 6:56 pm   Permalink

great show,
amazing song selection,
loved the Billy Mure and Ben Vaughn songs.

and the Interview with Mark and Maggie,
was so much fun, and informative.

Thanks to digitiki and Mark and Maggie.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-30 08:35 am   Permalink

Hey Digitiki,

Great job with the podcasts! I am finally catching up to them. Really enjoyed jeff chenault's wacky stuff, and the squid interview was fun too. I am from Phoenix (now in Boston) and never realized the rich heritage Tuscon had with tiki although I know the Kon Tiki for sure and have been there. So, great hearing Velvet Glass talk about the inside scoop. Wish I could attend that event down there - looks fab! I have a gig that weekend nonetheless.

Anyhow, keep up the great tunes!

Mr. Ho
http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-30 10:16 am   Permalink

THanks OnlyATikiLad, Big Tiki & Mr. Ho for the kind words!!! The one thing I forgot to mention about Tucson and Tiki is that big Moai that was just relocated. Mr. Ho, I'm glad you liked the Squid show too. That one was really fun. We were getting tanked as the evening wore on and sometimes you can hear it in our voices. Thank you guys again for the encouragement! Mahalo

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 07:35 am   Permalink

Great show can't wait to see the torches lit!!!!

On a side note I was out thrifting for vinyl on Sunday and picked up Billy Mure's "Supersonic Guitars in HiFi" and "Tough Strings" but passed on "Firecracker" the LP had some deep gouges.
I had never heard of him, and was kinda surprised when I heard you mention his song when I was listening to the show Sunday night.

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 10:07 am   Permalink

Beach Bum,
Yeah Billy Mure is pretty cool! He's 90 now and performed a few years back at Hukilau in Florida. He still plays regularly at senior centers in FLorida. His albums are fun. Pink Hawaii is a great one too.

Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 1:43 pm   Permalink

Fantastic new pocasts, pally~! That Billy Mure sure threw it down back in the day. How cool of him to keep on keepin' on like this.

Break a leg at the show next week! Bound to be a scorcher, there, Sir Lush.

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-23 08:55 am   Permalink

New episode (#29) now up. This one is an all Gene Rains feature. This episode is packed with Gene Rains stuff--none of which is available on CD!! Enjoy!

Danno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-23 11:55 am   Permalink

I've been waiting for this episode . . . love Gene Rains!!

-------------------
Swaying and Playing since 64’

[ This Message was edited by: Danno 2010-04-23 11:57 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Danno 2010-04-23 12:01 ]

View Profile of Danno Send a personal message to Danno      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-24 6:35 pm   Permalink

BEST EPISODE OF QUIET VILLAGE ... EVER!

All hail Gene Rains! His version of Lotus Land is one of the best tunes of all exotica. I have not heard good versions of some of these tunes since Vegas Vic spun them years ago. Thank you, thank you Digitiki!
U Da Bes!

Hey, they do have live music here at the Kona Air port on the Big Island... Hula dancers too sometimes. It's always awesome. However, I've never heard tune-age as fantastic as Gene Rains at the air port.

Thanks Again for digging out the Rains!

Tiki Shark

http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaA

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation