FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music The Quiet Village podcast
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
The Quiet Village podcast
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-09 4:33 pm   Permalink

Yes! in fact, I'm planning on bringing my field recorder to Hukilau this year and doing several interviews and soundscapes across a couple of episodes at least. I'm planning on an all-Hukilau 2008 episode.

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-10 12:55 pm   Permalink

An Tikioasis?

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mount Tiki

Posted: 2008-05-14 5:08 pm   Permalink

Digitiki
I can't thank you enough for the incredibly cool podcast! I've listened to the first 3 episodes over and over, and I can't wait for future episodes. Please, please, please keep it up. I know it must be an incredible amount of work, but thought I'd let you know how much it's appreciated. Sound quality is excellent, and the atmosphere and mood you've created is fantastic. Great work my friend!

View Profile of Mount Tiki Send a personal message to Mount Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-21 10:30 am   Permalink

I just wanted to chime in here and let everyone know that episode 4 is completed, but I'm in the middle of moving, so my internet is cut off until the first. I try to post 2 episodes a month, but #4 looks like its going to be pushed back until the first week of June. I've had some emails from people worried that I had stopped. Rest assured, I have some great episodes coming up. Number 4 is a fun one--spotlight on Japanese CD reissues of vintage Hawaiian LPs. There are some real rare treasures in it. So hang in there.

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mount Tiki

Posted: 2008-05-21 6:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-21 10:30, Digitiki wrote:
I just wanted to chime in here and let everyone know that episode 4 is completed, but I'm in the middle of moving, so my internet is cut off until the first. I try to post 2 episodes a month, but #4 looks like its going to be pushed back until the first week of June. I've had some emails from people worried that I had stopped. Rest assured, I have some great episodes coming up. Number 4 is a fun one--spotlight on Japanese CD reissues of vintage Hawaiian LPs. There are some real rare treasures in it. So hang in there.

Thanks for the update! I'm really looking forward to it.

View Profile of Mount Tiki Send a personal message to Mount Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-28 11:43 am   Permalink

Podcast #4 is posted...it automatically downloaded yesterday (Tuesday the 27th) when I opened my iTunes. Haven't listened to it yet, though...can't wait!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mount Tiki

Posted: 2008-05-28 2:50 pm   Permalink

I've tried to download it through iTunes for the last couple of days. It keeps saying that the file may be corrupted. The other episodes have been fine....any ideas??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ This Message was edited by: Mount Tiki 2008-05-28 14:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Mount Tiki 2008-05-28 14:51 ]

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 4:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-28 14:50, Mount Tiki wrote:
I've tried to download it through iTunes for the last couple of days. It keeps saying that the file may be corrupted. The other episodes have been fine....any ideas??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having similar issues

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 4:25 pm   Permalink

Yeah i don't think anything but the title of the podcast is actually posted yet.

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vonratnick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-28 4:37 pm   Permalink

I love these podcasts, but I'm having problems with 4 too.

Podcast alley shows the file size as 47.5Mb, but when I download I get about 20Mb of file, and an error message when I try to play.

View Profile of Vonratnick Send a personal message to Vonratnick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-28 5:13 pm   Permalink

As I said in my previous post, I hadn't listened to #4 yet...and encountering the same issues as everyone else. It's about a 20 mb file, and after it's done downloading, it's nowhere to be found. So until Digitiki says it's ready, I'd recommend stopping the automatic iTunes download.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
koopkooper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 06:39 am   Permalink

Yep same probs here, been keen to hear the next show but no luck with itunes.

View Profile of koopkooper Send a personal message to koopkooper  Email koopkooper Goto the website of koopkooper     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 08:25 am   Permalink

Sorry about that folks. I've been in the middle of moving to a new hut. So my internet has been cut off. I can only check my email and occasionally Tiki Central at work. I tried to get #4 episode up and running on a friend's computer and screwed it up somehow. I should be all moved in in the next 5 days and my first order of business is to re-upload the episode and get that working. Sorry about all the error messages.

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

[ This Message was edited by: Digitiki 2008-05-29 08:25 ]

slapbass
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 10:39 am   Permalink

Hmmm....Maybe time to to bring in those Honkey Tonk Badboys The Jamesons for some good ol honkey tonk outlaw songs..Is it tiki..No..Would it be fun..Hell yeah..
We'll bring the rum..Hope all is well Mr Digitiki!!!

View Profile of slapbass Send a personal message to slapbass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 10:04 am   Permalink

Just got word, The cable company is coming out to install high speed internet in my new hut on June 6th. So, expect to have episode 4 fully functional and downloadable by that evening. I'm already working on #5 and #6 will be a Hukilau 08 specail!!

Man, having no internet is light having your right arm cut off!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Digitiki 2008-06-04 10:04 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation