FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music The Quiet Village podcast
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
The Quiet Village podcast
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-21 2:46 pm   Permalink

Loved this. Hearing the Hukilau audio and seeing all the photos really gave me that feeling of being there again.

Awesome !

Man, I miss the Mai Kai.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 08:23 am   Permalink

Thanks Tikiyaki! Yeah, I loaded this episode down with tons of photos.

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 2:41 pm   Permalink

Ditto. I wish I could be at the Mai Kai every day! I'd be broke, but I'd be happy!

Digitiki, this really was an excellent episode. Hearing it start out with "We're goin' to Hukilau" over the broadcast voice of the flight attendant was so exciting - it really captures the feeling I have on the plane when I'm headed to Ft. Lauderdale! The episode has great tunes, great photos, great history, and is a wonderful representation of what the Hukilau is. It makes me all the more glad that we haven't lost this incredible treasure of an event and our Mecca, the Mai Kai!

If any of you haven't subscribed to this podcast yet, do it NOW. You will love it.

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-24 7:42 pm   Permalink

Suzanne, Thanks so much for the kind words! I;m glad you like it! This one was really fun to put together with all the pictures and stuff.

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
QuietVillage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-17 8:45 pm   Permalink

Hey DigiTiki,

You got yerself a fan all the way from Singapore too! Love the episodes, love the pictures- obviously a lot of effort was put into, especially LOVE the intro splices and dices! (the stewardess one -ahem, flight attendant, was downright tiki-power)

Once again, MASSIVE MAHALO from our this part of the world...

You didn't happen to cover the Tiki Oasis event as well, did ya?

View Profile of QuietVillage Send a personal message to QuietVillage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 8:02 pm   Permalink

I find myself listening to all of these episodes over and over again!

The Hukilau episode is REALLY appreciated!

Can't wait for more.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
QuietVillage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-21 02:30 am   Permalink

Wooohooooo~! Episode SIX is out!

View Profile of QuietVillage Send a personal message to QuietVillage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sasquatch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-21 06:01 am   Permalink

... Thanks Tikiyaki!

I'm not a regular on the music board but I'm so glad I popped in and found this thread and your great podcasts.... love the mix of music and visuals... great stuff!

View Profile of sasquatch Send a personal message to sasquatch  Email sasquatch Goto the website of sasquatch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 2:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks Quiet Village (love the name) & Sasquatch (love that name too!!) I'm glad you like the podcast. I actually was considering doing a full on Oasis podcast too, but the Hukilau episode took so darn long to put together and I was actually helping out with the vending coordinating at this year's Oasis, so I didn't get to record as much as I really would have liked. So I'm not sure if I'll be able to do an Oasis episode. However, I do have some really cool stuff coming up including an interview with Robb Hamel (the awesome velvet painter) and some other cool interviewees lined up in the near future!

Mark

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

QuietVillage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-24 05:08 am   Permalink

Niceeee.... we'll do with whatever remnants we can get our grubby hands on from your coverage of TO8.... Im still swirling from the Hukilau episode.... Thank the Tiki Gods for podcast and DigiTiki(also love your nick!)!

suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-26 07:44 am   Permalink

Some of the artwork of the album covers in this episode is spectacular. How gorgeous! Great episode, too. Always looking forward to the next one!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-04 10:54 am   Permalink

Ok, so I have to ask this question: How the heck do I get my podcast on iTunes?
I've tried submitting it 3 times and it has been regected...of course they don't ever say why. But now I can't submit the URL anymore. Does anyone have any advise?

Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-06 08:35 am   Permalink

Episode 7 up and running as of last night. This is an episode I call "Futurexotica" as it focuses on modern exotica and tunes that could be considered as modern exotica or could fit in a set list back to back with traditional exotica. Its a slight departure from the vintage tunes I usually program, but I hope everyone will enjoy it.

Barteld
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-14 06:44 am   Permalink

Absolutely loving the new podcast! Thanks for introducing me to Waterbone, what great music!
Cheers

View Profile of Barteld Send a personal message to Barteld      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
QuietVillage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-29 02:57 am   Permalink

Thanks DigiTiki for part 2 of episode 8!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation