FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music The Quiet Village podcast
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
The Quiet Village podcast
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 8:10 pm   Permalink

I need more Quiet Village Please!!!

This is my favorite podcast!!!!
Thanks and keep up the great job...

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 07:00 am   Permalink

Nice job with Episode 10. Fun artwork and great tunes!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 1:24 pm   Permalink

Digitiki

Another very enjoyable podcast filled with outstanding music-thank you. Hopefully interest in Les Baxter's music, helped kept alive by Keith Pawlak, The Quiet Village and others might result in a release of more Les Baxter music on cd similar to what we saw with Arthur Lyman.
I have the audacity of hope...

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kālai Waʻa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-10 4:10 pm   Permalink

Aloha Digitiki --

Thanks for a great Xmas show (Episode 11).

I have an 'outrigger pic of the day' feature on my blog, and I'd like to show your cover pic and give the podcast a plug.

EDIT: OK, I found the album cover online.

Aloha,

Kalai Wa'a

[ This Message was edited by: Kālai Waʻa 2008-12-10 16:14 ]

View Profile of Kālai Waʻa Send a personal message to Kālai Waʻa  Goto the website of Kālai Waʻa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sasquatch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-11 04:45 am   Permalink

...Outstanding episode 10... checked out the Arizona Uni site on your recommendation while listening. Perfect!

I'm off to check episode 11!

View Profile of sasquatch Send a personal message to sasquatch  Email sasquatch Goto the website of sasquatch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-11 8:50 pm   Permalink

Great X-mas show Digi-tiki
and thanks so much for the surf tunes.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-19 10:03 am   Permalink

Thanks guys!! Have a wonderful Holiday season! I'm actually working on future episodes. The next one will be one that I've been wanting to do for quite some time: a feature on Hawaii Calls. Should be out Jan 2!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-20 09:42 am   Permalink

Special Christmas Bonus podcast of 2 full hours of cheesy Christmas lounging just posted!! I wanted to make a podcast that you could just play while you were enjoying the season; you know, baking coockies, decorating the tree, getting hammered!!! Enjoy and have a wonderful Holiday Season!!!!

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-23 2:42 pm   Permalink

Awesome, thanks DT. Now I should have plenty of Xmas Xotica to keep me from going insane while the fam is over for the holidays!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
senioraqua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-24 09:07 am   Permalink

Mahalo for the Christmas bonus, nice addition to the season. Keep up the great work. Did I hear Babs rounding out the show?

View Profile of senioraqua Send a personal message to senioraqua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-05 1:43 pm   Permalink

Episode 12 just posted. This one is spotlight on "Hawaii Calls." I was surprised to learn that H.C. has been pretty much under the Tiki radar all this time. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this episode. It is one of my personal favs.

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-07 1:55 pm   Permalink

What a killer episode. Wow. I really love Hawaii Calls, and LOVE to hear tunes I don't have! What a treat! Great postcards and photos too!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-08 06:42 am   Permalink

Digitiki,

I'm really digging the Hawaii Calls show. Excellent work, thanks!

I,Z

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mick9
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-08 09:53 am   Permalink

Hey Mark I really liked the Christmas bonus and was especially fond of Sammy Davis Jr. and the Conniff singers.Again...thanks. I look forward to all you podcasts.
Michael Wood
Abbotsford BC

View Profile of mick9 Send a personal message to mick9  Email mick9     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-13 3:49 pm   Permalink

Mick,
Thanks. I wasn't planning on doing it, but I was home listening to all the cheesey christmas tunes and I thought "what the heck" so I put it together at the last minute.

I,Zombie & Suzanne,
Thanks for the kind words on the HAwaii Calls. You know that was one of the topics I've wanted to do since I first started this podcast. I'm a really big fan of Hawaii Calls and I hope to get more tikiphiles into it. Its amazing becase it was such a big phenom. back when and today, nobody knows it.

MARK

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation