FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events SF Pre-Tiki Crawl Event: Trader Vic's March 7
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
SF Pre-Tiki Crawl Event: Trader Vic's March 7
TikiCutie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-02 10:07 pm   Permalink

Oh, I'm flying into Oakland, arrive at 5:55pm, a fellow Tiki Centralite is picking me up, gotta rush over and check into my hotel and then rush over to Trader Vic's.

I don't think I'll be able to do all that by 7pm, but then again, I don't know what proximities the three destinations are from each other.

Anybody have any idea? Oakland to Grant Plaza Hotel (apparently in Chinatown) then to Emeryville?

Tikicutie Laura

View Profile of TikiCutie Send a personal message to TikiCutie  Email TikiCutie Goto the website of TikiCutie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-03-03 4:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-02 22:07, TikiCutie wrote:
Oh, I'm flying into Oakland, arrive at 5:55pm, a fellow Tiki Centralite is picking me up, gotta rush over and check into my hotel and then rush over to Trader Vic's.

I don't think I'll be able to do all that by 7pm, but then again, I don't know what proximities the three destinations are from each other.

Anybody have any idea? Oakland to Grant Plaza Hotel (apparently in Chinatown) then to Emeryville?

Tikicutie Laura

It's about 5 miles from downtown Oakland to Emeryville marina where Vic's is. By the time you get from the airport to the hotel to Vic's, with Friday night traffic, it will be after 7, but don't worry: we'll be there.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-03-03 4:35 pm   Permalink

OK everyone:

Since there's still plenty of people interested in Vic's, but not as many interested in a big expensive dinner, I've cancelled the private room.

In it's place, I increased the reservation in the bar area (Or "The Deck" as they call it) to 20. You can get drinks, appetizers, and dinner from the full menu there if you are so inclined. And it's the best part of the restaurant anyway.

So: See everyone at 7:00 on Friday. Reservations are under my name (Martin Cate). And if you can, try to bring lots of cash in small bills so settling up at the end won't be problem. That way people who only want drinks won't get screwed and we won't have to make the waitstaff do 20 checks. We'll irritate them enough as it is.

And yes, since you asked: It IS hard trying to be tiki and anal at the same time, but I'm getting better everyday.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2003-03-03 7:05 pm   Permalink

Friday night is shaping up to be good! Thanks to Martin for helping with all of this! We'll see everyone Friday night in THE DECK.

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-03 8:08 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

Count two more in for The Deck! Looking forward to seeing all of you, and having some fantastic Mai Tais!

We're having real Island weather right now-looks like a freaking monsoon outside right now here in the 'deep east bay'!

Tacky Tiki

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 11:46 am   Permalink

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no TV's for me this year. Oh well, everyone be sure to remind Mig to pick my tiki butt up at the airport! hhahahahahahahaha

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 11:49 am   Permalink

and steal me some menehune stirrers! heeheehee

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 6:15 pm   Permalink

PARTY...Party... PARTY!! 3-7-03
This is a reminder to everyone. Please email me ASAP for info and directions to the Tiki Crawl Pre-Party this Friday after Trader Vic's at Mr Smiley's World Famous Ugh House Tiki bar. Email me at <tradersmiley@yahoo.com>. See you Friday!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiCutie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-05 10:14 pm   Permalink

Can someone please give me directions to Trad'r Sam's for Saturday....from Chinatown?

Tikicutie Laura

View Profile of TikiCutie Send a personal message to TikiCutie  Email TikiCutie Goto the website of TikiCutie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 12:23 am   Permalink

TikiCutie,
Ya absolutely positive you wanna drive?

If you're in Chinatown area, it's a quick left from Sutter on to Stockton at (big garage on your right, Hyatt across Stockton in front of you), down two blocks (past Post), Union Square on your right. Right turn at Geary.

West! on Geary until you get in the general area of Trad'r Sam's (Geary/26th ave). It will be on your...uh,let me see, right? Yeah, right.

Parking...not too bad.

midnite

ps Anyone going to Trader Vic's Friday night from the City? We're debating it...taxi share, anyone?

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 7:10 pm   Permalink

I am really excited having another Tiki Crawl party Friday night at the UGH tiki bar in Oakland. It is a private house so you'll have to email me at <tradersmiley@yahoo.com> to get directions and info. I will be handing out info also Friday night at 7pm at Trader Vic's.
I also will be selling some tiki/aloha shirts and dresses at my party.
Please Byob or something and I'll see you there!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 8:16 pm   Permalink

Yes--I don't know if the Fri. party has been mentioned in the main pre-crawl events thread, but for y'all who haven't yet seen the Ugh House Tiki Bar, it really is a must for connaisseurs of home bars...spectacular is putting it mildly.

Sounds like they'll be running fairly late, too, so...hope to see you there!

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-07 10:18 am   Permalink

Richard--PLEASE call me at work today 415-241-8150 until 5:30 pm about the party directions--it seems every email I have sent you has bounced back.
Everyone else:
Everyone else please email me at <tradersmiley@yahoo.com> for directions and info on tonight after Trader Vics in Emeryville.

I will also be handing out a map at trader Vics tonight. Please bring some Rum or something fun TO share at the party.

Tonights party at the UGH House will be an excellent chance to meet and talk to your fellow Tiki Central without the noise of a night club!

-bruce

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-03-07 11:15 am   Permalink

I'll see everyone at Vic's tonight! And then off to Mr. Smiley's! I don't want to knock any event that Otto is promoting (meaning the show at Starry Plough). But, just as a warning to out-of-towners, for my money the Starry Plough is lame - too brightly lit, always filled with frat-type college students or granola-heads, and crappy sound. The UGH house is where it's at tonight!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation