FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Restaurants - Vintage Drink Girls
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tiki Restaurants - Vintage Drink Girls
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-05 3:43 pm   Permalink

Bigbro,

Kohalacharms won the item which, as reported by Tiki Kate, is a print on canvas. So the only published copy of this picture is in Tiki Modern? I guess copyright infringement is a form of flattery?

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-05 5:47 pm   Permalink

A form of flattery endlessly repeated since the Book of Tiki.
I generally don't mind, it is part of spreading Tiki culture, but if the seller continues to sell these, I'd like to have a word with him/her, do you still have that link? The printing and the frame should have cost more than half of what he/she made, so maybe he'll see it's not worth it, like that gentleman that was printing T-shirts with BOT designs.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-05 7:22 pm   Permalink

Here's the link to the auction.

It is an enlarged copy on canvas, by the way. Not a painting. I asked the seller when the auction was still on. Either way, it is still nice. I thought about bidding on it, but figured if I want one, I can make it myself. It IS one of my favorite pics in the book.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-30 07:53 am   Permalink

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-30 11:07 am   Permalink

Bongofury,

Thanks for the post, where did the pictures come from? I am assuming the Mystery Girl is another Mai Kai piece?

Here are a couple more advertising photo shots I have of the serving gals at a more modern looking Mai Kai.

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-01 6:13 pm   Permalink

Well, you've given me another opening for more Mai-Kai serving gals! Is there such a thing as too much? They may be familiar, but who cares. They belong in this thread.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-21 10:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-01 18:13, GatorRob wrote:
Well, you've given me another opening for more Mai-Kai serving gals! Is there such a thing as too much? They may be familiar, but who cares. They belong in this thread.

GatorRob,

No such thing as too much. This one just in time for the Super Bowl. How about these Mai Kai gals setting the table for a quarterback to go deep for a quick score in the end zone! (who is that guy?)

DC

GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-22 10:10 am   Permalink

That's the late Bob Thornton, Mai-Kai owner/co-founder. Looks like the gal on the left is the same one holding the Mystery Bowl in my earlier post. And where DID you get this photo?? Never seen this one.

nibblegribitz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-06 09:43 am   Permalink

Yeh, that's mystery girl Linda Spengle, Cathy(sometimes mystery girl)and Pam with Bob.

[ This Message was edited by: nibblegribitz 2010-06-06 09:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: nibblegribitz 2010-06-09 09:31 ]

View Profile of nibblegribitz Send a personal message to nibblegribitz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nibblegribitz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-10 7:41 pm   Permalink

[quote]

[quote]
On 2010-06-10 Nibblegribitz wrote:
Mystery girl Linda Spengle.

Quote:

Sisters Kellie and Susan(who married Kern Mattei).

View Profile of nibblegribitz Send a personal message to nibblegribitz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nibblegribitz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-10 7:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-21 22:58, Dustycajun wrote:
Quote:

GatorRob,

No such thing as too much. This one just in time for the Super Bowl. How about these Mai Kai gals setting the table for a quarterback to go deep for a quick score in the end zone! (who is that guy?)

Yes that's Bob with mMystery girl Linda Spengle, sometimes mystery girl Cathy and Pam.

DC

nibblegribitz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-10 7:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

----------------------------------------------------------
Mystery girl Linda Spengle. - Nibblegribitz

Sisters Kelli and Susan(who married Kern Mattei Sr.). - Nibblegribitz

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-10 9:32 pm   Permalink

GROG always appreciate a picture of a pretty girl, especially the women of the Mai Kai, but can you please edit the posts each time you hit "quote", so we don't have to see the same photos posted over and over down the whole page of the thread.

-OR-

Sometimes when you hit submit, if TC is running slow it may not post right away. If you keep hitting "submit", then you get multiple posts of the same thing all in a row. So, when you post and hit submit, be patient if it doesn't work right away.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-06-11 18:00 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-10 10:33 pm   Permalink

I am with Grog!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-11 12:49 pm   Permalink

Guys, some new members, especially who are also older Tiki veterans, might not be too familiar with that fandangled computer posting thang. A good suggestion, but it could have been worded more supportively.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation