FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Restaurants - Vintage Drink Girls
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Tiki Restaurants - Vintage Drink Girls
Spaceboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-11 1:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-11 12:49, bigbrotiki wrote:
Guys, some new members, especially who are also older Tiki veterans, might not be too familiar with that fandangled computer posting thang. A good suggestion, but it could have been worded more supportively.

I was trying to post a photo yesterday. Isn't there a way to post photos that are stored elsewhere using a link?
Sorry about getting off topic, but I just thought I'd point out that this board works differently than others.

View Profile of Spaceboy Send a personal message to Spaceboy  Email Spaceboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 3:51 pm   Permalink

Here is a new postcard I got from the Luau Restaurant in Miami Beach. That's the owner Trader Syd being served up a frosty-chilly from a sarong clad siren.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-19 5:30 pm   Permalink

Siren is right! That's a great photo, DC, and I've never seen it before. That server is iconic of the right kind of fake-polynesian wahini of American tiki restaurants of the 60s, (in my book).

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-09-04 12:43 am   Permalink

Not really a drink girl, but I didn't know where else to put this picture. I found it in a book titled "The Professional Approach to Journalistic Photography" by Sellmeyer and Moore, copyright 1967.

The caption in the book says that the props were borrowed from a local department store, but doesn't say where.

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2011-09-04 00:43 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation