FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events International Flight Lounge at Forbidden Island - every last Thursday!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
International Flight Lounge at Forbidden Island - every last Thursday!
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 3:11 pm   Permalink

Wow, looks like a really fun night! Wish I could have been there. Also, just a note to let everyone know that Stewardess Stepanie's duds (dress and hat) were created by our very own Atomic Cocktail!

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-05-19 3:15 pm   Permalink

Oops! I forgot to mention that- thanks for reminding me, VG!

Coming up again on the 29th! Bigger and more powerful! Like a 747!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-19 3:29 pm   Permalink

Great job Atomic Cocktail!

New flyer for this month, and I have a new stylus on my turntable too!

[ This Message was edited by: thejab 2008-05-19 15:31 ]

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CP
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-28 10:19 am   Permalink

I am cleared to take off.

View Profile of CP Send a personal message to CP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-05-28 1:31 pm   Permalink

At this time, Forbidden Airlines would like to begin pre-boarding and welcome our First Class passengers, Kill-Devil Club Members, Cocktail Lovers, Stewardesses, Pilots, Tiki Freaks, Mug Weirdos, Rummies, Neighbors, Friends, Enemies, Locals, Strangers, and passengers with special needs ("Drunks") to:

INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT LOUNGE #2!!
Thursday, May 29th starting at 8:00PM

Your pilot DJ Jab is back with another specially selected set of sonic seduction that will get yer butt shaking to the best of 60s Lounge, ye-ye, French Pop, Euro Beat, Exotica, British Invasion, Italian Soundtracks, Latin American Garage, and more hi-flying tunes from around the world.

Featuring our famous Layover drink special!

Come dressed as a vintage pilot or stewardess and take half off your first Layover!

Plus peanuts!

See you tomorrow!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-05-29 7:03 pm   Permalink

Final boarding call!

thejab

Posted: 2008-05-30 4:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks for flying with us last night! Special thanks to Melanie and Elisa for dressing up!

Melanie gets her wings

Captain Jab and stewardess Jenna

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-05-31 08:55 am   Permalink

On behalf of your Alameda-based cabin crew, we'd like to thank you for flying Forbidden Air.

Ground & Cabin Crew

Dude, check out the tracers! Whoa...

Elisa's killer BOAC bag & our Thursday drink special!

There was some amusement about the name brand of my ear protection.

But not as much amusement as there was about our film of choice: 1974's "seminal" epic "The Naughty Stewardesses".

thejab

Posted: 2008-06-23 2:37 pm   Permalink

Your pilot is making some last minute checks so that we'll be all set for takeoff this Thursday. We'll be showing another Airport movie (1977?, 1979?), and "Blazing Stewardesses"! Yeehaw! Blazing Saddles with stewardesses! And music that will get you dancing in the aisles!

[ This Message was edited by: thejab 2008-09-23 17:01 ]

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-06-23 5:06 pm   Permalink

hubba hubba!

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 5:42 pm   Permalink

Have a "Mile High" night tonite, kids!!!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 8:35 pm   Permalink

Okay, so these are two weeks late, but here are my pics from the most recent International Flight Lounge:

While our ground crew was busy getting their groove on ...

we drank Layovers ...

yes, they really are THAT green!

As we boarded our flight, we were greeted by Stephanie, our lovely space waitress ... er ... stewardess ... or flight attendant ... hell, whatever the politically correct term is these days

Finally, as we approached 8:00pm, our pilot informed us that we were clear for take-off. Seems he was already high as a kite!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2008-07-10 3:33 pm   Permalink

I just feel high playing records for you lot! I never drink and fly.

CP
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-29 07:40 am   Permalink

I'm ready to fly!

View Profile of CP Send a personal message to CP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2008-09-23 5:06 pm   Permalink

Start packing, because International Flight Lounge is back this Thursday night at 8:00!

Last month we had a bunch of actual pilots and stewardesses show up. Here's a picture of a few of them:

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation