FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mahalo for Coming to TikiBocce(tm) III - *Buy an Event Poster 4 Charity!*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Mahalo for Coming to TikiBocce(tm) III - *Buy an Event Poster 4 Charity!*
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 9:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-22 19:33, Haole'akamai wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-05-22 17:22, LOL Tiki wrote:
Can the posters be ordered and shipped?

You bet! Let me find out how much a shipping tube will be and then it'll be just postage.

Kewl - Thanks!

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-23 07:23 am   Permalink

#1 and #2 of the numbered, signed prints have been spoken for! Mahalo!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-25 07:39 am   Permalink

Tiki Bocce was great. Great food. Great music. Great drinks. Great company. Great location. Only thing that wasn't great was the drive to and fro. I wish we were closer.

Thanks for having us. Looking forward to 2009, winning more games, and less fanny kissing.

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-25 1:01 pm   Permalink

and the pix/winners are?

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 09:34 am   Permalink

Wow, That was so much fun. Mahalo everyone for bringing such great food and spirit! I'll see if I can get TofuJoe to write up a synopsis. Eventhough Dr. TikiMojo didn't make it, I did see lots of cameras. Please post at will!

Mahalo, again.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 1:50 pm   Permalink

A super sensational wonderful time, as always. Big mahalo to the folks of Lund Manor for a great day of hot bocce action (and whatnot). Looking forward to next year!

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 8:15 pm   Permalink

Thanks to one and all who came out and made Tiki Bocce III a crazy success.

People came from LA, Sacramento and even San Antonio Texas!

Lund Manor was ready for them. Hinky Drinks was well appointed with a load of booze, some new decorations, a whole new bartender work area and, ye gods, running water!

You can just see the witco board which we turned into a handy mug shelf, our favorite Chongolio painting and some zany lamps Haole'Akamai found while thrifting in Oakland.

We had gallons of punch mixed up and ran a few drink specials.

As things seem to go out at the Drink, an on the fly drink special spontaneously materialized. While stocking up at the Bev'Mo for the party, a bottle of
Rhum Clement Creole Shrubb found its way home. Its an orange liquor made with curacao oranges and Martinique rum. Sound like anything familiar? We paired it up with Coruba Rum, lime juice, orgeat and simple syrup and served up a bunch of Shrubb MaiTai's. Didn't take long to run out of Shrubb, but it was good. Thanks to Kevin and Maria for holding down the bar duties!

The MaiKai Gents were excellent as always. Sometimes I think we throw this party just to be able to hear them play more. Mahalo to Judd and the gang.

Good Grief there was good food. TikiWineBear's coconut encrusted portabello mushrooms were amazing. Brenda's Tiki Hut and the Chief bartender brought home made sourdough, yummm. Jen Tiki's ginger dressed Hicama and Mango salad was superb. Apparently Humu brought a salad. I think it lasted about 12 seconds. All I saw was the empty dish. Thanks to everyone who went the extra mile to make such amazing tasty treats

But this party is really all about the Bocce. Tiki Bocce in fact. This year we managed to get the new Bocce Ball set ready in time for play!

At some point when the backyard was full of friends, music, great Bocce you realize that all of the work that goes into this thing is so worth it. Thanks to everyone for indulging my crazy need to merge Tiki and Bocce.

The tournament this year was fantastic. It may be remembered as the year we went from a tiki party where people play bocce, to a bocce tournament where people drink tiki drinks.

Congratulations to Alameda's own team Bali High who played well all day emerging with Top Bocce Honors!

For you sports nerds, you can check out the Tournament Recap and the Box Score

There are so many people to thank I wouldn't know where to start. To all of those who cleaned the house and kitchen as the party rolled on. You are my heroes.

Thanks to Haole'Akamai for the birthday cake!

And thanks to MaiTai, a dress code will be strictly enforced in the future.

And we'd sure appreciate it if you could post any pics you might have snapped.

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 9:20 pm   Permalink

Hey Tofu Joe, there was some "fanny kissing" involved in that 7th game (the one that says "lost scorecard"), so I think it's safe to say the score was 7-0!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-26 9:28 pm   Permalink

WHAT ?

How did I miss this thread entirely? I'm 100% Sicilian from NY...My last name is frikken Bacchi fer chrissakes...we played this at family picnics all the time !

Wow, that sounds like fun. What a great idea !

Man, I have to pay attention more.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 11:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-26 21:20, JenTiki wrote:
Hey Tofu Joe, there was some "fanny kissing" involved in that 7th game (the one that says "lost scorecard"), so I think it's safe to say the score was 7-0!

Ah yes, I remember that now. Boxscore updated.

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-27 12:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-26 21:28, tikiyaki wrote:
WHAT ?

How did I miss this thread entirely? I'm 100% Sicilian from NY...My last name is frikken Bacchi fer chrissakes...we played this at family picnics all the time !

Wow, that sounds like fun. What a great idea !

Man, I have to pay attention more.

Well, make sure you're on the list for next year. Us being Latvian and German-Scotch, we need more "family" on the court, if you know what I mean...

Mr. Aloha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-27 1:45 pm   Permalink

A very big MAHALO to Haole'akamai and to Tofu Joe!!!! My wife and I had a great time. Thank you for being great hostess and host. The drinks were exceptional as always, mahalo to everyone for bringing such wonderful food, and the bocce tournament was thrilling. I can't wait for the Tikibocce IV. Dennis and I hope to restore the Cannibals to glory and win a huge trophy. Mahalo!!!

PS: Thanks again for the little trophy and I promise to behave at Tikibocce IV. ;>)

View Profile of Mr. Aloha Send a personal message to Mr. Aloha  Email Mr. Aloha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-27 9:22 pm   Permalink

youse kids iz krazy!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-28 6:31 pm   Permalink

So bummed we missed this. Sometimes life just happens though. I will save up all my bocce mana for the next one(if I am invited)!

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 09:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-28 18:31, TIKI KAIMUKI wrote:
So bummed we missed this. Sometimes life just happens though. I will save up all my bocce mana for the next one(if I am invited)!

No need to save all the way to next year; we'll have other Bocce adventures in Polynesian paradise that is the Lund Manor Back 46 before then.

By the way, where are the pictures? I know people were taking them? JenTiki, you out dehr?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation