FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » New work posted! Inexplicable business card holders! Tiki Bob keychains! More Islander! Pg. 15!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
New work posted! Inexplicable business card holders! Tiki Bob keychains! More Islander! Pg. 15!
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-11 09:41 am   Permalink

In fact, here it is...

For Trader Tom's birthday at the Rumpus Room I made a black paper card of a tiki holding flaming scorpion bowl... sort of like a Poly Pop birthday candle... all the Rumpus Roommates signed it and we presented it to Tom... someone suggested that I make more, so I did!

Each 5x7 card is an original black paper/colored pencil drawing. The cards all bear the same image of the birthday tiki, but are completely individual, as they are all drawn by hand. The drawing is mounted to an acid free card and comes with a matching envelope. I'll be posting a thread in the marketplace if anyone is interested in purchasing... they're 12.00, including shipping.

Mahalo fer lookin'!
Yer pal,
Eric October

http://ericoctober.com

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2009-07-11 19:03 ]

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-11 10:06 am   Permalink

Eric, this birthday card is too cool! That's impressive that you make each one.
They should be mass produced and available in stores. Keep up the great work!

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-11 5:33 pm   Permalink

"I went crazy and made a bunch"

That's an understatement! Way too much cool stuff to pick out a favorite but I like all the black background drawings and the war clubs. Very resourceful party decor.

PS - We missed you at the Lagoon Chop

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-11 5:39 pm   Permalink

You know Eric you should repost the massive art posting under the Marketplace forum with prices on everything that is available for sale.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-11 10:32 pm   Permalink

Those black paper drawings are FLIPPIN INCREDIBLE!!! It was well worth the wait for such a great bunch of multi-media tiki goodness.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 12:47 pm   Permalink

Aloha Eric!

Was wondering when/if you were gonna post all your goodies!
It's like a greatest hits post! Got to see some of these pieces
in person at a few local events the last couple of months
and they are spectacular! So inventive, creative, and diverse.

Rock on Mr. O!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 4:46 pm   Permalink

Tiki Kaimuki- Glad you like the cards! Working on the mass produced angle, but I'm rather inept at it!

MadDogMike- I had hoped t make the Lagoon Chop, but I was swamped with creating all this work! (plus it was the day after the Tikiaki event at Tonga Hut, and I was in no condition to do any traveling!)

leleliz - Ooh, good idea, posting stuff in the marketplace... I wonder if a massive post of everything would be overwhelming though... I'll work on it!

Paipo- Mahalo for the complement, glad you like my work! If artists of your caliber like my stuff, I may get a swelled head!

Jason- Yeah, I know this post was a long time coming, glad it was worth the wait! Your black velvet painting are incredible... I don't know if I'd ever attempt velvet, though... I'll stick with black paper for now!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-04 10:53 pm   Permalink

Great googely-moogily!
What a fantastic treasure trove of tiki art!
Fantastic! I feel like I've stumbled into a hidden time warp and stepped into the ultimate tiki shoppe!
Great Work Tubunga! U inspire me!

http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaA

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-05 09:14 am   Permalink

The colored pencil drawings are really something else...Like you really found your medium. Lot of life and depth. Very cool.

The party decor was super swell, too. Good examples of what can be done with low cost materials. When you have time you oughta post the party decor pics in the
Tiki-On-A-Budget thread. Good inspiration images for people with very little pocket money.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-05 10:46 am   Permalink

Wow - looks like years worth of work!

There's too many cool ones to comment about, but the Tikiyaki one is especially mind-blowing.

Rockin'.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-05 2:34 pm   Permalink

Hey Eric, how do you get such good pics of your black paper art? Do you scan? Every type of paper and lighting technique I've tried has gotten me nothing but ugly pics. Help!

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-05 11:05 pm   Permalink

Brad! I inspire YOU?!? Au contraire, mon frère! Did you take a gander at the "Up and Coming Tiki" article in the new TIki Magazine? I clearly state that you were my inspiration for getting into tiki art! (not a shameless plug... hey, it's my thread!)

Woofmutt - yeah, I'm really digging the black paper drawings! I'm meaning to post in the tiki on a budget thread, but I can barely keep this one current... soon, though!

Robb- I had fun creating the Tikyaki plane... stay tuned, more to come! And do you have a tripod? I find it helps when shooting work... I'll PM you with the details of how I shoot my stuff...

Speaking of which...

Here's some stuff I completed (barely) in time for the Tiki Magazine release party at Tonga Hut this past Saturday (08.01)

More black pencil drawings, 8x10

Plus, my first wahine! 11x14

I also have taken the pendant plunge, here's the first three designs; Ku, Duk Duk, and PNG shield.
They're painted resin, each about 3" high.

They're 20.00 each, plus 2.00 shipping. I'll have these and hopefully a couple more designs at Oasis.

And here's an Oasis sneak peek.
Plush Tiki Bob.

This plush stands 10" high and is 4" in diameter. It's made of corduroy and flannel, with a vinyl mouth and button eyes. I'm going to post this in the Marketplace, but if anybody is interested, they're 35.00, plus 3.00 shipping. PM me, or you can just paypal
ericoctober@gmail.com.

Thanks fer lookin'!
Yer pal,
Eric October

Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-06 06:02 am   Permalink

Eric, you have been busy! Thank you again for the great card!!! I can't wait for Joe to see your plush Tikis. He's going to go crazy.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kustomtiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-06 09:12 am   Permalink

Very cool stuff Eric,see you at Oasis!

View Profile of kustomtiki Send a personal message to kustomtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-06 09:24 am   Permalink

Plush Tiki Bob!
too cute!
and those ne drawings on black paper
have been consistently cool!
Only a week left!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation