FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New work posted! Inexplicable business card holders! Tiki Bob keychains! More Islander! Pg. 15!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
New work posted! Inexplicable business card holders! Tiki Bob keychains! More Islander! Pg. 15!
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 5:58 pm   Permalink

Love that Happy Hannukah Tiki!
Vinyl Masterpieces and more DukDuks than one can shake a shield at!
You needs to bottle your creative energy
and Sell it!
You could birth a whole generation of artists with a few cases!
Incredible work in soooooo many different forms and mediums!
You're what being an artist is all about,Eric!
Inspiring are you!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 6:14 pm   Permalink

Wow, I knew about the pendants and artwork but I didn't know you made all these kind of crafts and treats and such! Shows a tremendous amount of thoughtful originality, skill and talent. Great work Tobunga!

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 6:28 pm   Permalink

Hands down you are the most versatile artist on here Eric!

Can I just tell you how utterly fantastic I think your self image duk duk ornaments are? So freakin creative! I think you may need DDA-Duk Duks Anonymous however!

That menorah card is fantastic also.

I hope you bring lots of goodies up to NorCal when you come for Tikiyaki!

Great post!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 6:43 pm   Permalink

Framed vinyl tiks rock, and the Duk Duk ornaments made me laugh out loud!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 6:45 pm   Permalink

I like all of it, but I really need that Menorah Tiki for next year's Hannukah cards. You've got 11 months.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 6:52 pm   Permalink

You are out of control funny. I specially love the Christmas ornaments and everything else.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-06 10:46 am   Permalink

Wow! An amazing amount of work!
The duk duks are all terrific! The duk duk Christmas hats are too funny!
Well done.

I really liked the Rip mobile and Godzilla destroying the Quiet Village!
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)
[img]http://tikiroom.com/img/5514x538c224a.jpg[

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-06 3:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Ever since I made the framed vinyl maps, I wanted to make framed vinyl tikis. I had all the materials I needed, so I got them done, finishing the last of the stitching the morning of the show!
Both are 11x17, vinyl, framed:

I'll probably do pieces to complement them.

I agree with everyone else, these vinyl tikis rock! Looks like they'd go great with any decor. Another super-sized post from you, great stuff.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-06 4:54 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for all the kind words!

Kinny, you ARE inspiration!

abstractiki, hiltiki, Yeah, I just create what my mind dictates, and apparently, my mind is all over the place...

leleliz, Working on lots of new stuff now for the Tikiyaki show!

4WDtiki, TikiMango, Yes, I was pleased with how the vinyl tikis turned out, especially considering the idea was trapped in my head for so long before I had a chance to actually do them!

Slacks Ferret, Hoping to have cards ready before next Hanukkah, stay tuned!

Brad, Yes, I think I went a little Duk Duk mad, but I'm better now... no wait, I just finished a 12" Duk Duk figure last night!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
minitor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-06 7:42 pm   Permalink

OMTG! (oh my Tiki god). Fantastic stuff!! glad your thinking of making the Tiki Menorah into a card I want those too ...or maybe it should be cover art for a Mashugga Beach Party christmas album?

View Profile of minitor Send a personal message to minitor  Email minitor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-06 9:44 pm   Permalink

Wow! You are a force of nature, Eric. Always a treat to see what you've been up to (and the Duk Duk cookies at the Tonga Hut show were delicious!).

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-07 12:39 pm   Permalink

So much crazy stuff! Looks like the menorah tiki is a hit, the wreath ornaments are great, and it just happened to be MY Tyler's first Christmas too (grandson).

Keep grindin' the gears Eric

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-07 1:10 pm   Permalink

Mr. October, I think it goes without saying that your creative bursts enrich our lives - WOW MAN - busy dude!!

Thank you for posting all those goodies.

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-07 1:53 pm   Permalink

Looks like someone is having fun.
Wow, great eclectic array of fun work Eric.
I really like the framed vinyl tikis.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-02 8:16 pm   Permalink

Aloha everybody!
I sort of made a new year's resolution to post more often, and look! It's only been a month since my last post and here I go with another one!

This is the first piece I completed this year, for the January mug swap. I was sending a package to Abstractiki, and I wanted to send David a something special to thank him for all the Urban Archaeology legwork he's been doing uncovering Stockton's tiki past. I painted him this 11x14 map of Stockton, highlighting all the tiki establishments on which he's uncovered information. The logos roughly approximate their establishment's locations in the city.

In fact, I could not have done this image if not for all of Abstractiki's hard work sleuthing away. I based the Luau and Minnie's logos off of phone ads he posted, and the Tahiti Iti logo was featured in a very grainy photo he posted.

The next project I tackled was a new pendant/card set for Valentine's Day. The set is based on a PNG tiki, since the faces of some of them are kinda heart shaped. The card measures 3.5 x 6.25 with an opening in the center for the pendant. The pendant is painted resin and measures 2" square.

I continued the exotic tiki isle map series with this 11x14 map of Alameda. The last time Manuel and I were at Forbidden Island, we were talking to Suzanne about how Alameda is an island with tikis on it, and I scribbled down a quick drawing of this idea. I styled the tiki after the FI tiki, and put an "X" on the map where the bar is located!

I continued the vinyl wall hanging tiki series:

This Lono started out as a Ku, but the head seemed too tall. So I performed a little tiki brain surgery and removed the top of the Ku head and replaced it with a Lono headdress.

I also made two 15" diameter circular tiki heads, a Marq and a Ku:

And I now have a tiki drum trilogy with the completion of these two 11x 14 acrylic on watercolor paper paintings:
Tiki Drum Playing Itself

Bongo Beatdown

This last one is an homage to the Bongo Beatdown that the TIkiyaki Orchestra performs during live shows!

Beaky Tikis, 11x14 acrylic on watercolor paper

The Crocodile and the Hornbill are inspired by pieces from Aloha Jhoe's, and all the figures are based on PNG art.

This 11x14 piece was inspired by a song that was introduced to me by Tikiyaki's own Marty Lush, Hawaiian Cha Cha Cha:

I also made some 8x10 prints of the Tiki Torch Song Trilogy paintings, and the Maori Racer painting. I hand painted tapa patterns on the frames.

I had wanted to do a Stockton Islander painting for some time, and receiving some Islander bamboo from Abstractiki was the impetus to complete this piece.
It's framed with Islander bamboo, and measures 15x22, sized to fit the pieces of bamboo. I was very pleased with the way it turned out, and the bamboo makes it extra-special!

Well, that's it fer now, hope to be posting again soon!
Mahalo fer lookin'!
Yer pal,
Eric October

http://ericoctober.com

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2010-02-02 20:25 ]

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation