FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New work posted! Inexplicable business card holders! Tiki Bob keychains! More Islander! Pg. 15!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 )
New work posted! Inexplicable business card holders! Tiki Bob keychains! More Islander! Pg. 15!
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-04 01:15 am   Permalink

Eric,
awesome and inspiring as always!

quick question: when sculpting for the resin biz card holder and your pendants, what are you using as a medium for the sculpt? wax? if so, what kind?

I do some sculpting myself and would love any insight you might offer...

peace,
Jason <><

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-04 11:22 am   Permalink

Thanks Jason!

Not sure that I can offer anything that could be considered insight, but I can tell you I use Sculpey!

It's a polymer clay that you can bake in your oven. You can pick it up at any art supply store!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-04 1:33 pm   Permalink

It's all very impressive works of art Eric, you just keep getting better and better. I enjoy the uniqueness that you strive to make in every piece and your a hit! Thanks again for all that you do and create for us as collectors, tikiphiles and of course all that you willing create for our bars and shows, you make us a hit!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-04 7:21 pm   Permalink

The paper model of the Islander is amazing! That'll show them, WE can resurrect the Tiki temples "they" tear down!

And I love the I-phone painting: Ideal to play "What Tiki lounge did that come from?" You picked some real special ones:
The Steve Crane bowl, the napkin from the Kapu Kai, the swizzle from Harvey's, the candle holder from Aloha Jhoe's...

So did you notice the "Tiki Baby" in the Lattitude 20 sign/matchbook in that other thread? Ideal for a plush Tiki, I'd say!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-04 9:00 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Kelly! I'm blushing! Just trying to do my part to keep tiki culture alive!

Sven, glad you like the Paper cutout Islander! I'm working on the full color version of it now.

I did see your comment in the Hop Louie/Islander thread, and a plush version of that tiki is a great idea!

I was considering doing a pendant of the little tiki, and probably will if I ever get around to it!

I already depicted it in a painting that I did for abstractiki that I included when I drew his name in the mug swap from earlier this year. I used the matchbook cover from the other post as a guide for the painting, and images from his urban archaeology for some of the other logos.

http://ericoctober.com

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2010-05-04 21:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2010-05-04 21:13 ]

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 01:25 am   Permalink

Eric,

Sculpey... right on. I use sculpey as well, still getting used to it though. Do you sculpt everything pre-bake or do you do some carving/sculpting after it is baked? Sorry to bug you but I love all the crazy stuff you create...

Peace,
Jason <><

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation