FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New work posted! Inexplicable business card holders! Tiki Bob keychains! More Islander! Pg. 15!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
New work posted! Inexplicable business card holders! Tiki Bob keychains! More Islander! Pg. 15!
Jeremysart004
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-25 3:01 pm   Permalink

Very Very fun stuff. Great Idea to manipulate these iconic places into tikis. LOVE it!

View Profile of Jeremysart004 Send a personal message to Jeremysart004  Email Jeremysart004 Goto the website of Jeremysart004     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 5:50 pm   Permalink

Thanks Jeremy! Glad you like! Thanks for the link to your art... VERY COOL stuff!
Can't wait to see what other tiki-inspired gems you'll produce!

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2008-06-27 17:56 ]

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 5:55 pm   Permalink

I was at Tonga Hut earlier this week... went to the restroom to take a wizz and realized that the men's room, like the rest of Tonga Hut, is now very familiar to me... I had a shocking thought, which I jotted down in my sketch book when I got back to my Mai Tai... when I got home, I inked and colored it, and present it here:

I'm going to Tonga Hut tonight, too, so maybe it's true! I'm a Tiki-Bar Fly!

http://ericoctober.com

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2008-07-03 10:23 ]

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bgizzy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-28 03:13 am   Permalink

Great art! Lots of creativity & thought must have gone into those. The Kremlin is just waiting to be remade into a tiki palace!

View Profile of bgizzy Send a personal message to bgizzy  Goto the website of bgizzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 3:45 pm   Permalink

Tobunga, your artwork is great, refreshing and fun. Keep it up and keep going to Tonga Hut, you know most likely I will be there..

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 4:17 pm   Permalink

It's always good to see new stuff by you.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-10 11:47 am   Permalink

Here's a couple of new pieces.

This one is called March of the Tiki Gods. (16x20 acrylic on canvas)

I like the way some of the Lono tikis I've seen have a really big headdress, but a relatively small body, so I thought I'd play up that difference in this image. Kind of makes him look all cute, I think... I did the same with Ku, and hopefully a sense of playfulness comes through.

I created these 8" high table-top displays for the Tonga Hut 50th Anniversary, which is this year! Happening now!You should be able to see them if you stop in at the Tonga Hut! The tiki is based on the huge Moai near the front door of the Tonga Hut.

Thanks for looking!

tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-10 12:18 pm   Permalink

awesome stuff tobunga! keep it up dood, and it was rad hanging out you at the mainlanders show

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-10 12:18 pm   Permalink

brudda Tobunga!!!!

damn, man, u have been a busy beaver!

I am loving all the work, especially the marching tikis!

one small complaint: put ur name in your thread title so kooks like me don't miss your updates!

look forward to seeing you at the FREAKOUT opening!!

alohas, toe-nails

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-10 12:25 pm   Permalink

The 50th year Tonga Hut table displays are great, right down to the cracks on the real Moai.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-10 12:28 pm   Permalink

March of the Tiki Gods is AWESOME,Tobunga!
Is that goin in the Freakout? Hope so?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-12 05:08 am   Permalink

I really like the new pieces. Fome-Kore is a fun medium, I like the skewer support for the sign, and "March of the Gods" is a real blast, I like the texture of the Tikis. I especially like your acrylics, and hope we'll see more soon.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-16 1:08 pm   Permalink

Come down to the light gallery this Saturday and see Four of 'bunga's paintings
at the Tiki freakout!
"March of the Tiki Gods" is A-1!
The colors/balance/form/rhythm/content will
FREEK your FACE off!

www.KENRUZIC.COM is Open to the Public!
(Which i update every so often)
I'm on FaceBook too-Go cheggitout!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-17 6:56 pm   Permalink

Yep, that march painting is darned good!
Got such a great animated feel, expressive, and nice color choices.

http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaA

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-29 11:26 am   Permalink

TikiMango -
Tiki Thomas -
Big Toe -
Kinny -
Robb -
Brad -

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! I appreciate it, and draw inspiration from you all! I feel honored to be in such great company!

I've had a crazy few weeks lately... prepping for the Tiki Freakout show, (helping with the set up was pretty awesome, thanks Kinny and Rory for the educational experience!)

Left from the show and drove down to San Diego for a few days, and when I returned, prepped for vending at Tiki Luau Nights at the Egyptian. What an great event! King Kukulele was there setting the mood, and I saw Scott (Joe Banks) and Jim (Tikiyaki)... I met the very cool Big Mike of Swangulo Design, and got to tiki-geek-out over meeting the awesome Tiki Tony... it was so much fun!

Here's a pic of my little display:

I realized I didn't actually have a display or anything other than a card table, so on Thursday night, I drew up a little diagram, and I got up on Friday morning and started constructing a little tiki shack and display boards for paintings. By dinner time, everything was done, and didn't look half bad (and it didn't fall down)!

Here's one of the new pieces I had there:

It's Kuddly Ku, 11" of plush tiki doll cuteness. It's hand made, stitched up by me, with a little assistance from Manuel, my partner. I have some for sale, if anyone is interested. They're 35.00 including shipping. You can paypal my email address,
ericoctober@gmail.com. Type in "Kuddly Ku" so I know what you want.

I was also working on a very cool project: a print for the Tonga Hut 50th Anniversary!

Here's a pic:

I wanted to feature elements distinct to Tonga Hut, so painted the 4-level fountain and the giant moai.

The finished piece is 11x14 giclee print, signed and numbered, limited to 50.
They're sized to fit in an 11x14 frame without matting, or you can mat it for a larger frame.

They're $35 each, and you can order through me, through paypal (as above, ericoctober@gmail.com) Price includes shipping.

I'll be receiving them this Thursday, and they will also be available at the Tonga Hut, probably starting on Friday, the 1st.

The most recent thing I've completed (yesterday) is a flyer for the 1st Annual LA Home Tiki Bar tour:

I don't have a home tiki bar of my own, but I wanted to contribute something to the event. The theme fit in with my recent series, In A Tiki World, so I tikified City Hall and the Griffith Observatory! It was fun!

Well, back to work... my brain is leaking tiki ideas at an astonishing rate, and I have to go document them...

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2008-07-29 12:11 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation