FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » New work posted! Inexplicable business card holders! Tiki Bob keychains! More Islander! Pg. 15!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
New work posted! Inexplicable business card holders! Tiki Bob keychains! More Islander! Pg. 15!
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-29 12:49 pm   Permalink

Kabunga~ I dig the set up you had at the theater. Glad you went. sorry I missed it. When you get that huge stach?! The KU's are very Kool - mine is sitting in my art room gaurding my tiki mugs. The home tour poster is fun, but.... I really like the Tonga hut print. Don't get me wrong, I dig your cartoony work, but... I know you got the chops to do realism, and I am partial to your full on rendering style.

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTres
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-29 3:20 pm   Permalink

Love the Kuddly Ku, just sent payment for one. You should do more tiki pillows like that, very cool! Perfect to toss on a butterfly chair

View Profile of TikiTres Send a personal message to TikiTres  Email TikiTres     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-29 3:35 pm   Permalink

Great stuff, keep venting out your stuff...we're all benefitting off of it!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-29 7:58 pm   Permalink

Really nice work

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-29 8:54 pm   Permalink

Bachman Tiki Overdrive ?

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-31 1:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Bachman Tiki Overdrive ?

Yes, Tikiyaki... LOOK!

TikiTres, Surfintiki and Hewey - Glad you like my work! Mahalo!

Tikishark- Thanks for the vote of confidence... my stuff is scribbles compared to your awesome work... I'm sure I'll eventually work my way around to doing more realism in my tiki stuff, but I have so many ideas and only so much time in a day... now, if I can learn to paint with both hands simultaneously, I may get somewhere!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-31 4:38 pm   Permalink

The Tonga Hut anniversary poster is too cool, and the pillow-tiki made me laugh! Very nice.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-31 5:14 pm   Permalink

Yea...TIKI Care of Business...EVERY DAY !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-31 8:53 pm   Permalink

Hey, really like the Marchers! really really cool!

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-07-31 11:17 pm   Permalink

Your 50th anniversary Tonga Hut painting/print looks totally awesome. GROG is DEFINITELY getting one of those.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTres
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-01 5:42 pm   Permalink

Eric, Kuddly Ku arrived safe and sound today (super fast shipping!) and is adjusting to his new surroundings! Many thanks, the whole family thinks he's very cute

View Profile of TikiTres Send a personal message to TikiTres  Email TikiTres     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-01 8:05 pm   Permalink

Dang, TikiTres! That doll is enjoying a swankier lifestyle than I am! Glad he arrived safely. Maybe I should mail myself to you... wouldn't mind lounging by your cool tiki-pool!

Tikiyaki - yer killin' me!

Robb, always appreciate your comments... your new website is great!

Tiki Duddy, glad you like... should have prints available soon!

And GROG, mahalo for the complement! You don't know what an ego boost it is!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ivanchan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-03 5:32 pm   Permalink

Heya Eric!

Man, what a treat to go through your thread--it's inspiring and fun!!

The Tonga Hut poster looks awesome--you nailed the feel and look.

And that Kuddly Ku...ah. Makes me smile.

Take care,

I.

Ivan Chan Studio: Invite Beauty
http://ivanchan.com

View Profile of ivanchan Send a personal message to ivanchan  Goto the website of ivanchan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTres
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-03 6:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-01 20:05, tobunga wrote:
Dang, TikiTres! That doll is enjoying a swankier lifestyle than I am! Glad he arrived safely. Maybe I should mail myself to you... wouldn't mind lounging by your cool tiki-pool!

LOL! Thanks The pool is the only way we can handle all the 100+ days we've been getting around here Stop by if you ever happen to be passing through Forney, TX; I don't know how to make a Mai Tai but we have a margarita machine

tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 5:43 pm   Permalink

So as I said, I feel like I'm in Tiki Overdrive... or, if you will, I'm Full Throttle Tiki, which is the name of this new painting:

Full Throttle Tiki

It's 11x14, acrylic on canvas. Sort of my homage to those Weird-Ohs Silly Surfer model kits from the 60's.

I had a slight mishap when I discovered that the digital file I had created for a drawing I did called The Tiki That Carved Itself has gone missing. The photographer who is shooting and scanning my work misplaced the file, and it could be anywhere in his thousands of folders of photos.

The original is sold, so it's indefinitely lost...
It motivated me to redo the image as a painting, which I had been considering anyway. This was one of the first tiki pieces I did, and my take on tiki has changed a little, so I did the painting in my tiki style now...

The Tiki That Carved Itself 20x24, acrylic on canvas

I also did a painting based on the Hawaiian War Chant.

Hawaiian War Chant. 16x20, acrylic on canvas.

It's sort of a work in progress at the moment, as I want to add the original Hawaiian lyrics to the canvas, around and between the two tikis. The image references the original title of the song in Hawaiian, which is called "We Two In The Spray"... I believe it's a love song, actually.

I'll post the painting with lyrics added when it's done.

Oh, the Tonga Hut 50th Anniversary giclee prints are here! The came out AWESOME!!!PM me if you're interested!

That's it fer now, thanks fer lookin'!

http://ericoctober.com

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2008-08-06 17:45 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation