FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New work posted! Inexplicable business card holders! Tiki Bob keychains! More Islander! Pg. 15!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
New work posted! Inexplicable business card holders! Tiki Bob keychains! More Islander! Pg. 15!
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 07:49 am   Permalink

Wow Eric!
You're like the Martha Stewart of Tiki!
Incredible ideas/Conversions and Creations!
great economy of effort with the linoleum block /stamps!
A thousand uses!
You're on fire!
great seeing you and Manuel at KONA!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 6:01 pm   Permalink

Hi, Great stuff. You never posted a price on your 4 part set of prints. Do you have it somewhere else? I like the series of famous places turned into tiki world. You should do the Colosieum in Rome. That would be a great subject and how about Mt.Rushmore as well. Lincoln Memorial is another. Just thinking out loud here.

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-22 8:24 pm   Permalink

Every time I start thinking that the creativity on TC can't possibly get any more diverse, I come across a thread like yours that proves me wrong!

Fabulous work, Tobunga!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-24 1:26 pm   Permalink

Hey Kinny! Thanks for the feedback! The Martha Stewart of tiki, Huh? Well, I did go to prison for insider trading, but I never got my line of home furnishing at K-Mart off the ground...

Tuscon Tiki - I posted all this new stuff in the Marketplace forum as well, with prices. (they're $40.00 each, 6.00 shipping, all can ship for the same 6.00)

I actually have the last three images for the "In A Tiki World" series drawn out on canvas, I just haven't had a chance to start painting them yet... although I did consider the Coliseum and Mt. Rushmore, the final three will be: The Parthenon, St. Basil's Cathedral and the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio.

Bowana - Thanks so much for your complements! Your carvings are pretty damn impressive, so I'm humbled by your comments!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-24 6:43 pm   Permalink

Veritable!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-25 6:45 pm   Permalink

dang eric, ur OOC!!

great stuff...i particularly dig the little sculpy box handles and the lamps!

i am also loving the 2 new paintings!!

Ur on fire!

alohas, t

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-17 1:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha everybody!
Haven't had much time to post or paint lately, it seems... but here's a new piece:

It's called The Encounter, or lost Bumatay rediscovered, or the clairvoyant blowfish sees his future, an afterlife hanging in a tiki bar.

It's 11x14 acrylic on canvas. This image is inspired by my desire to obtain a Bumatay tiki mug from the Stockton Islander. I've heard that tikis carved by Andre Bumatay have mysteriously gone missing over time, so this painting depicts the rediscovery of one that ended up at the bottom of the sea (one that looks like the mug I covet). The startled blowfish, at the moment of discovery, has a vision of his own future, where he spends his afterlife hanging in a tiki bar, beloved by all. I like the bug-eyed look of the Bumatay tiki, and reflected it in the expression of the fish.

Oh, my eric october website now has a shop! You can visit at:
www.shop.ericoctober.com

Lots of tiki stuff, including giclee prints, and other non-tiki stuff...

Thanks fer lookin'!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-19 9:27 pm   Permalink

Oh my gosh Eric - I'm way behind on reading TC, and then I find this treasure trove of stuff that you've been doing! I'll take one of everything you posted for FI. And the puffer/bumatay is just incredible.

Hope to see you soon!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-20 12:11 am   Permalink

very raddd dood!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-20 03:35 am   Permalink

Very nice mate, love all those prints - great style! And great creativity with those lamps too

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-20 08:15 am   Permalink

Eric does it again!
ya gotta feel sorry for that puffer...Who would really WANT to see their future?
The ball's rolling again-
keep that momentum and go go Gadget!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-29 02:21 am   Permalink

He He He.... blow fish!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-01 11:49 pm   Permalink

Mahalo everybody! Thanks for the encouraging words!

Here's some new stuff:

I created a banner for Tonga Hut's 50th Anniversary. It's about four feet by 18 inches, acrylic on canvas stretched inside a bamboo frame (not sure of the frame's measurements). It was great seeing it hanging at the Hut amongst all the revelers at the 50th Anniversary party!

I also made some 1.25" 50th Anniversary buttons. There were about 100 of them, and they were placed on the tables for everyone to help themselves. By the time we got there at 10pm, there were none left, but it was nice to see people wearing them!

For Halloween, Manuel and I went as Tikis! We worked on the costumes for about two weeks. They're made mostly of cardboard and paper mache. The arms are cloth, to give us some flexibility. (Manuel is Lono, I'm Ku). We went down to Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood on Halloween, and our tikis were a big hit... every twenty steps or so, someone would stop us for a photo. Then someone else would get a pic, then someone else, then like 10 more people would come up for pix... it was lots of fun, but a little unusual having people clamoring for our photo... still, we appreciated that people liked our costumes... made the work worth the effort!

It was great how many people know what we were, too. We realized, or hoped, that we were raising tiki awareness!

That's it fer now! Thanks fer lookin!

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-02 06:48 am   Permalink

Those costumes are AWESOME! They look just like youe paintins! More pics if you got em.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-02 07:40 am   Permalink

i was wondering who made the pins, glad i got one. the costumes are incredible! very cool, will have to check with friends of mine who were in WeHo to see if they got pictures with you.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation