FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » The First Ever Forbidden Island Luau! May 18th @ 3:00PM
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
The First Ever Forbidden Island Luau! May 18th @ 3:00PM
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-05-17 12:00 pm   Permalink

Mañana!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JennX

Posted: 2008-05-17 2:59 pm   Permalink

See you tomorrow!

View Profile of JennX Send a personal message to JennX      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-18 7:24 pm   Permalink

how goes the Luau?

did tons of tiki and surf shows down here this weekend but still

wish I was there....

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2008-05-18 20:00 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Aloha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-18 7:51 pm   Permalink

Been there and as usual a great time at FI. Started with a Painkiller that was delicious. Went out back and the food looked yummy but I had had a big lunch but people were chowing down. on the pork and grilled chicken. The gelato was so gooood. I tried the macadamia nut chi chi which was great along with the chocolate banana that was soooo goood. Had two Island Mai Tais and tried the Kona passion fruit beer. It was crisp and tasty. The Tahitian dancers were excellent. Very entertaining. Martin, Jessica, Stephanie and Melissa were providing the usual high quality service and drinks. Dr. Tikimojo was the sole Tiki vendor but had a great variety of items. You could also pick up FI shirts and mugs. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. Sorry you couldn't make it, but maybe at the next FI luau.

View Profile of Mr. Aloha Send a personal message to Mr. Aloha  Email Mr. Aloha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-05-19 12:51 pm   Permalink

That was a mighty fine Luau!

Thanks very, very much to everyone who attended- We know you have a choice when choosing your Luau provider, and we thank you for making Forbidden Island your preferred Luau!

Summer may officially start now!

Mike took lots of pix, so I'm sure he'll post some here soon.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 1:13 pm   Permalink

The China Clipper gelato was delicious! Can we put the merch table next to it next time so I can go back for seconds.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RikiTikiTavi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-19 5:04 pm   Permalink

Oh the gelato. I had two full servings, and I think one of my housemates put away three (on top of cocktails and lunch). I hope it was successful enough to make it happen again -- I didn't get to experiment with making floats out of cocktails and gelato!

View Profile of RikiTikiTavi Send a personal message to RikiTikiTavi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 11:23 pm   Permalink

A-LO-HA!! The Luau was awesome and we had loads of fun!!
Thanks to all who came for this, despite the fact that there were at least four other Bay Area festivals the same day. Thanks to our Beer Sponsor - Kona Lager through Horizon Bevarage Co - whose debuted Lilikoi Brew was light, crispy and delicious. It'll definitely be on FI's tap selection real soon. Thanks also to Geleteria Naia, whose custom FI drink- flavored gelato was frikkin amazing!! The dance troupe was top notch, as was the Fire-Dance performance by Erin of FirePixie.com. Good to have Dr TikiMojo vending as well. What would a Luau be without some great stuff to buy?!
Thanks again... You can be sure this will become an annual event.

The Hui Hula o na Pu'u i ka Noe Dance Troupe (now try saying that after a few Mai Tais!!)

A Luau staple - the audience participation hula lesson

Boo Loo and Retro Diva serve up Hawaiian Plate Lunch from Alameda's own Hawaiian Drive Inn BBQ

Luau revelers - and this was just the outside!

The ultimate show stopper

Fire Pixie gets close and personal

[ This Message was edited by: Conga Mike 2008-05-19 23:32 ]

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation