FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-21 2:20 pm   Permalink

I love the idea of looping video so the "view" from the plane window is constantly changing. The whole creature ripping up the wing from Twilight Zone is an awesome idea!

I love your place so much and everytime you post an update I can't wait for the next one.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-21 3:53 pm   Permalink

Wow Mr. Pupu Pants! I've completely missed this thread until now and it's blowin' me away!. The framed back-lit print is terrific. I've got one of those frames sitting around somewhere. We were going to put a mosaic in it but I think I like the print idea more. Stuff that lights up is one of our very favorite things.

Look forward to seeing more pics....

CH

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-21 9:58 pm   Permalink

One of my favorite things about TC is showing posts like this to my wife and saying "See Babe, there's people out there way crazier than me!"

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 05:10 am   Permalink

The airline section is a nice touch, have you seen the book Lost America? There's a picture of the lounge section of a DC-8 in there similar to the setup you're working on. (Except his old airliner is in a boneyard)

[ This Message was edited by: Wayfarer 2009-06-22 05:14 ]

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimyniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-03 11:28 am   Permalink

Good efforts. But don't be afraid to use other artists work from this site.

View Profile of tikimyniki Send a personal message to tikimyniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-03 5:42 pm   Permalink

Ah, Tikimyniki, I'm not even sure what that 'compliment' means and I don't care. You are the reason I stopped posting on Tiki Central for a little while.
Since no one has the courage to remove you, I'll make you a deal-- I'll ask that you don't leave any messages on this post and I won't acknowledge your existence here. Please don't even reply. I'll take your silence as the answer. Thank you.

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-03 6:40 pm   Permalink

Please don't leave PuPu! We love you! We need to see your progress so we can feel inferior!

P.S.: Don't feed the troll!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimyniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-03 7:19 pm   Permalink

Actually you did continue to post but that doesn't matter.

Your bar is coming along well. I'm just saying why go at it all alone when you build? There are so many talented artists here on this very site that you can use. don't be so quick to pupu.

View Profile of tikimyniki Send a personal message to tikimyniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-03 7:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-03 18:40, Big Kahuna wrote:
Please don't leave PuPu! We love you! We need to see your progress so we can feel inferior!

P.S.: Don't feed the troll!

Damn...I was hoping you were updating Mr. PuPu!

I agree (and I am sure many, many others do also) with Big Kahuna. You can't leave us hanging!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuKKe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-04 01:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-20 23:01, Mr. Pupu Pants wrote:

2. I'm hoping to be 'finished' with Hula Sue's by the end of the summer. The purpose of the room is just as a place to have family and friends over for alittle 'escape' and quality time together. Our house is slowly becoming our own personal theme park (themed rooms throughout) and once the basement is done, I'll be moving on to finish the space-themed theater room (with 'Mission to Mars' spacesuit, 'Sunshine' film-used spaceship setpieces and some Disneyland park-used Tommorrowland props), the vintage cowboy/cabin-themed den (with rounded pine walls, fake fireplace, etc.) and an outdoor deck, themed as an old dock on a tropical island (with building facades and a row boat docked alongside as a seating area). Lots of fun work to do

Please post photos of the other rooms - here or in Beyond Tiki. If the other rooms are as cool as Hula Sue, then we're here for a real treat.
K

View Profile of nuKKe Send a personal message to nuKKe  Email nuKKe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zog
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-07 12:03 am   Permalink

Great stuff, Mr. Pupu! I can't wait for the next "installment". It kinda feels like I'm anxiously awaiting the next episode of my favorite TV show!

View Profile of Zog Send a personal message to Zog  Goto the website of Zog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-19 4:58 pm   Permalink

Hello Guys, thanks!

leleliz, thanks very much for all the kind words.

nukke, thanks . I think I'll wait to post the pics of the other rooms until they are closer to completion (they're all in various stages of progress and on hold until Hula Sue's is 'finished').

Zog, thanks, that's certainly how I feel about all the great work going on at this site. Sure is good company to be in

Here's a picture of the airplane fuselage under construction.
The 'struts' will be covered in metal and carefully 'damaged'.
The cabin walls will soon be covered/painted.
There will be metal trim to cover seams (like the one above the window) and carpeting on the floor (like the swatch below the seat) and curtains fastened to both sides of the window.
The roll of metal on the lower left of the picture will be riveted and then 'damaged/twisted/torn' and used to cover the exposed 'exterior' outer edge of the plane's fuselage that sticks out near the carved beam on the right.
The skeleton will be dressed in Hawaiian tourist garb and seat-belted in.
Lots of other small details to add and lots of work still to do but it's coming together.
Thanks again. More pictures very soon. I promise.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Pupu Pants 2009-07-19 17:16 ]

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-19 5:06 pm   Permalink

Oh great..good to see an update on this !

I think the whole dead tourist thing is such a great concept.

palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-19 5:43 pm   Permalink

Oh, Pupu, My Pupu!
once again I am in awe of your exquisite artistry!
Are there things you are looking for in the props or geegaws department to further your happy Tiki escapade into joy and madness?

I'm just about a 1/2 hr. drive from Edmonds, and constantly haunting thrift and antique stores, and who knows what I might come across...
One thrift store on
522 in Bothell always seems to have some interesting bit of Hawaiiana...Then there's Tuxedo's in Duvall.. great stuff!
I'd be glad to keep my eyes open for swag and plunder for Hula Sue's too!
(this is also a shameless hint that I would love to see it, finished or not, in person soon!)

You (or anyone else )are welcome to come over to the "Poi Dog Paradise" for a tour and tipple!

[ This Message was edited by: palapala 2009-07-19 17:45 ]

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-19 5:47 pm   Permalink

Coming along quite smashingly (pun intended )

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation