FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
machinelf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-22 07:47 am   Permalink

Please reconsider. As a community, TC is only going to be as good as its active members. It seems to me that the best way to keep the quality where it should be isn't to complain about others and then leave, but rather to be active yourself and set a good example. Illegitimi non carborundum!

Thanks for the all the pics and inspiration.

View Profile of machinelf Send a personal message to machinelf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Numastar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-22 2:13 pm   Permalink

Pupu,
Hopefully you are still around, your build is mindblowing and an inspiration.
Not sure if you've seen this yet but you could make a novelty Airline safety card using some of the images from these guys.
http://www.airtoons.com/
or have the pros do it. http://www.cabinsafety.com/
It would be an extra small detail for your airplane section.
I'm working on a cocktail menu using the same idea for a restaurant project.
Keep up the great work.

Cheers

View Profile of Numastar Send a personal message to Numastar  Goto the website of Numastar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-12 09:06 am   Permalink

I just wanted to bump this thread to let Mr. Pupu Pants know we still want photo updates...

...Mr. Pupu Pants, I know you left because of a troll, but it looks like the troll is gone...the bridge is clear, so please post some updates!

For those of you new to the thread, have a good look from the beginning. It's an inspiring tiki room!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pwest71
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-14 07:18 am   Permalink

Mr. Pupu,

PLEASE disregard the "troll" and honor us with more photos/updates on the progress. I've followed it closely since the beginning and will hopefully be starting my own room soon, and yours has been a huge inspiration. I may try to pick your brain for some help on a few ideas I had that might require your ingenuity to figure out...

Mahalo,

Paul

View Profile of pwest71 Send a personal message to pwest71      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-02 5:10 pm   Permalink

Shit a brick!

I haven't seen Mr. PuPu's genius at work for awhile, just saw the recent posts and have this to say:

I'm not posting on my art thread till my Main Man does on his.

So there.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-02 8:43 pm   Permalink

I heard a rumor he's getting ready to post an update :fingers crossed:

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-03 07:15 am   Permalink

Please Mr. PuPu, Throw us a Red Rib Bone or a Teriyaki Tid-bit!

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-15 11:29 am   Permalink

Hope to see some updates soon Mr. Pupu!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 1:28 pm   Permalink

long time fan of this thread, hoping for an update...!???

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-23 3:43 pm   Permalink

PuPu. First time I have posted on your thread although I have watched your progress from the start. It's been like a drug to see it all unfold and I need a fix. These long cold Michigan Fall nights would warm up with a little PuPu magic to get me through.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-23 6:38 pm   Permalink

I need to see what it looks like now! It's my favorite home bar build ever!!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-23 10:55 pm   Permalink

Hi Guys, thanks very much for the nice comments. Definitely missed hanging around Tiki Central.
I've been working on the basement and will post an update this weekend. I haven't gotten a ton done in the last month or two -- my wife and I were actually on vacation in France for much of September (her life-long dream trip)-- but I am definitely back at work on it now.

Had a great time and actually did see one Tiki place on the trip -- a small, beachside cafe near Nice and Monaco. It was called.....ummmm.....'Tiki Place'. Here's a picture:

Also, when we were at the D'Orsay Museum in Paris, we did see someone entering with a Tikiyaki flight bag. Was anyone from this site visiting that Museum and carrying that bag in early to mid-September?

Among other places, we also went to the D-day beaches (incredible and very moving) and Euro Disneyland. For all you fellow Disney fans -- it was a cool park but, overall, not nearly as detail-oriented as Anaheim. They did, however, still have a Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (very cool):

Anyway, it's nice to be back at Tiki Central and I'll chat with you soon,
John

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-23 11:16 pm   Permalink

Yay.

Your work is amazing and genuinely inspirational and I hope you stay around Tiki Central at least long enough for me to wrangle an invite to a public showing.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-24 05:38 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2009-10-23 22:55, Mr. Pupu Pants wrote:

GLAD to see you posting again, know you all had a nice vacation & look forward to your updates Mahalo Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-24 3:16 pm   Permalink

Yeah, yeah - enough of the travelogue, let's see some pix of the Hideaway

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation