FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
Deke Kahala
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-21 12:03 pm   Permalink

B-A-UTE-TEE-Full! Simply stunning workmanship.

View Profile of Deke Kahala Send a personal message to Deke Kahala      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ashman_atl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-06 3:35 pm   Permalink

Hey John, It's about time for an update... whatcha been doing??

View Profile of ashman_atl Send a personal message to ashman_atl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-07 3:32 pm   Permalink

Not much else to say. Another great home bar. Love the map. Very creative.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-11 12:18 am   Permalink

Did you make these frames?
Quote:

On 2010-03-08 15:47, Mr. Pupu Pants wrote:

Some Frames:

http://shop.ebay.com/1957sputnik/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340
If you like it,its ZAZZ! If you dont its RAZZ!

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2010-05-11 00:20 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bali O Hai O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-11 03:41 am   Permalink

Total envy... WOW!

View Profile of Bali O Hai O Send a personal message to Bali O Hai O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Angry Idol
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-11 5:01 pm   Permalink

PuPu, I couldn't be more impressed. I've been making very meager progress on my Room of Great Adventure, and your Hideaway is both inspiring to continue and discouraging, as it is more than I could imagine accomplishing.

Well played, Pu(2)

Angry Idol

View Profile of Angry Idol Send a personal message to Angry Idol  Email Angry Idol     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-12 12:42 am   Permalink

Thanks guys. I'll post more pictures of the booth area shortly (been making alot of progress) but here's a recent quick crappy one:

In the mean time, here is the basic design for the support beams/bamboo arch that runs between the airplane/WW2 area
and the booth/bar area.

The beams are already in place but I have lots of carving to do.
Those are the large Disney Tiki Babies in the carved out sections of the brackets. The 'animated tikis'
will be operated by the Christmas tree face mechanisms fed by an external audio system that was mentioned in an earlier post on this thread.

ps: mrsmiley, I didn't make the bent bamboo wooden frames for those wall hangings but I am making identical smaller versions for some other stuff.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Pupu Pants 2010-05-19 04:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Pupu Pants 2011-05-13 04:34 ]

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-12 03:44 am   Permalink

I was just thinkin' Mr. Pupu... how horrible it would be if you ever had to move and leave this amazing work behind. We've seem others dismantle and remantle(?), but I'm bettin' you know this place is yours for life.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-12 04:36 am   Permalink

Yeah, my wife often jokes about how I'll be buried in our basement someday. I asked her to wait until I'm done.

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-12 07:18 am   Permalink

AWESOME!!! (again ) Animated tikis - I missed that one earlier, how cool!

John, I hope she waits until you're dead before she seals you in the basement

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-12 2:45 pm   Permalink

Thanks Mike
At least it'll be a fun place to 'wait it out'.

faztiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-18 8:53 pm   Permalink

i'd be honored to be buried there, and would enjoy it even more if you didn't make me wait until i was dead!

Sir Pupu Pants,
I'm blown away by your craftsmanship, but just as impressed by your ability to plan and design. I've watched my place evolve bit by bit, typically on a saturday morning after a little liquid brainstorming late friday night. i think the difference shows. thanks for setting the gold standard!

View Profile of faztiki Send a personal message to faztiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-19 04:25 am   Permalink

Thanks very much Faz! For me, the design part is definitely half the fun. (Because--when you're still planning-- 'anything' is still possible )
Here are another couple of recent pictures of the booth area (sorry about the lighting). Most of the bamboo walling is up and the awning is next.

There will be a pass-through window and ledge on the right side for serving drinks (with similar cut/arched bamboo protruding down from the ceiling).

As soon as the booth is done, I'll be back to the airplane section.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Pupu Pants 2010-05-19 04:46 ]

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-19 07:01 am   Permalink

PuPu your room is my favorite.

Let me know when you start accepting house guests...I would like to sign up!

I am , however, still waiting for pics of the other theme rooms in your house. I believe somewhere you posted to this effect but we have yet to see them. Am I right? If so please post these as well!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-19 07:51 am   Permalink

Do you have any tiki themed rooms to rent? I'd like to vacation in your basement.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation