FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
Trader Mitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-31 08:07 am   Permalink

Very sorry to hear that John. Hang in there, it has to get better. right? I suggest keeping a notebook handy when you are on your Oxycocktail "trips". You will probably come up with more fantastic ideas for Hula Sue's!
I don't live far from you, so if you ever need a hand with anything, just message me. I'd be glad to help.

View Profile of Trader Mitch Send a personal message to Trader Mitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-01 05:00 am   Permalink

Sounds like you're having a rough time, but nice to see you're posting with great humour. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drawitbetter

Posted: 2011-08-03 11:48 am   Permalink

I just found this thread a couple of days ago and finally made it from the start to the current posts. I was very excited to see such a cool build in the local Seattle area, and I was hoping to hit the end and see the completion of this amazing project ... but it seems the story had a bit of a twist.

I am very sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you are recovering as quickly and as comfortably as possible after your surgery. If you ever need a hand on this project, even if it is just lifting heavy objects or shaking up some Mai Tais, let me know. I'd love to pitch in and help with whatever I can.

Finally I just want to say how impressive Hula Sue's is. I love the unique details like the airplane section, the diorama and the hole in the roof. You are really setting the bar (so to speak) for Tiki Central. It's an inspired build and I can't wait to see more.

View Profile of drawitbetter Send a personal message to drawitbetter  Goto the website of drawitbetter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ESP182
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-03 11:49 am   Permalink

Dear Mr. Pupu Pants -

Hang tough!! We're all rooting for you to get better!

View Profile of ESP182 Send a personal message to ESP182      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-04 11:30 pm   Permalink

I too just got through the entire thread. I am absolutely gob-smacked with your creativity and talent! There is just so much to love about your tiki room project, but being a big Disney fan I cannot wait to see the talking tiki poles. I really hope you make a video of the place when you are done for us all to see.

Meanwhile I am very sorry to hear about the accident and the difficulties in recovery. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope for a speedy recovery. Hang in there mr. pu pu.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-05 4:19 pm   Permalink

Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery. It's a bummer to get sidelined, hope you will have the vigor needed to again unleash your amazing craftsmanship soon!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Angry Idol
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-09-13 06:55 am   Permalink

Pu(2),
Sounds like it's time for you to write a book. You're brilliant, funny, have great ideas, and are unable to work on your masterpiece right now. Whether it's a how-to, anecdotes or a tiki mystery, I'd buy your book.

View Profile of Angry Idol Send a personal message to Angry Idol  Email Angry Idol     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
castaway17
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-04 6:03 pm   Permalink

Dear Mr. Pupupants. I just came across this thread and was blown away not only by your mad creative genius, but the enregy and craftsmanship to make it all happen. This is totally amazing! You are truly a gifted individual. Like so many others here on TC I wish you the best in your recovery. Know that you have many well wishers who may be strangers to you on the street, but are kindred spirits at heart. Cheers & Mahalo.

View Profile of castaway17 Send a personal message to castaway17  Email castaway17 Goto the website of castaway17     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-13 4:02 pm   Permalink

Sir PuPu Pants,
You had me at Aloha! Like many others, I too have recently discovered the thread of all threads where you have truly kicked some Tiki ass and taken tiki names!
Your kindness and willingness to share your life, your build and a part of who you are is a truly beautiful gift to the TC community.

THANK YOU, Mahalo and my best wishes for your recovery!

PUPU Pants... PUPU Pants... PUPU Pants... PUPU Pants... PUPU Pants... PUPU Pants!!!

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-15 07:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-30 02:53, Mr. Pupu Pants wrote:

Thanks again for the encouragement. I'll still be working on the little stuff until I can work on the big stuff.

[ This Message was edited by: mr. pupu pants 2011-10-11 16:57 ]

Aloha PuPu,

Need any help on the big stuff?

BB

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CarvingBike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-18 4:18 pm   Permalink

Mr PuPu Pants, I just discovered Tiki Central within the last couple of days and your post earlier today. I read through the entire thread & really got the feeling that I grew to know you to a very small extent. I just wanted to say that I hope you are feeling much better! I respect and admire the glimpse of yourself that was shared on this thread. I will be keeping my eye out for any updates & hoping that your next post will be filled with good news about your recovery. Best wishes! Get well soon!
Aloha, Rick

View Profile of CarvingBike Send a personal message to CarvingBike  Goto the website of CarvingBike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-20 7:06 pm   Permalink

Awesome

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-17 3:32 pm   Permalink

Aloha John. I have been reading a great book lately. Escape Of The Pacific Clipper. It is a great read about a Pan Am clipper stuck in New Zealand when Pearl Harbor happens and their journey home running from the invading Japanese and Germans the whole way. The book reminded me of your fantastic clipper diorama project and how great the progress photos look. Thanks for sharing your talents with all of us.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nirre

Posted: 2012-03-17 01:20 am   Permalink

Awesome bar!! Really nice!

Hope you doing well John!

View Profile of Nirre Send a personal message to Nirre      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-18 11:41 am   Permalink

Hi John...I can certainly sympathize with you, my back is a mess and I need to have surgery, just trying to shed pounds and get to a normal size before I go under the blade. Hope you are doing better. Keep us posted. hugshugs Vamp

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation