FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-19 06:26 am   Permalink

Hey PuPu Pants, the place is coming along awesome!! You have some great ideas and it is really all coming together. Great job and keep posting the pic's!!

Mahalo, TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-19 06:44 am   Permalink

Wow! Great attention to detail; and all that ceiling to fill with floats and lamps. I'm jealous.
-Duke

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-19 10:19 am   Permalink

Yikes, you are too creative for your own good! Broken airline fuselage dragged up from the beach? Jeez, I was proud of myself when I managed to torch some bamboo without catching myself on fire! Nice work. Very nice. It's all in the details, isn't it...

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-19 2:48 pm   Permalink

Your creation is total eye candy filled with amazing ideas and attention to detail. You've made significant progress from the last time I stopped by and I have to say that I am very impressed with your capabilities at creating an escapist fantasy.

Thanks for sharing your progress and I look forward to the next update!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 06:48 am   Permalink

Resus Rhist!

I think we might be seeing the bar being raised here.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-08 10:31 pm   Permalink

Thanks Robb, Rob and not Rob (Polynesiac). Made my day
Here's something I made for the walls of the 'entrance'. Got some cool rattan picture frames, vintage tropical paint by numbers, a couple of chalkware hula girls and some matting strips and twine.
I cut the paint by numbers to fit the curve of the frame and added the rest of the stuff with a glue gun. Abra cadabra...something to hang on the wall (I made one for each side of the entrance):

On the wall:

Edge detail:

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Pupu Pants 2009-04-08 22:33 ]

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-08 10:52 pm   Permalink

Love those frames!

I collect paint by numbers and would never think of cutting them up but I love the effect of the end result.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 10:28 am   Permalink

sooooo niiiice! You big crazylongtime! will you be having an unveiling party anytime soon?
I'm still interested in doing an Eastside- Northside'o- Seattle Home Bar tour this year..Yours and "The poi Dog Paradise" would be a great start...Anyone else out there that wants to put their bar on the list?

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 10:55 am   Permalink

those are awesome frames.... never EVER seen anything like them before... bring on the curves... curves and ellipses are where its at.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 1:44 pm   Permalink

PuPu scores again! Very nice!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 2:30 pm   Permalink

LOVE em all!!!! great frames art, mats...everything!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahalakruzer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 5:36 pm   Permalink

The room looks AMAZING. Just about the coolest entrance I've ever seen!

View Profile of kahalakruzer Send a personal message to kahalakruzer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bewitched By Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-14 8:52 pm   Permalink

Wow am I glad I stumbled upon this spot! Your vision and craftsmanship are amazing. (Drool) I wish I had a basement. I must stop reading these threads I only have a backyard to work with. It is hard not to get discouraged when you see such brilliant work!! Great job. I especially love the entry way and the way you designed the columns. I am sure this space must bring you much satisfaction. Thanks so much for sharing. Please do post some pictures of the rest of your house, that is, in your spare time!

View Profile of Bewitched By Tiki Send a personal message to Bewitched By Tiki  Email Bewitched By Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-22 5:04 pm   Permalink

Any more progress, Pu?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-04-22 9:41 pm   Permalink

It's not even done and it's already amazing... I love the idea of the broken roof... very cool!!!

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation