FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Paipo's Stone Tikis V2.0 - 2011
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
Paipo's Stone Tikis V2.0 - 2011
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 12:11 pm   Permalink

Thanks Benjamin - I spent a crazy amount of time on that little negative space. As far as I know (or at least in this case), that little notch is used to trap the enemy's weapon and destroy it. The two koru (spirals) on either side form a mangopare (hammerhead shark) motif, appropriate seeing as the club is named after a fish...

big daddy, this one is large as my pebbles go, 3 1/2" (87mm) long, 1 1/2" wide and 1/2" thick. The little mask on the side is just over 1" long. Cheers!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 12:27 pm   Permalink

Paipo, I'm Really Floored by this one. This has to be the most Beautiful piece you have ever done. Beautiful lines, curves, sweeps and shapes, topped by the beautiful sweet looking Mask. If I had the choice, this would be the club to use to bash in my Skull and end my life.
Happy Happy Happy!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flynny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-06 10:02 am   Permalink

Rhys
I would echo Benz, this piece is simply stunning, lines, detail, design etc and the overall crispness blows me away. I've been lurking a little while since firing up the micromotor, hope to post one or two pieces soon
Regrads
Flynny

View Profile of flynny Send a personal message to flynny  Email flynny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-07 10:41 am   Permalink

Sacrilege!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-07 3:50 pm   Permalink

My-T-Fine there Paipo! Boy is that a looker. I know a few old farts that would love to hang that 'round their necks. One of them being the Zart-Man. I think that may be the sharpest piece I've seen from you. I dunno, if it isn't the sharpest...it's in the top three....

I can only imagine how hard you stressed over that one

Love it.

G$

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-08 11:31 am   Permalink

Top notch, Rhys!

The Wahaika is a beautiful piece, as are all of yours.

Such smooth and precise lines, and a hint of texture to set off the non carved surfaces.

Beautiful!

Getting any surf in these days in the summer months?

The Great Lakes have been clogged with ice floes this winter due to extremely cold temps... I haven't been on a wave in 3 months now and going seriously out of my mind.

Keep up the good work!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2009-02-08 11:32 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-08 6:00 pm   Permalink

I REALLY Think this Wahaika deserves to be on this page also so I'm bumping it up here too. This guy is just So Sweet sitting on his Club with that secure, smug, Calm, cool, Collected air about him. GMAN is right, This guy could spend his life protecting My neck forever.

Just SO NICE!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-08 6:43 pm   Permalink

I agree with everyone and I can't think of much to say. One of the
coolest ever.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-10 12:28 pm   Permalink

That is INcredible, Paipo.
wow

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-11 07:34 am   Permalink

BRAVO!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-11 08:05 am   Permalink

Can't get over that Wahaika....
man!
What i wouldn't give to crack GROG on the head with that!
I would've said Clysdalle,but he's got a baby head
and they're too soft to withstand the
Crack-A! of the Wahaika!

Stunning,Rhys!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-11 9:28 pm   Permalink

Your work inspires me long, I think it refers to many very strong.Eg Wahaika me back to this:

The scale is different, but I feel the spirit is same...
Well done, I continue to follow.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-13 4:03 pm   Permalink

Aw man, now look what I've done! Mega replies to respond to...here goes!

Ben - it's a shame that this one is gone already as it seems maybe it was "the one" for you (and maybe my chance to score a Benzart in return)? Ah well, there will be more clubs ... as long as this one took, I really enjoyed it and I'm keen to tackle some of the other variants. Club shaped stones are easy to find so I'll keep my eyes peeled. Thanks for bumping the pics on to the next page!

flynny: I'm so glad to see you return from the land of the lost - come on dude, post up some new work! That little Rapa Nui fish god is still one of my favourite ever TC small carvings and I bet you're cooking now you've got the micromotor. Don't be shy! Thanks!

B-RAD! Sacrilege? Uh-uh - just a cross-Polynesian ART JAM - shaped in Aotearoa and hand painted in Hawaii! I would do it myself if I knew how!

G - Definitely top 3 (depending on the street) - the little guy on the side is easily the best job I've made of a micro mask so far. The 'Zart's neck is just gonna have to wait for an even better one! Stress? Surprisingly relaxed, but the tough part was knowing how much to do and in the end keeping it clean and simple was the way to go. Thanks my friend!

Lake: Thanks! You summed up my approach and intent pretty much perfectly. Waves galore lately - a mate from the Rock School class of '02 just moved back and has been dragging my sorry older ass out just about every second day! I think he has only missed 3 days since he came back! We have had beautiful warm (except for the water!) weather and an amazing run of good consistent swell in the 2-5 ft range. If you get the chance check out the "Drive Thru New Zealand" surf vid to see some pros (including Occy, Donovan etc) ripping the #!@% out our North breakwall on an INSANE winter's day! Best waves/section on the whole DVD!

Conga, Duddy, Babs...thanks guys!

Kinny, I wouldn't be surprised if Ernie's skull is harder on the mohs scale than a standard beach stone. CRACK-AH!

Anwyay, if I sound excited, that's cause I am - it's the opening of the big Jade & Stone show (first one in 3 years) today and it's gonna go off tonight! Got some new work to share too, but the '02 classmate mentioned above is on his way to pick me up so it'll have to wait! Cheers!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-13 4:37 pm   Permalink

That is superb work, Paipo, period. The piece flows like a river. Tops.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-13 5:13 pm   Permalink

Wait! I own that dvd, the breakwall? Where's that? In the middle? Save me all the trouble! he-he. I'm lazy. What town?
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous. Winter is suckin here. I think I'm moving next fall.
Oh, and do I have to tell you how FANTASTIC your stuff is!! Flows like a river. (class v)

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation