FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Orange County Tiki Crawl 3/29/03
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Orange County Tiki Crawl 3/29/03
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 9:03 pm   Permalink

Hey, Bong! I signed you up too:

Chess Palace

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 10:11 pm   Permalink

The communal bus transit was possibly the most fun part of the last OC Crawl for me! It became funnier with each stop as we became more intoxicated. We sang and sang.
This appears to be less an isolated incident than a proclivity as we sang obnoxiously on another bus together (with Normals on board no less) on our way to the Huntington Harbor cruise at Christmas. We get on a bus, we sing.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 10:11 pm   Permalink

Count me in too!
Has anyone else heard of the rumors that the Royal Hawaiian is haunted with the ghosts of some of their past dearly departed patrons?

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 10:54 pm   Permalink

So,

What I get out of all of this is that we're going on a bus and going to MONDO TIKI, then TIKI OASIS, then the HUKILAU?

There were enough places last time but not enough "time." My 2 cents say 3 places are perfect. Just "more time" in each place(except Li's). Maybe a majority vote while in each place this time? Who wants to stay? Who wants to go?. The louder answer wins. I think last time we were all paroniod if one of us was an internet wack job/slasher and kinda went with the plan. This time around, maybe we could be a little looser. Remember, the reason for the bus? It avoids the 10,000 $ dui! THAT'S 10k WORTH of MORE TIKI STUFF!!

Bongs? RH? BILLY'S? SAMS? Bongs Lawn?
Sounds TIKI to me!(maybe we could tell Sven the wrong time so he has to chase the bus again. that would be funny!) (just joking Mr. Big Bro!)( he'll probably show up in a limo from his "e-bay sale of the century!)

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 01:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-04 22:11, floratina wrote:
The communal bus transit was possibly the most fun part of the last OC Crawl for me! It became funnier with each stop as we became more intoxicated. We sang and sang.
This appears to be less an isolated incident than a proclivity as we sang obnoxiously on another bus together (with Normals on board no less) on our way to the Huntington Harbor cruise at Christmas. We get on a bus, we sing.

COOOOL. You're gonna do that up here in SF too, right?!?

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 04:51 am   Permalink

I'd love to join you guys but if you're going to RH for dinner I'll pass. I'd rather have GOOD food if I'll be taking the night off work. So I think I'll have my friend take me to Tuna Town on Main Street, for sushi, drinks, etc. So if you all can get an itinerary together, I can meet up with everyone in HB (I'm sooo not a singer anyway) If you can allow so much time in each place instead of voting to stay or leave. I know there were others on the first crawl who joined later also.
A fond memory from the last crawl (where Sugar Caddy and I met up with the bus of drunks at Sam's) was Sven sitting next to me selling me on the idea that, you all, were an internet group of people into tiki (mind you, I was wearing a Hawaiian top, a tiki necklace, flowers in my hair, and a vintage fish tank purse) I said, "I know, I've talked with you before." Introductions came next... and Sven admitted that he thought I was a guy (from my TC posts.) Yes, it's nice to put faces to names.

[ This Message was edited by: laney on 2003-03-05 04:53 ]

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 08:40 am   Permalink

Hey Laney,

Never been to Tuna Town, but we always go to The Longboard next door and Aloha Grill above. Do they have other food besides sushi? I hear that place is owned by the dude from Korn.

Anyhoo, I am in favor of a 3 bar stop thang (RH, Billy's & Sam's with Bong's Hut as the anchors). I am less interested in making a trek to some tiki type merchandise place in South County if such a place even exists.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 08:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-05 08:40, stentiki wrote:
I am in favor of a 3 bar stop thang (RH, Billy's & Sam's with Bong's Hut as the anchors). I am less interested in making a trek to some tiki type merchandise place in South County if such a place even exists.

Well, such a place does exist (which I think you would really enjoy) however, if you are not interested in checking it out then we'll leave it off the list. It looks like you have an itinerary all worked out already so why don't we just finalize it at that.

I've seen a few cool suggestions here (Lagoon Room, Harpoon Harry's, Sam's, etc) that I think would be cool to include but it seems like they're all being ignored.

So -- let me know what, where and when and I'll just go with whatever happens...

* * * The Polynesian Popster * * *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-03-05 08:59 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-05 09:04 am   Permalink

OK, before I start the list, this is how I see the gig shaping up: Meet at Bamboo Bens at 4:30; get on bus at 6:30 and sing like drunken sailors; hit Royal Hawaiian for a while; get back on bus and sing like drunken sailors; hit Billy's for a while; get back on bus and sing like drunken sailors; hit Sam's for a while; get on bus and throw up.

As Ali'i Ben says, the bus is a big part of the fun, and it's better than a condo in Totally Fucked-up-ville courtesy Newport PD. The bus holds 50 people, so we'll divide the cost among the riders.

If I added someone on the list that isn't going, let me know. Otherwise here it is:

1 Arty
2 Tina
3 Al
4 Shelly
5 Polynesian Pop (you're kids forgot you)
6 Traderpup (maybe)
7 Bong
8 Madam Bong
9 Mr Bamboo
10 Mrs Bamboo Ben
11 ChikiTiki
12 Sabu the Coconut Boy
13 Mr Christian
14 Dr Z
15 Z Girl
16 Floratina
17 Lucky Designs
18 Lucky D' Gal
19 WeirdUncleTiki
20 Tiki Rider Five-O
21 Lapurocker
22 Crazy Al
23 Baxdog
24 Kukuinut
25 Trustar
26 Littlesusan
27 Ukulele Girl (Smokin Menehunes Uke player)
28 Johnny Velour
29 Lady Velour
30 Piphirho
31 Trustars Son
32 Chef & friend (Lucky D's friend)
33 Lapu's girl
34 Seema
35 Kimiyo
36 Mad Mark
37 Ukulele Girls sister
38 & 39 Don & Michele Stewart (Bong's future Uku player)
40 Mr Holden 'Tiki Farm'
41 KC "Beachdude Inc" Keylin
42 Sven "Bigbro" Kirsten
43 Sven's gal Naomi
44 Ship Wreck Joey
45 Mrs Wreck
46 Ms TikiMadness 1
47 Ms TikiMadness 2
48 Ms TikiMadness 3
49 Mrs ChikiTiki
50 Luna & OUT!

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - Hau'oli La Tiki!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-03-23 07:47 ]

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 09:07 am   Permalink

Sounds good to me. What are we looking at for costs?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 09:19 am   Permalink

Laney, Take the bus! Its what really makes the event! And don't worry about not singing, I don't sing, so I need a credible lip-sync partner to help fool the masses....!

Or, maybe I'll just go to Harpoon Harry's and moon y'all as ya roll by!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 09:20 am   Permalink

800 each!!!

Harpoon Harry's?? I don't think they will let us in there. None of us are 60+!

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen on 2003-03-05 09:23 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-05 09:24 am   Permalink

I'll cover the drinks at my hut, but the bus ride costs about $20 per person last time.

Also, if Madam and I decide not to have hot food, maybe some folks could bring chips, dip, and spam masubi!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 09:34 am   Permalink

How about Li's Egg Rolls!?

I'd be happy to bring 'em if that won't be too much trouble.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nui Nui 2
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-05 09:38 am   Permalink

I would love to join you guys (and girls), but can't say for sure yet. Have to coordinate the Misses schedule and a babysitter. So maybe I'll meet up with you guys as you roll through Newport. Would love to actually meet some of you people face to face. Remember Ben pretend like we don't know each other, no stories about rakes and shovels.

View Profile of Nui Nui 2 Send a personal message to Nui Nui 2  Email Nui Nui 2     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation