FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Orange County Tiki Crawl 3/29/03
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Orange County Tiki Crawl 3/29/03
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 09:47 am   Permalink

Nui,
If she catch's wind of it we'll just pretend we're talkin about Tiki Farm!!!

Pot luck Pu Pu's in exchange for Booze at Bongs sounds good to me! I'll bring the Poi!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 10:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-05 09:04, Tiki_Bong wrote:
The bus holds about 20 people, so we'll divide the cost among the riders.

Arty & Tina
Al & Shelly
Polynesian Pop (you're kids forgot you)
Traderpup (maybe)
Bong & Madam Bong
Mr & Mrs Bamboo Ben
ChikiTiki (& the Mrs ?)
Sabu the Coconut Boy (& Tikibelle ?)
Dr Z & Z Girl
Floratina
Lucky Designs
WeirdUncleTiki
Tiki Rider Five-O

Are we gonna need a bigger boat?

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 10:27 am   Permalink

Here we go again, folks. C'Al has gotta go too, it was too funny when he dropped his nuts and we were all looking for them.Yes on Bong's pot-luck.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-05 10:42 am   Permalink

Uncle Arty, yeah, Li's eggrolls would be great. We have plates and stuff.

I think the bus we got last time held 20 but we could put more in. Also, I've noticed some people may want to meet up later and not take the bus (suckers!). We could always get a bigger bus.

Bamboo Ben, can you email me with the bus company we used last time. My brain cells that held that information are long gone now.

Nui Nui2, post as soon as you know if you and the misses are going on the bus.

(Oh, we're going on a Tiki Crawl, a Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Crawl. Everybody loves the Tiki Crawl, where Li's eggrolls are the kau kau on the Tiki Crawl. Oh we throw Baxdog's ass out into the sea, and all the Ama Ama start taking a pee ...)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 10:42 am   Permalink

At the SF Crawl and the OC Crawl we will perhaps be blessed with the presence of Iuka Grogg. We will need his uke expertise to really pull the singin-thang together.

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2003-03-05 13:38 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 10:55 am   Permalink

Yes, David, the drummer of Korn is half owner. He is a friend of Cory's so we always get taken care of there. David is an active owner and there often (good looking and charming for the ladies out there). The sushi is excellent (I'm not a sushi or fish person) but I just crave the crunchy roll (like a tempura shrimp roll) and the seared Ahi just melts in your mouth. They also make a flaming spicy tuna roll thing that is just yummy! Damn it! I'm wanting sushi and it's 9:40 AM! I don't think it matters who owns a joint as much as who makes the sushi or food (Cory also knows one of the sushi chefs). My son has had the teriyaki chicken and it, too, was excellent. My sister, not a sushi person (from Mass. an amazing cook, who used to own a catering business) came with a group of us a little while ago and was very impressed! Anyone is welcome to join us if they want.

We actually did a "crawl" similar to this a little over a week ago on a Thurs. but not tiki. We had Tuna Town for dinner, hit The Fling (the cheesiest bar in all of OC) closed down and after hours at The Continental Room in down town Fullerton (another small great lounge) These are must see if you're in the area!
Cory's in-so we'll meet up, but I need Tuna Town if I'm down there!

[ This Message was edited by: laney on 2003-03-05 11:00 ]

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-05 12:46 pm   Permalink

Laney,

I'm sorry for what I'm about to say, but - it DOES matter who owns the sushi bar! I am a purist in a number of things and sushi is one.

How exactly would you know a good sushi bar if you're not into sushi and only eat "crunchy rolls" and "spicy tuna". This is NOT sushi. There are a number of true sushi bars that would scoff at a request for 'spicy tuna' or 'California roll'.

A true sushi chef is one that spent 5 to 8 years in training doing nothing more than prep'ing rice, salad and fish. The next 5 years he MAY start preparing sushi. Emphasis on MAY.

Saying that the place downtown on Main street is a sushi bar is like saying Jimmy Buffet is exotica because it has some sort of tropical nature to it.

I've seen more than 1 sushi bar fail in my town, and I'll see how this one fares in a year or 2.

Now, I appreciate you and your posts so please excuse my typical a-hole critcal comments

Have a nice day!

(shouldn't someone in Korn open a corndog on a stick outfit at the mall)

Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2003-03-05 1:53 pm   Permalink

Bong,

You can cross Tikibelle off of the bus tally. Unfortunately her Spring Break ends just as our Tiki fun begins. This long-distance love-affair is grueling:

Sat, March 8th - Sabu & Tikibelle work the Renaissance Faire in Phoenix

Sat, March 15th - Tikibelle & Sabu go to Disneyland

Sat, March 22nd - Sabu & Tikibelle attend full-costume Victorian Ball in Pasadena

Sun, March 23rd - Tikibelle returns to Flagstaff

Sat, March 29th - An unconsolable Sabu is broken from his despondancy by being thrown into a bus with 20 insane tikiphiles to go drinking at tiki bars all over town.

Sun, March 30th - Sabu goes to church to do penance. Bong in bathroom with bad case of the Smokin' Menehunes.

That about sums up my schedule for the next few weekends. Torques my wingnuts.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 2:37 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-04-04 10:42 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LapuRocker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-05 3:19 pm   Permalink

OKay guys....I'm back. And we're goin' to drink some of my namesake's. Life is good. I've been on a mini-multiple vacation. Ready to get back to work. Tiki/Drinki. I'm there.

[ This Message was edited by: LapuRocker on 2003-03-05 15:21 ]

View Profile of LapuRocker Send a personal message to LapuRocker  Email LapuRocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 4:26 pm   Permalink

If I may, Bong (submission my ass) I was answering a question as to if they have anything other than sushi there. They have more traditional things there but those just aren't my taste. I was even surprised I liked the Ahi being a fish hater myself.
I love the analogies poeple (not just Bong) here make. Saying Tuna Town sucks because the owner and others didn't work in rice fields for years is like saying something's not tiki if it didn't come from Polynesia. Have you eaten there? Try something new, you may (gasp) like it. BTW, I'll be seeing you backstage, sucka!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-05 4:34 pm   Permalink

Uncle Arty,

Laney knows I'm probably joking.

Maybe it's time for "What the F*$&'s up with Bong" -

I've heard through the grapevine that some members have asked a certain member that I hang with "what's up with Bong, is he a a$* hole or what?".

You see folks, I'm really probably a nice, well, acceptable, well, tolerable guy. I mean hanging out with me is probably better the hanging with Saddam (except he has a cooler palace and more guns).

All my spastic scholastic life I was the class clown. I always thought "hey, no need to study or actually do any homework. Just be funny, make the kids laugh, piss the teacher off".

Luckily for me I went to school in the '70's, when anyone could graduate high (if you know what I mean) school.

Yeah, I get off on a tangent every now and then when the meds wear off and my prescription is out. Yeah, I seem to be an ultra-critical, pompus wacko on odd numbered Tuesdays and Thursdays in months that start with J, F, M, A, M, J, J, A, S, O, N, and D.

But if you can stand my BS for a few years, after a while you get used to it (probably).

(I guess I wasn't like this before the 'incident' at Jiffy Lube. I distinctly told the guy 'lube' not 'boob'. But I digress.)

Anyway, I tell ya all what. I'll more than likey, probably, tone it down a bit. Live and let Live I just might start saying. Hey, if someone else has a different opinion, I'm just gonna accept it. I mean isn't that what the 23 Amendment is all about?

So, live aloha (or I'll kill you)

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 5:10 pm   Permalink

You guys crack me up!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-05 6:12 pm   Permalink

Jeez Lapu,

We never hear from you until free booze is mentioned. Lucky said you were a tight wad. But seeing how you hanging with us at Kona, you're in!

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-05 6:19 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-04-04 10:43 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation