FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Orange County Tiki Crawl 3/29/03
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Orange County Tiki Crawl 3/29/03
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-06 11:52 pm   Permalink

Chiki, just checked out his work on that site, it is beautiful but some of the tikis have such human features that they really freak me out. I think I may have nightmares about that carving in the black cloak! I wish you could post pics of the new tikis at RH. I tend to like the more cartoony, abstract, and alien looking tikis which are less likely to come alive and kill at night!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-07 11:19 am   Permalink

******* NEWS FLASH ********

The Tiki Bus will be leaving Bong's Tiki Hut at 6:30 pm. Try to be there by 5:00 for drinks, food, and hopefully entertainment. (Baxdog will be dancing nude in a guilded cage).

Uncle Arty, The bus holds 28 or 29, but there's always Baxdog's lap. I really don't want to step up to the next bus because it's capacity is 40.

Human nature being what it is, some on the list will be 'no shows', or not make it on time. Anyone that still wants to go should NOT count themselves out. We WILL find a way to brings our tiki brothers and sisters with us.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-07 11:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-03-05 10:42, floratina wrote:
At the SF Crawl and the OC Crawl we will perhaps be blessed with the presence of Iuka Grogg. We will need his uke expertise to really pull the singin-thang together.

I know Iuka's in for the bus crawl. Some of the other Gents have shown just a little more than a glimmer of excitement for this. I'll let you know soon if any of 'ems'll be attending.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-07 1:08 pm   Permalink

Hey Tribal Bruddas & Sistas!

We'll just keep adding names to the list for those that wanna ride. If by some twist of fate we exceed 40, then we can step it up but I agree with you, Bong, there's always a no show rate. In fact, I should already know this since my job is to predict yields and make wait lists!

So Weird Unc, when you find out who's in just let us know and we'll add 'em to da list.

I'm also thinking about those last minute types like Crazy Al, Sven, etc. And where's SugarCaddy? I'm sure we'll get a few more after the SF Crawl. It's early, man!

Back to reading.

P.S. Alohas to Trustar! Long time, bro!

P.P.S. We're gonna need a bigger HUT!

Arty

Peace, Love & Tiki!

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-03-07 13:11 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-07 1:37 pm   Permalink

Uncle Arty,

As the date nears, do your crystal ball magic to predict the yield of tiki freaks. I can always see if there's time to get a bigger bus. I'm gonna play the line for now and stick with the 28 (29 on Baxdog's lap) bus.

Folks, I've been updating the list on page 3 of this post with the names of those going. If someone can't make it, please let me know. It will save the group $ by making the most efficient use of bus space.

Hey Al! I may need some of you mixology magic help with me behind the bar.

Mahalo

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - Hau'oli La Tiki!

PolyPop, your children have forgotten you!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-03-07 13:39 ]

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-07 2:55 pm   Permalink

I think that my girlfriend and one of her friends may be coming too. But there is no, and I mean no way that I'm letting her sit on Bax's lap.

Sorry Bax, I have inadequacy problems. Someday I'll work those out...

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LapuRocker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-07 4:41 pm   Permalink

Who's the Girlfriends friend, Lucky?

View Profile of LapuRocker Send a personal message to LapuRocker  Email LapuRocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-07 5:09 pm   Permalink

Oh, that's your ex-girlfriend...
She can sit on Bax's lap. It's fine with me....

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-03-07 8:16 pm   Permalink

Where exactly is the Royal Hawaiian? I know I was there last year on the OC crawl but since I didn't drive I don't recall the location. Lately I have had a REAL hankerin' for some tiki juice and tt looks like I am going to be in Laguna on Sunday. I'd rather be in San Francisco, but that's just not going to work out for me I'm afraid.

BTW: put me down for the 29th too. It doesn't look like I have any conflicts for that day and I am in need of a tiki fix.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-07 9:30 pm   Permalink

Sit on my face and tell me that you love me,
OOH sit on my face and tell me that you care?

I am actively trying to lose weight so I can have 3 extra places to sit, so sign up kiddies and enjoy the ride.

Laney, even cartoon TIKIS are going to eat you at night, they just eat while laughing.

Naked dancing in the cage will have to be postponed, I am scheduled to have an addadiktome the day before and will still have my tweedy bird bandage on. (sorry)

Hey sug dad cad sorry bout the virus! did it stop? you and Chiki and Hanford and Holden all sent me one today. I need the Penicilan (sp)

We need a bigger ship

PS. Just got my new Shag/Palm Springs print
yeehaw whoopie and friggen cool (I am not happy)

When you have to think it's real pull your chair in.
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-08 12:17 am   Permalink

Hey, if there's still room on the bus, Lady Velour and I would like to join in on all the fun. If you need to make room, Lady Velour can drive the bus

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-08 12:20 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-04-04 17:43 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-08 08:01 am   Permalink

Hey all. As you know both of my grandchildren are very tikified little folks. My kids have only shown a mild interest in the old mans addiction. Was I suprised when my son Joe decided he wanted to "get to the back of the bus" with us on the 29th. Please enscribe his temporary moniker, PuPu Joe, on the evergrowing bus list. Stand up!and be proud! We are are ready to kick some Tiki! We are an army of many!

Tiki ciao

Trustar

T

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-08 1:42 pm   Permalink

Allright folks, we have 30 so far. PLEASE REVIEW LIST ON PAGE 3 OF THIS THREAD TO VERIFY WHO IS GOING.

Uncle Arty, let's just have 1 list of those going, it'll be the one on page 3.

Trustar, we're going to be in bars and I don't think children (besides Baxdog) can get in.

Now, I'll check to see if a larger bus is still available or not. If it is I'll let you know. I'm sure it'll be more so that it will more than likely increase everyone's share of the cost.

Until then, I'll keep you posted (no pun intended).

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - Hau'oli La Tiki!

PolyPop, your children have forgotten you!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-03-08 18:27 ]

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-08 6:33 pm   Permalink

Hey you little Freaks!
Just got back from a few days at the Caliente Tropics with my bro C'Al! Count him in on the bus too. Even if I have to drag him on by the hair on his chinny, chin, chin! Has anyone seen Holden?

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation