FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Orange County Tiki Crawl 3/29/03
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Orange County Tiki Crawl 3/29/03
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-09 11:36 am   Permalink

Okay Bong, page 3 it is for the official count. I will edit my last count page to refer to p. 3.

We need to add PhiPhiPho and Mark (Seema's friend) as well as C'Al.

So that makes 35 to date (factor in no show rate at about 10% which puts us at 31.5 so far! ).

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-10 11:49 am   Permalink

A little bad news folks.

The next bus size up is 50 at $75/hour. I need to ask that any members inviting non-members let them know that they can come over to my place and drink and eat, but the bus driver is forbidden to drive with more that 30 passengers.

I'm going to edit the list on page 3 to only include TC members and my Ukulele player (sorry but she's 'in the band').

Remember, all can come over to my place to party and they can follow us on our stops, but only 30 on the bus.

Mahalo

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - Hau'oli La Tiki!

PolyPop, your children have forgotten you!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-03-10 11:59 ]

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 12:35 pm   Permalink

You don't think that there is anyway we could fill the 50 bus? I'd hate for people to be left out.
Just a thought.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-10 12:58 pm   Permalink

If anyone wants to reserve another bus, I'll email you with the phone number.

The flake rate runs about 10% so I really think the 30 passenger bus will work out.

Uncle Arty,

Where is you? Give me a call! Help!

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - Hau'oli La Tiki!

PolyPop, your children have forgotten you!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-03-10 13:00 ]

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 1:40 pm   Permalink

Hey Bong,

I'm in the office today and do not have access to my home email (I'm currently responding from a undisclosed third party location!). I sent you a private message with some options/ideas.

I understand your concern since you're coordinating the bus and fronting the money.

Pretty busy today so I may not get back to TC until after 6 pm tonight.

Maybe we can tribal council tonight or later in the week.

Who woulda thunk we'd turn into to a "member's only club."

Arty

Peace, Love & Tiki!

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-03-10 13:43 ]Hey

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-03-10 13:48 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 1:55 pm   Permalink

"members only".... geez.... we really are "hoiti toiti"!

And I like it!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 2:42 pm   Permalink

C.B. and I are gonna try and make it... We're ok driving our own car, unless there is room on the bus? If we make it c.b. will be a designated driver and 2 more can fit in our corolla (3 if you're really really good friends).

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-10 2:55 pm   Permalink

Hey! I want all to go that want to. Futura Girl and CB, thanks for offering you ride if we need it.

I think the flake out rate will work so all can get on the bus. The gal at the company said 'no way' to more than 30. Who knows if we kick the driver down a $20 maybe he'll over look it.

I love ya' all and we're gonna have fun (god damn it!)

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 2:57 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tribe!

Well, so much for my too busy for TC day! I've been giving this some thought and with all due respect to keeping the cost down, I think we will still be able to work within the $20 per person budget.

Here's how it breaks down:

50 person bus at $75 per hour for 6 hours (6:30 pm - 12:30 am) = $450
20 percent tip = $90

Total cost = $540

$540/30 Tiki Riders = $18 per Tiki person

Anymore than 30 riders LOWERS the cost per Tiki person.

$540/35 Tiki Riders = $15.43 per Tiki person

$540/50 Tiki Riders = $10.80 per Tiki person

This seems to make sense (cents!) to me.

I know there are a few folks out there we haven't heard from (it's still early). But it seems to me that the worst case scenario would be $18 per Tiki person which is lower than we intitially thought anyhoo. Much cheaper than a DUI or someone's life! This also keeps us open. However, I would like to impose a deadline for responses if we go with this option.

Bong, your thoughts? Anyone else?

Arty

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 3:21 pm   Permalink

Big bus or small bus - count me in. Size doesn't matter right? At least that's what I keep telling myself...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 5:13 pm   Permalink

I like the breakdown Arty. I think what you are saying makes alot of sense. I still have like four other friends that would love to go on the tour. They aren't members of TC but are good Americans none-the-less. I know that there are other people like Sabu that wanted to bring one of his friends that are not in TC. If it's cool with everyone else that these people go, then there is no way that this bigger bus will go to waste. They are really excited to hear the Menuhuens and see the bars. If it comes down to it, I'll buy a bunch of rum for the Lapus to cover them. I'll be at Bong's early anyway to help out with the sauce and to get the band in tune.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-10 5:59 pm   Permalink

I agree Arty. After just talking to Bong, I never ment to impose and bring a huge group of people to his house. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 12:32 am   Permalink

THAT'S IT BONG
Not going to party with good ol Americans.
No room for new meat.
RASCIST RACSIST what ever
I'm out

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 07:18 am   Permalink

Arty,

I think you need to change the name again. Sams is in Sunset Beach which is part of L.A county. Are my facts correct?

p.s. thanks PuP. It has aways been confusing. 310 on the other side of Warner on PCH. Cool!

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen on 2003-03-11 09:46 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-11 08:10 am   Permalink

I was surprised to find out that the OC border goes up and includes Seal Beach, so Sunset Beach and Sam's are safely behind the Orange Curtain!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation