FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hapa Haole Hideaway Rebuild Again! - Open
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Hapa Haole Hideaway Rebuild Again! - Open
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-28 10:28 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work Swanky!

So glad for you that your dream was finally realized, and all the hard work has payed off with a beautiful environment to enjoy drinks in!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki 65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-29 07:33 am   Permalink

Hey Swanky
I just noticed all the "Tikis" are looking at Becky the hula girl!

Except "Creepy" at the bar entrance and he has got his own agenda.

View Profile of tiki 65 Send a personal message to tiki 65  Goto the website of tiki 65     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-29 10:42 am   Permalink

Love it. Looks like an amazing place for a drink and relax.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-27 9:21 pm   Permalink

Your bar is very beautiful and classy looking. I like the paint colors you chose for the walls. At one point it looks like kitty wants to give some design ideas. Looks like you listened.

View Profile of mymotiki Send a personal message to mymotiki  Email mymotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-27 9:21 pm   Permalink

Your bar is very beautiful and classy looking. I like the paint colors you chose for the walls. At one point it looks like kitty wants to give some design ideas. Looks like you listened.

View Profile of mymotiki Send a personal message to mymotiki  Email mymotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ashman_atl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-27 10:13 pm   Permalink

Great space Swanky... definitely one of the bars on TC that motivated me to do a home bar. Looking forward to your updates (not that the place needs any!).

View Profile of ashman_atl Send a personal message to ashman_atl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 01:04 am   Permalink

Great looking space. I love the size of the bar. Looks like a professional setup more than a home bar. Nice work!
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 01:11 am   Permalink

Tiki splendor indeed. Time for an update in pictures!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 07:41 am   Permalink

Been a long winter with few updates. Entertaining some...

Note giant puffer in top left.

And new Japanese ships lamp in the center

New shell lamp behind the bar makes the PNG pieces better lighted as well as the work area

This pic you can see Ms Swanky's bamboo piece under the TV

I plan to do some major work in the coming month or so. Just little things here and there.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 08:53 am   Permalink

my my my. that is just fantastic.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 09:05 am   Permalink

Sort of hard to get a pic of this. It's a "rum barrel" that has a cut out to make it a display. Light inside. Just got it re-connected and put some Hukilau stuff in there for the short term. Still needs a dimmer and to figure out a better bunch of stuff for in it...

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2010-03-28 09:07 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Kahu
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-28 10:23 am   Permalink

Nice digs! Where did you FIND that giant PNG figure??? It's great.

GK

Tied by my Mai Tai...

View Profile of Grand Kahu Send a personal message to Grand Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 10:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-28 10:23, Grand Kahu wrote:
Nice digs! Where did you FIND that giant PNG figure??? It's great.

GK

I got him about 6-8 years ago from an anthropologist and collector in Indiana. Still can't believe it fit in the station wagon and I and a 14 year old boy loaded it...

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-28 7:54 pm   Permalink

Just looked at the progress from front to back and now I need to take a nap...I'm exhausted. Wow...that was a truckload of work. I want to know what goes in that little space under the floor...does the door still open from the outside...is it a bomb shelter now.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-28 7:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-28 19:54, VampiressRN wrote:
Just looked at the progress from front to back and now I need to take a nap...I'm exhausted. Wow...that was a truckload of work. I want to know what goes in that little space under the floor...does the door still open from the outside...is it a bomb shelter now.

In theory, everything on the left can be moved, the flooring rolled up, the subfloor and joists taken out and then you can moved big things in and out of the basement.

There is a bamboo couch down there that we'd like to move up to the bar, but it may not fit up the inside stairs. And if the washer or dryer dies... Dunno...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation