FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hapa Haole Hideaway Rebuild Again! - Open
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Hapa Haole Hideaway Rebuild Again! - Open
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-03 09:10 am   Permalink

I hope you are on high ground Swanky. The news doesn't look good.

Vic

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-03 09:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-27 11:40, phinz wrote:
Last night...

Outstanding hideaway!!!! Love it.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-03 09:26 am   Permalink

We're good here in East TN. Central TN got over 13 inches of rain in 2 days. That set a record for the month of May, on May 2nd!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-25 3:49 pm   Permalink

A weekend carving project I have put off for many many months. Redoing the bar front and the rafters.

Basic Maori carving design, and my wife figured out the whole thing could be made with one spiral stamp!

3/4 inch round bit.

Torching it to get rid of all sharp edges and to stain it in one step!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-25 4:00 pm   Permalink

Thats some fine lookin router work Tim.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-25 9:21 pm   Permalink

How the hell do you control that router in concentric passes without f'n it up.
... and what about your forearms - they must feel like rubber after every couple of feet!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-26 06:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-25 21:21, jpmartdog wrote:
How the hell do you control that router in concentric passes without f'n it up.
... and what about your forearms - they must feel like rubber after every couple of feet!

It was only an issue when I hit a knot here and there, but that was rare.

My lower back is the sorest. The work required leaning way over to be able to see under the router. It surprisingly made most of me sore. Legs, back, arms...

I'll get more pics soon. The next step I left off here. I took a tire brush, a big stiff brush and scrubbed everything. That worked the carbon around and evened out the tone. It also cleaned it a bit. Last step is to wipe it with a cloth to really clean it and it actually puts a shine on it.

And then, install! w00t!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 1:07 pm   Permalink

Great stuff, Tim. Great router control too!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 1:40 pm   Permalink

Looking good! I wish I was that good with a router.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 5:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-27 13:40, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Looking good! I wish I was that good with a router.

Hell, I wish I had ever TOUCHED a router.

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 12:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-26 06:04, Swanky wrote:

My lower back is the sorest. The work required leaning way over to be able to see under the router. It surprisingly made most of me sore. Legs, back, arms...

Tim, very nice work on these!

If you can get or make a high table or workbench, then get a height adjustable chair or stool it will help you loads. I clamp my work down and try to get the piece at chest level while I carve it. Easy on the back and easier on the arms the higher you can go, and you can get a good look at what you're doing.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 06:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-28 00:11, Lake Surfer wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-10-26 06:04, Swanky wrote:

Tim, very nice work on these!

If you can get or make a high table or workbench, then get a height adjustable chair or stool it will help you loads. I clamp my work down and try to get the piece at chest level while I carve it. Easy on the back and easier on the arms the higher you can go, and you can get a good look at what you're doing.

Good advice... but I am about done! I just have to finish the rafters piece and do one more, and it's all over for a long while. Can't wait to install the trim on the bar front this weekend. It's been about a year and a half with the quick fix in place...

claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 08:08 am   Permalink

http://tikiroom.com/img/112x4a91ee7a.jpg

I've wanted to do some hanging tiles in my bar but can't seem to find them anywhere. They came out looking great on your bar. Where did you find them?

View Profile of claq50 Send a personal message to claq50      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 11:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-28 08:08, claq50 wrote:
http://tikiroom.com/img/112x4a91ee7a.jpg

I've wanted to do some hanging tiles in my bar but can't seem to find them anywhere. They came out looking great on your bar. Where did you find them?

Many many hours searching Ebay...

JackLord
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 2:09 pm   Permalink

Love it. Great work.

View Profile of JackLord Send a personal message to JackLord      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation