FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hapa Haole Hideaway Rebuild Again! - Open
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Hapa Haole Hideaway Rebuild Again! - Open
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-23 12:30 am   Permalink

what's on the ceiling in the tapa room ? Is that brown paint ?
I love the orange walls, really nice.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-23 03:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2008-09-01 16:45, Swanky wrote:
The ceiling in the Tapa room is a lighter brown and the rafters and door is a dark brown.

Oops, sorry, I got my answer

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-23 12:02 pm   Permalink

Track Lighting ???

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-27 7:36 pm   Permalink

I trust your vision Swanky. It's looking very nice so far, and I'm sure the track lighting will work well too.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-16 1:54 pm   Permalink

Any update? I'm curious to see how this one progresses.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-20 11:37 am   Permalink

Been doing other projects and stuff that isn't really visible. Here is a little update.

We replaced the big flourescent lights in the bar with these from Home Depot. They have a nautical look. These are just the clean up lights and will be off when we are using the bar. Not really bright, but should do the job. The larger round one only came in white, so we had to spray paint it. Moved the small light to the ceiling instead of the rafter so we can add carved trim to the rafter.

Here is the first shelf in the display area. It's about 2 X 6 feet. The top shelf will have lighting built into it for this shelf. Should have them done maybe by the end of the day. Lots of waiting for paint to dry.

Later...

The top shelf is in. Plenty of shelf room and room on the wall for framed ephemera and maybe a secodn higher mug shelf.

With the lights under it for the second shelf.

Coming together. Still need the dimmer on the track lights. Need to finish painting the cords and route that cord under the bottom shelf, but can't do that till it is all finialized. Still need to get under there and put in the flooring and over it install the speaker...

Your key to Beachbum Berry's books. Login and start concocting!

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2008-10-20 13:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2008-10-20 13:27 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 7:35 pm   Permalink

You're killin' me! Quit your job, work on it all day and all night, drink lotsa coffee! I'm ready to see some bar work and ceiling work and bamboo and...and....and....so on. Joking aside, take your time and get it right. I wish I'd have taken the time to really consider outlet placement, etc. Lookin' good.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 10:39 pm   Permalink

YEAH,YEAH! What he said! Sleep is for sissies!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-24 4:44 pm   Permalink

Lord. Had the day off today and you know what all I got done? I hung one freakin black out blind from IKEA. I nearly killed my cats. Unimabinable troubles... May get the floor in this weekend. That will be dramatic. Can't wait. After that, the bar! YEAH! Oh. We got the mini split heat pump this week too. That goes in soon. We may yet be on track to serve the first drinks in November... Maybe...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-25 2:58 pm   Permalink

So much work to get to this point.

The padding under the flooring.

Laid out the flooring for the room(s). We'll let this flatten over night and see if we can't get it installed tomorrow.

Can't wait! This dark wood flooring is going to really make the room.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-26 5:45 pm   Permalink

Floor is in. Trimmed up. Tomorrow I will get the baseboards and trim in place and it will be done.

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-26 9:37 pm   Permalink

Coming together nicely Tim. Call me when it's done!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 4:55 pm   Permalink

Yeah! Floor is done!

Yikes. Need to wipe off that board down there. Still covered in drywall dust. Or at least never use a flash again...

The big chest under the shelf is circa 1890 and sturdy as hell. It will hold menus and other ephemera and double as seating when needed. Yes, it's that sturdy.

Baseboards, trim amd bamboo trim around all the tapa cloth.

And, in the "it's always something" category, that spot was meant for the Guanko. But, we extended the length of the subfloor OSB so there would be a big overhang where we will install a rope light. And then you add baseboard on the left and trim on the flooring on the right and you end up with being about 1/4 inch short of the Guanko fitting. SO, I will have to dismantle the base and trim it down and reassemble it so it will fit...

Next. we start on the bar!
But, I think I caught Ms Swanky's cold. It has had her sidelined for a week now...

Your key to Beachbum Berry's books. Login and start concocting!

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2008-10-27 16:58 ]

Fugu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 6:47 pm   Permalink

Everything looks great so far! I can't wait to see all of the decor added in. I've always thought the pictures of the previous incarnations of your hideaway were fantastic, so it's really fun (and educational) to see this version being built from the ground up.

Edited for terrible spelling. I guess that is what the handy spell check button is for.

[ This Message was edited by: Fugu 2008-10-27 18:48 ]

View Profile of Fugu Send a personal message to Fugu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 6:48 pm   Permalink

Looks great! Keep us updated!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation