FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI FREAKout Art show @ Closing Reception this Saturday 8/9 7p.m. til Midnight
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
TIKI FREAKout Art show @ Closing Reception this Saturday 8/9 7p.m. til Midnight
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 12:03 pm   Permalink

See Tony, thats what you get for caring about the environment.
Tony, sorry to hear about the Veggie burner!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 12:07 pm   Permalink

wheres the pics is everyone still recovering????

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 12:41 pm   Permalink

That sucks for us Tony . I was looking for you last night . I wanted to show my girlfriend your ink art cause it makes me jealous what you can do with a pen .Ive been a fan since I met you at the Long Beach Tikifest .
I dont know why you pulled into a gas station though . You could have pulled into a 24 hour Albertsons and picked up a few gallons of high octane Wesson . Or even high grade virgin olive oil .They make that stuff from really ugly olives . We had a great time at the show and what a turnout . Its really a compliment to all the carvers I guess but people just couldnt keep from touching the tikis . I was a nervous wreck . They are really fragile and extremely heavy as well . We even had a person who drew blood from a splinter . I was tempted to sign it for him . But it is coool that they just want to feel the texture . Thanks to all the people who came and a BIG BRAVO to all the artists .Except Clydesdale who hurt one of my last feelings talking about my new tattoo . Just kidding ....

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swangulo Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-20 1:12 pm   Permalink

Yes, someone post some pictures, please!
Hope it went well - Rory, you got together an incredible artist line-up for this show.
This is one event I probably have crossed the Orange Curtain for, but we were celebrating my b-day, then Mike had a gig at the illustrious Redondo Beach VFW afterward. Good times, but I'm bummed we didn't get to Freak-Out.

Terra
Swangulo Tikis

View Profile of Swangulo Tikis Send a personal message to Swangulo Tikis  Goto the website of Swangulo Tikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 1:13 pm   Permalink

Just got back into Palm Springs 5 Minutes ago and boy my arms are tired!!!!!!!! (Bad Joke)
We had a great time last night with the Freaky fan's of Tiki. I want to thank all the fan's and Artist who showed up,and most of all the fan's who opened their wallets for some great art at some great prices. We will be releasing photo's of the art with prices later this week........Here is some e group shots for you.............

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 1:19 pm   Permalink

I had a great time last night!! Some of the art work there is Fucking Incredible!! I really liked Babalou's Rabit Tiki's (really cool to look at when its 420)!!! I really like Big Toes stuff. Another one of my favorites was Miles Thompson's painting. Kinnys stuff is fricken rad to see in person too!! I am stoked to be around such cool, friendly, and insightful artists!! Life is good ---oh and the "FUN" was totaly free!!! Rock On!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2008-07-20 2:01 pm   Permalink

WooHoo! What a Tiki-rrific Show - Mahalo to Wildsville Man, The Light Gallery Ohana, & all the Artists that helped to make this such a great event

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 3:05 pm   Permalink

Nice digs, the pics are awesome, musta' been a hell of an opening.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 3:55 pm   Permalink

Great times! Great people! Great art! Great Fucking FUN!

Rory, keep on putting on these great events.

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 4:26 pm   Permalink

Good Times!

Nice to see everyone!

Actualy took some time to look at the art this time.

Awesome Show !!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 4:55 pm   Permalink

the opening was here...wish u were beautiful.

beware of 'Nibbler' cocktials.

head hurting...must turn off light.

alohas, bT

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 5:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks Rory and The Light Gallery, Dani and I had a great time, Nice to see all the fantastic art on display, And to see all the fantastic artist! Thanks all of you! Great to see you!

Dani gives kisses to all the artist, Very Cool Art!

With-In walking distance from the gallery is La Cave restaurant, In a basement, With a very cool, Swank-Lounge feel, Dinner and drinks is about half a C-note per person with very good food!

Thanks All, Cheers! Rory, Kinny, and Bamboo Ben! Gogo
Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 5:46 pm   Permalink

Mahalos to Rory, Light Gallery and all the artist that made this a fun
and memorable event .My head is still spinning.Pictures to follow shortly.
Cheers,
Trader Bill

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 6:01 pm   Permalink

Good times.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 7:09 pm   Permalink

Hodaddy: I was under the impression that Ultra Tang was what the astronauts drank. But I like yours more betterer!!!

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation