[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Big Interior Remodel, Starts on page 3
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Big Interior Remodel, Starts on page 3
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-16 5:51 pm   Permalink

Here are some pic's of the start of our patio conversion. I have been going to start this project for a few months now. I am looking for comments on weather to leave the brick or cover it over with something. I'll be running more electrical in the ceiling for future lamps.

1st wall framing up.

2nd wall framing starting & our mesy patio.

Overall view of patio.

Walls sheeted with OSB.

1st wall covered with lauhala & patog matting.

2nd wall with table to cover sprinkler valves & a spot for TV & stereo. Still deciding what type of wall covering to use here.
Also, in these last pictures are a few of my Thrift Store & E-Bay finds. The 2 chairs & the surf picture came from a Thrift Store, the little square tables,the Hawaii bone sign, & the tall mask were garage sale items. None were over $25. I'll be pasting more as I progress.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiPops 2009-06-15 19:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TikiPops 2009-08-25 10:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TikiPops 2011-06-05 14:32 ]

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-16 9:34 pm   Permalink

Looks good so far, nice bargain finds. Bricks are not usually considered a traditional Polynesian building material but it's your patio and you should do what pleases you. You could frame over them and cover them with more matting. If money were no object you could cover them with stone veneer. Or you can leave them and declare them imported Krakatoan volcanic fire-bricks.

PS looks like the dog needs ironing (Shar Pei?)

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 6:11 pm   Permalink

Here are some updated photos on the progress of the patio. I also made 3 new lamps. I will be starting the covering of brick in a couple of weeks. There are a few shots of the back yard. I have a long way to go on the yard.

Wall covered with reed fencing, new garage sale shelf with a few mugs.

I also burned all the bamboo.

Here are lamps. The table lamps were from candle holders picked up at Goodwill. I used a piece of 1" bamboo & fence post tops for the base. Burned the base & the bamboo & varnished. The hanging lamp I made after visiting Bamboo Ben's store. I figured I could do that. Sorry Ben!

Here they are at night.

Here's the patio at night.

I added a planter out by the pool.

The backyard needs a lot. Need to do something with that ugly block wall.

I guess I'll go back to work now.

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gonegoannas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-25 6:13 pm   Permalink

Looking good. I guess I should go work on my room too.

Jeff

View Profile of gonegoannas Send a personal message to gonegoannas  Email gonegoannas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-26 08:31 am   Permalink

That is coming along nicely...keep up the great work. Beautiful furniture too.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-26 10:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks Jeff, you need to post some new pictures of your room.

Vampiress, Thanks for checking it out. All the furniture is either from garage sales or Goodwill. The hunting is just as fun as the building.

Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-26 11:22 pm   Permalink

Quick suggestion, build a large box/crate with the word coconuts or rum or whatever to hide the stereo in. It'll make the whole effect look better and it'll help protect your stereo outside.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DejaVoodoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-27 10:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-26 23:22, Matt Reese wrote:
Quick suggestion, build a large box/crate with the word coconuts or rum or whatever to hide the stereo in. It'll make the whole effect look better and it'll help protect your stereo outside.

How INGENIOUS! What a simple idea that would totally complete the illusion! Love it!
Peace,
Peter

View Profile of DejaVoodoo Send a personal message to DejaVoodoo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 7:46 pm   Permalink

Here are some pictures of the starting of our outdoor tikr bar. The bar & back counter with sink were given to me by a neighbor who was remodeling his family room. Pictures are from original sketch thru work done to date. I'll be posting more pictures soon. I am shooting for mid July completion.

Here is my concept sketch.

Here is the concrete deck excavated.

Deck poured, the deck is 10'x10', block out is for water supply & drain.

Checking layout of bar & back counter.

Framing up. It basically a four post cover that is self supporting. I did not attach it to the side of garage.

The rafters which are not in these pictures yet will be slightly higher than the garage roof. Rain will still drain into rain gutter as usual.

Our pool is 16" higher than our backyard. The short side of the bar will have two short stools.

The brick colums are going to wrapped & covered.

TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-21 4:30 pm   Permalink

Another weekend of work. Here are a few pictures of the A-frame roof going up & picture of the inner bar area. The bar stools in the pictures, I picked up at a yard yesterday for $3 each.

Just a few more finishing touches on tthe roof & then the tiki-fying can start.
One of my Father's Day gift's was a red float lamp to hang from main beam. I can't wait to get it hung.

Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-21 9:01 pm   Permalink

Very nice!!!!
It's amazing how good you can make a space look from the Goodwill, most of the stuff in mine is from the GW or Savers other than the wood and wall covering.

I really dig that A frame!!!

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-21 9:10 pm   Permalink

Cool! Keep the updates coming.

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-07 10:59 pm   Permalink

Here's some of the latest pictures. Still waiting for Oceanic Arts shipment of new bamboo.
Beams stained

Beginning of framing for shelves under bar

New float lamp & scalloped beam, the lower beams will scalloped also.

New lamp I made from a goodwill basket & a palapa cap

Acouple of night shots

Hopefully this weekend I can start the bamboo & lauhala.

TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-19 9:53 pm   Permalink

Here are some new pictures of the good stuff starting. Bamboo on the front of the bar.

Palapa on the roof, rafter ends trimmed, & orange paint on the A-Frame.

Bar front complete.

Matting up on back wall.

I built a soffit to hide the rain gutter on the inside area of the bar & covered it with tapa cloth I picked up at a thrift store.

Full view from the yard.

View from the pool.
Now I can start adding decorations & shelves. Any suggestions as to what I should put on the front of the A-frame? I'll be looking for something while at Oasis.

Other night shot.

Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-20 1:43 pm   Permalink

Wow! When's happy hour?

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation