[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Big Interior Remodel, Starts on page 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Big Interior Remodel, Starts on page 3
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 10:41 am   Permalink

Finally recovered from Oasis. Here are a few pic's of items purchased at Oasis for the bar.
First is a lamp made by KAHAKA. It really looks great. KAHAKA makes awesome lamps!

Here is a craving for the A-frame.

Party Time.

Night close-up

Party winding down.

Thanks for looking.
Mike

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 11:16 am   Permalink

Wow great job, looks awesome. Can't wait to see more!!!

I am wish the other half would agree to doing a backyard A-frame bar but she says "no way you already took over the basement".

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Zen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 2:13 pm   Permalink

That carving over the A-frame is the perfect compliment!

View Profile of Tiki Zen Send a personal message to Tiki Zen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-05 6:13 pm   Permalink

We started this remodel about a year ago. We have had a country style for over 30 years. When it came time to change it up my wife agreed to a tropical theme. Not Tiki, but sort of a tropical resort style. The main rule was no mugs or tiki's in the living room. So here is where we started.

I demo'ed brick from the side of the fireplace to make a pop out. The brick will be covered with drywall, and some cool sconces added to each side of the fireplace.

I also removed brick from this wall too. The blue paneling will be removed & replaced with drywall.

This is the layout for an opening cut into this wall. The other side will become my lounge/office.

This layout will be an exterior window to bring more light in the living room.

Here are a couple more views of the room. I also scraped the acoustic ceiling.

Window framing in place.

Here is the wall cut out. We decided to cut all the way to the door opening. We installed a steel post to stiffen up the wall.

Drywall in place.

We drywalled over the brick on the fireplace, & added electrical for sconce lights.

Added caned ceiling lights for art work accents.

Custom wood window installed.

Fireplace with paint & wall sconces.

I designed this cabinet/display/wine holder, then had it built.

Here is the living room today. Still need a mantel & hearth, base boards & crown molding.

Note the tiki mugs on & in the cabinet. I don't know how long they will be there, but at least they're in the picture. The furniture is craigslist find.
You can see the lounge in the back ground of one of the shots. I'll post some progress pictures of the lounge soon.

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-06 12:12 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting. Great work on that bar.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
evel

Posted: 2011-06-06 1:57 pm   Permalink

Man that is really damn cool!!

View Profile of evel Send a personal message to evel  Goto the website of evel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-07 10:29 am   Permalink

New interior is looking great! Curious to see how long the mugs stay in the living room. Great job!

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-07 7:42 pm   Permalink

Kon-Hemsby, evel & littlegiles, thanks for checking our remodel. It's been a long year doing this project as money & time permits. The mantel went in this weekend. The granite hearth will go in later this week. Still looking for just the right stuff for walls, but that's the fun part.

Here are couple pictures of the hearth & all of lighting accenting everything.

Here are some progress shots of my lounge/office.
I painted the acoustic ceiling black & the upper portion of the walls a sea foam green.

Next was the installation of Lauhala matting on 3 walls.

I wanted a darker contrast to the sea foam green paint so I stained the Lauhala & the bamboo poles a dark brown. Like the Dagger Bar at Don The Beachcomber.

No pictures of staining the bamboo. I used a 50/50 mixture of stain & varnish. It still took a week to dry. Does anyone know if the mixture should have different?
Here the bamboo is installed.

Here's where I am today. Furniture back in place & some stuff up on the walls.

I am planning on a mug shelf around the top of the room & I have a lot more art to get framed & hung up.

Thanks, Mike

Trader Mitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-19 07:50 am   Permalink

Very nice remodel Tikipops!. Classy and sylish tropical look.
And of course you have the bar when you need to go into full tiki mode!

View Profile of Trader Mitch Send a personal message to Trader Mitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-06-19 10:06 am   Permalink

Wow...nice work...your fireplace looks awesome. Love the colors you are using. FABULOUS!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation