FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The 8th Tiki Central Tiki Crawl -- October 9-12, 2008 - UPDATE: Official Mug and more announced!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
The 8th Tiki Central Tiki Crawl -- October 9-12, 2008 - UPDATE: Official Mug and more announced!
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-06 6:15 pm   Permalink

I am normally too busy to do this myself, but most definitely! It's a great way for out-of-towners to experience Tiki in the SF Bay Area!

Quote:

On 2008-07-05 22:26, Haole'akamai wrote:
Hanford, have you ever had local TC Ohana host out-of-towners?

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-06 11:09 pm   Permalink

Well, Then I volunteer to coordinate.

PM me if you are interested in Hosting/Being Hosted. Let me know which days you'll be attending, if there are requirements/requests, etc.

First come - first served?

Cheers!

Quote:

On 2008-07-06 18:15, hanford_lemoore wrote:
I am normally too busy to do this myself, but most definitely! It's a great way for out-of-towners to experience Tiki in the SF Bay Area!

Quote:

On 2008-07-05 22:26, Haole'akamai wrote:
Hanford, have you ever had local TC Ohana host out-of-towners?

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-06 11:12 pm   Permalink

Oh I'll be crawlin' cuz if I don't, I'll be bawlin'...

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-09 11:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-05 23:35, Mai Tai wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-07-05 21:45, Nytshaed wrote:
I'm trying to reserve a room, and the code isn't working. Anyone else having that problem?

The code is most definitely active by now. If you cannot get it to work online, then for now simply call the Phoenix Hotel and reserve your room with the code that way. Right now it's late Saturday night in the middle of a holiday weekend, but we'll look into it, see what the deal is, and get any problems resolved asap.

I called The Phoenix Hotel and the reservation agent wasn't able to find the Promo Code in their system. The reservation agent transferred me to another line and they were finally able to make the reservation. Room Rate was $139 plus tax for Thurs. and $159 for Fri. & Sat. plus tax. (Free Parking and continental breakfast included)

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2008-07-09 13:23 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 3:57 pm   Permalink

Okay, I just got off the phone with the General Manager of the Phoenix Hotel. They set up the promo code to be used only when you call in to make your reservation, but it's not set up for their website. The reason for this is that they don't have a very flexible website that would allow you to apply the promo code to your online reservation across various dates. So you must physically call the Phoenix Hotel at 1 800-248-9466 to use the promo code Tiki Crawl 8 when making your reservation.

I repeat, in order to get the promo code discount, you must call the Phoenix Hotel to book your reservation, and give them the promo code Tiki Crawl 8 over the phone when booking your reservation. Please be patient with the staff if they don't know about the promo code right away - the folks at the Phoenix Hotel are good people, so it might take an extra minute or two to set this up, but they will definitely be willing to help.

Also, the promo code discount applies to a couple of days before and after the crawl, to give you a discount in case you are coming in from out of town and want to start your vacation early, or extend it after the Crawl. So feel free to take advantage of that if you want to extend your stay for some added San Francisco Bay Area sightseeing fun and frolicking.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 4:12 pm   Permalink

Getting all Sven-like this summer, I have to skip Tales of the Cocktail, Tiki Oasis, and Hot Rod Hula ope this summer, due to some intense work commitments.

I think that my long-overdue return to the Bay Area may very well happen this coming October.

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-19 12:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-06 13:27, mrsmiley wrote:
Where exactly is the bus picking up and dropping off in SF?-"the foot of the bay bridge" is a little vague.

Yes please.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 01:21 am   Permalink

We're working hard on the crawl itinerary, as well as some super cool stuff and surprises for the crawl. We're hoping to post a detailed schedule and itinerary on the website soon, as soon as we nail down a few details. So, this isn't the official word, but since the Phoenix Hotel is the official hotel of the Crawl, having the bus start there for Saturday sounds like the logical thing to do. Again, that's not the official word, yet. And Thursday is an entirely different matter all together!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 06:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-05 15:34, hanford_lemoore wrote:
The website is launched, Hotels announced, Mailing List is back, and more:

Tiki Central's Tiki Crawl 8 -- Official site!

~Hanford

Nice background for the site. Dig those crazy Tiki Bobs

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 10:52 pm   Permalink

Its official. I'm in.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 08:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-12 22:52, tikibars wrote:
Its official. I'm in.

In what? Let us know if you get stuck and need to get out again.

See ya in SF.

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-29 2:09 pm   Permalink

I'm trying to see if I can swing this as I just found out Southwest has a "supersaver web" tickets for $49 one-way.

I need a little help. I checked the official TC Crawl site, I feel rather dumb, but couldn't find out what time the actual crawl starts on the 9th. I'm checking flights and checking to see if I should fly in on Wed. or Thurs morning.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-08-29 2:46 pm   Permalink

The crawl will kick off on Thursday, October 9th at 4:00PM in San Francisco. 601 Eddy St. to be exact.

Please stay tuned for announcement very very shortly, as we just hammered out the final details yesterday.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-29 10:54 pm   Permalink

Updated! We've announced the schedule and locations of the crawl!

Bus Tickets coming soon ....

Visit
http://www.tikicrawl.com for all the details!

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CP
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-30 08:52 am   Permalink

no sense in going home for those 4 days

View Profile of CP Send a personal message to CP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation