FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events king kukulele presents the floating luau at the tonga hut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
king kukulele presents the floating luau at the tonga hut
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 2:24 pm   Permalink

You guys are the tikiest! Thanks for the drinks Grog! An incredibly fun evening and King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis were in top form as usual!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-29 08:34 am   Permalink

I had a blast. It was great seeing The King in such a intimate place like the Tonga Hut, doing his own show. Hula Girls, Great music, The King's witty imrov...awesome.
Hey, King, thanx for doin' the "Don't Fear the Reaper" ...where's that damn cowBELL when you need it ?
Nice meeting Tobunga, and it was great hangin' with JoeBanks, GROG, Kirby, Polly, and everyone else.

I hope he does this again at Tonga Hut soon.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-29 11:07 am   Permalink

It was an awesome night, I had a center-stage booth directly in front of King Kukulele. You couldn't get a better seat, unless you sat on the floor. I take that back, Daniel had a fine seat right on stage as dancers circled about. The music, wit, rum and tikiness of the evening washed over me like a warm, fuzzy blanket. Tonga Hut is a great cozy place.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-29 5:48 pm   Permalink

...and King....thanks for the rum!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-30 09:53 am   Permalink

Glad I was able to stop by and say hello -- albeit late!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-30 10:06 am   Permalink

A bit late? YOU MISSED EVERYTHING!!!!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-30 11:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-30 10:06, GROG wrote:
A bit late? YOU MISSED EVERYTHING!!!!

You mean the orgy?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-30 4:48 pm   Permalink

Hi all,

Just wanted to say Thank You to all that participated last Friday at the Tonga Hut in North Hollywood. I had a great time, met some really nice people and experienced a time-warp of a trippy, good-feeling kind. I was transported back to a mid-century environment and loved every moment of it.
King Kukulele, you rock. The Friki Tikis were great as well and the hula dancers and free rum samples were all icing on the cake - fantastic. But the one moment I'll always cherish is discovering that Ana, one of the owners, shares the same last name as me. We could be family! A special Thank You goes to my dear friend TikiMango who drove me to the event in the first place.

CHEERS! TikiG

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-30 9:45 pm   Permalink

Q-tiki and I had the best time and we had the best seat in the place. What a great show that was. Nice seeing all of you, Kirby it was nice seeing you. Hope we can do this again soon. King Kukulele you are the best.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 7:08 pm   Permalink

Photo time! Thanks to TikiG (not to be confused with Tiki G) for bringing his camera and getting some great shots. Here are a few worth sharing.

King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis

Standing room only in the Hut... Hut... The Tonga Hut

Crazy Al getting up close and personal

King Kukulele, "Which to drink first, Gold Mahiki or Silver Mahiki?"

The Polynesian Paradise Dancers

The front of The Tonga Hut at night

TikiMango enjoying the free sample of the Mahiki Rum

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation