FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving twin marquesan free standers carved, by tiki thomas
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
twin marquesan free standers carved, by tiki thomas
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-23 5:43 pm   Permalink

Yeah! Thaz what Im talkin 'bout! BIG! Lookin great so far. What kinda palm?

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-23 11:01 pm   Permalink

thanks everybody, im not sure bout the type of palm, mexican fan palm? what ever it was it wa smy last log from the batch i picked up from buzzy a while back

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-26 1:44 pm   Permalink

update, finished carving a little moai, the wood sucks, alot of cracks and kind of fibery, good thing i carved a moai with it, i think moais look cool with cracks in em. but it looked a little plain so i carved some maori style tattoos on him. when i finish a little more sanding im gonna stain him black and paint the tattoos in red. I also did more work on ku, but no pic.

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-26 2:06 pm   Permalink

Kewl! That guy is unique! I think you made some fine choices. And Man that was quick!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-26 2:14 pm   Permalink

thanks surfin tiki, i actually had it done to this point about a week ago, ive just been to lazy/busy to take a pic of it

AKUAE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-27 05:56 am   Permalink

Aloha TikiThomas
great Tiki stuff - i love your work
go on and let rock your Tikis

mahalo
Akuae

View Profile of AKUAE Send a personal message to AKUAE  Goto the website of AKUAE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-27 07:43 am   Permalink

Tom-Tom (your new name) - these look amazing. Rock on!!!!!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-27 11:37 am   Permalink

Looks really nice. Love the combo of culture. Can't wait to see it complete.

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-27 1:10 pm   Permalink

akuae, cam-cam, and tikilizard

many thanks! i think ill be done with him today, ill post a pic when im done with the sanding, staining, and painting

tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-03 9:32 pm   Permalink

finished sealing the moai today, and i finished off the tiki belt puckle, another pendant, and another palm frond base carving. i also scored the mother load for logs, i got a truck load of 22 great palm logs and 2 palms stumps, score!

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 9:13 pm   Permalink

Cool I like! Man love the combo going on NICE WORK!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 9:33 pm   Permalink

looks cool!

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 1:12 pm   Permalink

been workin like a mad dog to get more tikis done and a nother painting done, its still gonna be close, cross your fingers! ill post a pic tonight of my oasis line up

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 3:10 pm   Permalink

Nice job T Thomas, that Palm is not the easiest to get those spirals out of.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-19 01:30 am   Permalink

while i was uploading my oasis pics i also uploaded pics of my latest works.

here is my new favorite carving of mine "You Finkin' What Im Finkin'?"

he's also hollowed out enough inside to hide a bottle of rum

back view

my signature

i finished that maori moai, i call it "the lava maori moai" this was the first thing i sold at oasis

I finished carving,staining and sealing the Ku. I also sold him at oasis

back view

and i did a new painting
"Bali Hai Stylhaized" play on words, hehe

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation