FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » chunk swag lamps
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
chunk swag lamps
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 07:39 am   Permalink

offer him 10 bucks for it ,stevie

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 09:10 am   Permalink

Hello all sorry if I’m coming into this thread kind of late, we have been collecting all kinds of vintage resin swag lamps for years.
Sven may remember, but wasn’t there a guide (for the resin lights) floating around 10-12 (?) years ago? I think Dug first showed it to me and I had some Japanese customers show up with one but haven’t seen it since. Does anyone here have a copy, it was a B+W type deal not very professionally produced, but there were some manufactures names, a picture of the lamp, etc… It really fueled my interest in finding more pieces.

I suspect most of the lamps (pictured) were professionally made because the home made jobs really stick out.

First off as you see they were popular enough an item to buy at Sears also you’ll see some of the designs (from earlier in the thread) in question.

A few of ours below, sorry for the poor quality I just shot them quickly otherwise I would never have gotten around to posting.

First is the ultra cool space age shape obviously professionally made.

Next home made crazy, you can’t see but it has huge bubbles and all kinds of
shapes floating in the panels.

Next the three on top are manufactured (it would have been something to see them spin the liquid resin on the back lamps) the bottom is someone’s project.

Thanks for looking,

My very best alohas,

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-01 10:08 am   Permalink

I LOVE resin lamps. I have a few hangin around the house. Always looking for more on ebay, but sometimes they do get expensive.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 9:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-29 22:44, bananabobs wrote:
croe67, Sweet find! And in TIKIDAVID's neck of the woods. Ohio's got everything!

Quote:

On 2008-10-01 07:39, TIKI DAVID wrote:
offer him 10 bucks for it ,stevie

Hey TIKIDAVId, I was not knocking you, but it seems that you confuse easily.
I called you out at the beginning of this tread because I felt you were playing games, You responded very rudely, very un-Tiki Central, I backed out and tried to make nice to keep the peace but with cracks like this, and others, you wont back off.
Dude, chill.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-06 11:09 am   Permalink

Found this candle holder and lamp while thrifting a while ago.

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shampoovta
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-08 5:44 pm   Permalink

I like these lamps. They are like clunky dilithium crystals.

View Profile of shampoovta Send a personal message to shampoovta  Goto the website of shampoovta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-09 10:45 am   Permalink

here's my addition ,
30 dollars worth of white jagged glory with a blue bulb!
(moved over to the show me your swag thread),sorry

[ This Message was edited by: TIKIVILLE 2009-01-15 11:01 ]

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-09 11:18 am   Permalink

Here is a spaghetti/chunk combo lamp I bought at a yard sale about 18 years ago when I was coincidentally 18.
It still has this really great green art glass light bulb my (then) girlfriend gave me.

I finally rewired it a couplah years ago as it had a faulty cord.

Aloha!

ST

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-11 07:53 am   Permalink

Since there isn't anything for sale and this has become more of a collector, show and tell thread, how about moving this to collecting tiki or beyond tiki? Moderators?

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-11 4:18 pm   Permalink

Sure, if it's ok with Tiki David.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-11 6:31 pm   Permalink

fine with me

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shampoovta
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-12 7:37 pm   Permalink

Saw this on Ebay today.
Starting bid: US $9.99

23 hours 1 min (Jan-13-09 18:30:00 PST)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=360121966660

View Profile of shampoovta Send a personal message to shampoovta  Goto the website of shampoovta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-13 12:49 pm   Permalink

does that mean your bidding ?
is this up fer grabs?

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shampoovta
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-14 06:55 am   Permalink

Opps sorry.

Na I was broke but I knew some one on here would dig it.

I got so much stuff now and not one more open wall socket.

Cool if some one from TC got it.

I just love seeing these lamps.

I will stumble across one for myself when the lord thinks I should. That is the way it always is for me.

Serendipity

Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-23 10:46 am   Permalink

FINALLY found me one! It looks so groovy in my office, I just can't tell you! Oh, and I got if for only $32, what a steal! I'm swag-happy!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation