FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki chunk swag lamps
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
chunk swag lamps
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-01 11:36 am   Permalink

I've had this one for a while but it wasn't wired. My handyman husband fixed this up yesterday so we switched it out with another hanging in our Tiki office.

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-08-01 11:46 am   Permalink

Very Nice, I like the reflection it puts on the wall.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-01 11:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-01 06:19, Bora Boris wrote:
DAYTIME

NIGHTTIME

They need to be cleaned up and hung properly but I'm very excited to have them.

Wow, what a score! I think you put it succinctly, and I can't say why, but chunky resin lamps such as these EXCITE ME !!!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-01 2:38 pm   Permalink

Here's a really unique chunk lamp. It looks like it was made out of all of the extra scrap parts laying around after a few lamps were made.

All of the colored chunks are organized by size in little clusters.

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-08-01 6:39 pm   Permalink

Kiara that lamp is Spectacular!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sparkle Mark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-01 10:26 pm   Permalink

WOW!
Both of the previous lamps are insanely cool!

Best
Mark

View Profile of Sparkle Mark Send a personal message to Sparkle Mark  Goto the website of Sparkle Mark     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-02 5:17 pm   Permalink

There must be something swag in the air, I found this one dismantled in a free box this weekend and after an hour of wiring, voila a chunky style swag and I only blew a fuse once.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cool Manchu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-02 6:20 pm   Permalink

I have a couple myself and it's a chance to show them off again!

This one my girlfriend bought me for my 40th birthday.

This one I found years back at the Alameda Antique fair

View Profile of Cool Manchu Send a personal message to Cool Manchu  Email Cool Manchu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-03 08:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-02 17:17, naugatiki wrote:
There must be something swag in the air, I found this one dismantled in a free box this weekend and after an hour of wiring, voila a chunky style swag and I only blew a fuse once.

I found a matching candle shade last week! Very cool and especially since it was free! Love your mod perpetual calendar too!

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uglyguy

Posted: 2011-11-21 7:22 pm   Permalink

Nice lamp Kiara. I was lucky enough to find one similar to it. I also found a big one that is two feet tall. Unfortunately someone painted it white. It will make a good winter project restoring it. I was wondering if anyone knew who made these black goopy lamps. I was thinking they might have come in kit form back in the day as the hardware and materials seem pretty standard. Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile of uglyguy Send a personal message to uglyguy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uglyguy

Posted: 2011-11-21 7:25 pm   Permalink

Here is the one that got painted.

View Profile of uglyguy Send a personal message to uglyguy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 10:31 pm   Permalink

Now that's ugly, guy!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 10:39 pm   Permalink

Oh, and in true Tiki Central spirit, ask and you shall receive (courtesy of Wendy Cevola):

Quote:

On 2011-11-04 13:42, danlovestikis wrote:

Gosh I hope I can convey how excited I am after our trip to Grass Valley. Not just because the next step has been made towards making the chunk style tiki lamps but because of who I'm making them with. Roger Bodine began making these lamps in the early 1960's. He was the first to make them with resin rather than glass so they didn't weigh so much......

These are some of the chunks that his company makes and sells. You could make your own lamp.

This is Roger Bodine and some of his creations.

My personal lamp will have the panels on the left. The tikis will be in the light and dark reds in the center of the panels. He can make these any color or in any way someone desires.

My lamp will be the first one and I'll post photos as soon as it's done.

Here's his Etsy and web pages.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLampDesignByRoger?page=1

http://www.goldenwestmfg.com

uglyguy

Posted: 2011-11-22 2:28 pm   Permalink

Killer lamps. And stoked that you found someone who is making the resin chunks. I tried pouring my own. Major hastle. Hopefully I can have him make a custom lamp for me or order the materials from him and make my own. My ceiling isn't that high, so the smaller the better. Aloha....

OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-26 08:32 am   Permalink

awesome to see that guys work and studio! I am actually in the process of making my first one. Will have to post picks when i get er done. Also just realized i never posted pics of my vintage ones, time to pull out the camera

[ This Message was edited by: OceaOtica 2011-11-26 08:40 ]

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation